Retaliation

Unknown Criminal

Are there any real rules on retaliation or are they all unwritten.

For example, if George attacks (guy 1) and then attacks (guy 2) a few minutes later go attacks (guy 3), does (guy 2) get crapped on 

if he kills George because an additional attack was initiated?

Back in the day if George was to attack 3 people he would expect to be hunted by 3 people and if one of them managed to kill him

it was the game he opted to play. The scenario above happened and a little bit of crap started to fly which took me totally by surprise

since there was no ganging or co operation between the three guys. In my opinion George played tough guy and (guy 2) called him

on it.

Also with such a small pbase everyone knows who you are so if George was to attack me 2-3 RL days ago and I finally see him again,

im going to go out of my way to get revenge no matter what he is doing or who he is doing it with, is that wrong of me?

No hate in the replys guys, if something isnt common knowledge that should be then lets make sure everyone knows it. :)

UC

• Implementor

There isn't a rule. Except with qrace/classes.

However - it's entirely up to cabal imms whether their cabal cannot or can participate in such an affair.

Meaning, if your cabal imm doesn't like the fact george 1 (who as attached 3 in game days prior) jumps into a scuffle that George 3 was just in with George 2, take it in stride and accept any consequences that arise from it.

I was thinking today, suppose youre a Tribunal and two other Caballed characters are wanted and fighting in town. Are you supposed to just let them fight it out and then suppose one kills the other let them go and heal up before you fight them? Or in the case where the person attacks you (non-specific cabal or uncaballed) and u run to heal, then you go to find them and here they attacked someone else but you didn't know, now you attack them and get accused of tagging. Everyone knows who everyone plays huh? I don't do things like Full Sac ppl and crap like that, so I don't think I'd build a hate club, so I guess I'm not worried about that.

Thats one thing that always confused me. Maybe it comes from a lack of experience but unless I see someone attack someone, how am I to know who is fighting? I dont really want to interfere but eventually its just going to happen.

Some fights are just about assured like vendetta'd cabals, wanted/outlawed criminals and bountied characters.  Doesn't mean they are, just that there's a good chance.  Depending on how nice your character is, you can ask the one you're not going to fight in those instances if they're engaged and go from there.  You don't have to, it's one of the risks of being in a cabal/bountied, you're a larger target by design.  People are aware they can collect bounties even if you're not in Syndi, right?  For everyone else, asking down the wholist is just stupid IMO.

In short, you don't know who's fighting who unless you physically witness it or someone tells you about it.  Obvious, right?

The following is all personal opinion:

If I'm not actively involved in battle and some chases (either party), I consider myself fair game if the aggressor/victim isn't in the same area for a couple of ticks.  If I'm not, I'll either run, ask you (or the previous person) to step back, to take turns or any combination thereof.  Doesn't mean it'll work though, but I'll give it a try, character depending.  In fewer words, If it's not an obvious (or intentional) gang/tag, feel free to engage.  That might be the 1.0 in me talking, though.  If I'm the one attacking a group, that's an entirely different can of worms.  One I've rarely opened.

Some fights take priority in my eyes.  I'll be happy to let a Watcher/Trib duke it out, even if I really want a piece of the Watcher for example.

Yes, that might be throwing down the gauntlet for some, but I don't care.  I need to PK more anyway.

This thread has created way too much confusion, as most of UCs threads seem to do.

There are no rules against tagging/ganging, so all is fair game. You might get a frown from the IMM team if that is all you are doing, but generally, you wont.

On the other hand though, just like in real life, there will be consequences for the actions of your character i.e. if you act trashy, expect to be treated the same way. This doesn't go just about but ganging, but about one's general attitude, behaviour, tactfullness (full looting included).

If you are aware of that - and feel OK with it - then why make a thread about it to begin with?

PS. Also, if you want to RP an ass, then keep in mind there is a difference between being an ass and being trashy. Zoichan and Ekhurift are generally very good examples about ingame asses while being very classy (most of the time).

I have always had loads of hesitation in ganging situations. I also have gotten way too salty over being ganged in the past when I had no real reason for it. Probably seems a switch from my much past mentality but I also miss a lot of the 1.0/2.0 huge free for alls. Those were a blast. Get your mithril or red dragon armor and you are ready to kick some ass. Yeaaaa

Archived