Useful Prompts

Spark215

prompt %l!<%h/%HHp>%L%l%<%m/%MMp>%L%l2<%v/%VMv>%L%l8<%XExp>%L%l#<$%g>%L%l&<%t>%L%l$%n%p%L

turns into:

<100/100Hp><100/100Mp><100/100Mv><1941Exp><$25516><4> <% of Tank's HP when in battle>

Might I suggest putting this prompt as the default? Perhaps not the color scheme, as it's what I prefer, but it offers quite a bit more information than the base which would prove to help newbies more than one might think. Not pressing, just an idea.

I usually just use:

prompt %n%p%P%C(%hhp %mm %vmv) (%Xexp %ggo %tti) (%acps %iounted)

Gives me everything I need to know now, and the future when I might end up in a Cabal. Otherwise I don't get fancy with color as color distracts me, especially red. Red is evil because it usually means I'm getting hurt.

• 2 weeks later...

I prefer mine. Simple, no color and gets everything needed in it. I tried both and I can't get used to it at all. The color throws off my sense of what direction I should be looking at and the extra stuff I don't have on mine just throws me off too. I'll stick with what works for me I suppose.

• 1 year later...

I use a ton of colour.

%i - %l%%X%L - %l#%g%L - %l@%t%Ltime%c%n%P%l&%p%c%l9%v%L|%l9%V%L %l^%m%L|%l^%M %l!%h%L|%l!%H%c%l&%e%L%c

is my current prompt, i remove the exp tnl when I hit 50

I really like %c because I can see a lot more info stacked as opposed to a long line of info I have to read across.

I also like using %c as a buffer between my prompt and the mud output, hence ending with one.

This is it in action:

D - 5760 - 50379 - 14time <--- I have mounted status, exp tnl, gold, time

Joe Blow tanking: [===|===|===|---][68] <--- name of tank and hp bar, I also like the hp % so I can see how much I am dropping per round easily

195|265 282|282 170|248 <--- standard moves, mana, hp

[Exits: E S] <--- and exits

the colors really pop on a black background and I have the exits and the hp % in bright white which I could not simulate here.

Archived