Artifacts of Power

Ithric

Spell_book_by_PufuletiCuInghetata.jpg                                      

As you sit down at the table the barmaid approaches with a fresh flagon of ale.  The tavern bustles with activity as the noise drowns out your thoughts.  You shift in your seat only to feel something pinching your leg from under the crude wooden table.  Curiously you glance underneath and discover a satchel some drunk patron has forgotten in his stupor.  Carefully eyeing the crowd you untangle the leather bindings and find a hand written journal inside.  Casually drinking your flagon  you begin to read its contents:

I've finally found it after almost a lifetime of searching!  The artifact remains as potent as the days of old but its power remains locked away.   The Savant's records indicates the artifact has a name, "The Boneseer's Journal".  It was seemingly wielded by a powerful Chron master to force the Warmaster into submission aeons ago but it became lost in the folds of time.  There is some magical incantation that locks the journals secrets.  I've spent the lot of my fortune trying to unlock it but my efforts have all been futile.  There must be a key! 

The last of the journal is a mixture of drunken ranting and illegible scribbles.  The thought of the artifact tingles your senses with notions of grandeur and wielding the power within to your own satisfaction.  You recall hearing of this book and it's passing of hands throughout Aabrahan.  As you sip the last of your ale you remember someone boasting about a "Bone key" but your head begins to feel light as the ale lulls you off to sleep with one last... BUUURRRP.