Agribar bites the dust

megayeah

Well, I won't be playing him anymore. Just got in syndi for the first time in my life and I decide to leave him, heh. I guess all the deaths I took from all the Tribs kind of kicked me down this path. I guess I will try another syndi, but it will not be a monk for sure. Monks have gotten a lot weaker since last I played one. No eq around also is a problem.

Vibbletick - what can I say...it is not often I get to fight someone and be unable to do a single thing. Crazy gnome. Hope you stick around enough to have a taste of my dark knights as you did before ;)

Grum - Solid! Perfectly executed capture with the guard standing infront and you bashing my brains out with no sanc even.

To all the others Agribar fought...He was something like a comeback char that I didn't really feel like playing. Wanted to try how would a monk fare with all them nicy Syndi skills, but could not bare to die countless times unable to counter my enemies with anything. A new...or an old...Well it's an old/new project I have coming your way guys. Be prepared for another insane suicidal maniac. :)

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are two things that will make a monk cry the hardest:

Invokers (due to a monk's crap hp) and Giant anything (due to the giant's resistance to physical damage).

Going against Tribunal (which has both at the moment, I think from what I've read on the forums) would make it incredibly difficult to decide where to put the chii level when in offensive and you better have been going offensive, even with them having blood guards.

Alas, a Syndicate Monk is not in the stars with the power of Tribunal at the moment. So it has been foreseen, so it was, and....DOWN WITH THE MAN! KILL TRIBUNALS! :D

The 3 times I fought Agribar, he was wearing next to nothing but basic stuff but you kept coming back :confused:

With everyone keeping chars longer (and the few hoarders out there) lately, it has made for an incredibly narrow rare selection but still if you had taken the time to get fully prepared, I'm sure the outcome would have been different (especially the 2nd time we fought...I had 13hp left hah)

The 3 times I fought Agribar, he was wearing next to nothing but basic stuff but you kept coming back :confused:

With everyone keeping chars longer (and the few hoarders out there) lately, it has made for an incredibly narrow rare selection but still if you had taken the time to get fully prepared, I'm sure the outcome would have been different (especially the 2nd time we fought...I had 13hp left hah)

Well...Agribar was kind of like that...actually most of my chars are like that...that's why I am called a suicidal maniac.

Play a Moderate Smurf, that way you get to keep your EQ.

OR play a low EQ req character like a:

- Slith Thief (I hope you don't)

- Cleric

- Battlemage (A smurf Battlemage is immensely powerful, but you must know what you are doing)

Don't know how you will fare with a DK, since they favor survivalists and not Zerk stile PK. Unless you don't malform.

a..moderate smurf..I love it.

If you like being a smurf..of course, sounds boring to me though.

didnt get to RP with Agribar much, and our pk's were one-sided. You should of stuck with it though...syndicate abilities are quite nice for monks.

btw, preying mantis counters openers....spells, skills, anything...yes...that too (you know what im talking about)

Does so.

You should totaly test this out. :D

HORSE STANCE

syntax: horse

The horse stance symbolizes the endurance and stability of the horse.

Emphasizing on defense and endurance, the horse stance increases the

monk's resistance to harm. The horse stance also allows the monk

to control their mind to resist harm, poison, and disease. In some

cases, the monk may reverse any attack back to the origin, but only

with a fraction of the force. The horse stance requires mental

concentration so heavy equipment on the head will distract the monk.

To be as the horse, a monk must empower their defenses.

Does so.

You should totaly test this out. :D

i have played many monks Mya. Horse reverses blows in combat. A good example of when to use it, is against an ogre zerk using magical weapons. Horse DOES NOT reverse skills like bash, bodyslam, trip or spells like sleep.

MANTIS allows you to reverse bash, bodyslam, trip and spells like sleep. When it triggers the buff on the monk is consumed and the ability hits whomever used it on the monk. Then the monk has to reset the buff for it to work again.

i have played many monks Mya. Horse reverses blows in combat. A good example of when to use it, is against an ogre zerk using magical weapons. Horse DOES NOT reverse skills like bash, bodyslam, trip or spells like sleep.

MANTIS allows you to reverse bash, bodyslam, trip and spells like sleep. When it triggers the buff on the monk is consumed and the ability hits whomever used it on the monk. Then the monk has to reset the buff for it to work again.

Sorry buddy, but you're wrong, and mya is right. Horse stance reverses sleep. Wanna challenge me on that? I've slept several necromancers while in horse stance because they tried to sleep me. Mantis does not reverse sleep. Mantis reverses: bash, trip, blackjack, strangle, assassinate, etc. It does not reverse spells.

Mya +1, Kyzarius +0

With people' date=' especially one person in particular, doing full eq sacrifices these days I'd definitely go moderate. That way you can just sleep back to full and go at it with them again without having to take another week to get eq to be able to fight them.[/quote']

Indeed. I don't have time for that ****. I think some people really do want to just play here by themselves.

I can see it now, a blue ocean of Smurfs.

Let the blue revolution begin.

Dwarves/Duergar/Halflings are the perfect race for this. Since they can gimp saves.

Illithiad pretty necros also work fine in moderate.

Battlemages are powerhouses of blue energy.

And I have a Invokers with a fully charged staff with no rares.

And of course, our Theme Music:

See I really just hate how some people see that a full loot/sac is justified. I mean our pbase is small, why do you want to mess up someones gaming experience that badly? Some of us 8-10 year vets can dust off and get cracking, but if your a 1-4 year player that **** is crushing. As my current pinn I have not full looted anyone ever. One person did recieve a heavy looting, but was left with everything needed to function. It was returned with? An attempted full sac but I got there too fast for it all to go away. I just cannot comprehend why someone takes it upon themselves to strip away hours of someones life after they already won!

Archived