Bards and Songs

Erelei

While I 100% agree, its not like me and others haven't offered to help. 

On 9/17/2015 at 5:05 AM, Anume said:

If you can help Morl some by writing snippets I think this sounds good. Up to Morl though.

(I never heard back after messaging him)

*shrug* If he wants to do it by himself, he has to be open to criticism about what he prioritizes.  

I reckon I could get battlemages into decent shape in an afternoon if he was open to getting help.

• Implementor
2 hours ago, Wade said:

While I 100% agree, its not like me and others haven't offered to help. 

(I never heard back after messaging him)

*shrug* If he wants to do it by himself, he has to be open to criticism about what he prioritizes.  

I reckon I could get battlemages into decent shape in an afternoon if he was open to getting help.

Sure would like to see that message..

Went back 4 years, and through 289 messages. None of them were from you.

• Like 2

Can anyone playing a bard now say that they feel weaker?

Can anyone playing a bard during the change, say, last month I beat so and so, this month I can not?

I think the change did not weaken the bards extensively. Did not "gimp" them, but perhaps brought them closer to the line of balance.

@Tantangel I play bards a lot. I am all for this change. Which might make me the exception to your assumption that only those getting owned want them toned down.

If my W/L record changes dramatically when I play a certain class, then that class is inherently OP. I am not @Fireman or @f0xx. I do not get better at PK over time. I generally am never trying to win.

Which means if I am winning, there is a good chance something is not quite right. Back in the day, I won regularly because you all did not know how things worked. These days, I should not win without putting forth the effort.

ref rev X2 was a win last month.

now I have to do it three times. (oh no!) :clapping:

I still feel as powerful as I did before any of these changes, but I expect to see a huge drop in that power when materials are adjusted and that is okay as long as that loss in strength isn't too great that I feel like I can't compete. The thing is though, I felt just as strong as I do on this character as I had on previous characters like Ekhurift.

I'm excited, but nervous to see what all happens to the instruments. Making them more utility is worrying as it is the ONLY weapon we can use and our MAIN source of damage. All these "little" nerfs are going to add up.. Is it going to add up to being too big of a nerf and the class struggles to find any success or is it going to make them perfectly balanced? We'll have to wait to find out.

11 hours ago, Erelei said:

Sure would like to see that message..

Went back 4 years, and through 289 messages. None of them were from you.

I guess it's a mystery. It was over two years ago when I was studying computer science, so I might be mistaken? I had a recent conversation completely dissappear from my inbox recently, maybe it suffered the same fate. 

If you had told me a couple years ago people would be excited and actively debating bards, I would've laughed. Bards as they were before any changes were just boring and relegated to pure rp. Some changes might be good, some might be bad, but its clear the general direction is upward, and this is awesome. 

• Like 2

• 4 months later...
On 12/14/2017 at 10:16 PM, Aidon said:

If you had told me a couple years ago people would be excited and actively debating bards, I would've laughed. Bards as they were before any changes were just boring and relegated to pure rp. Some changes might be good, some might be bad, but its clear the general direction is upward, and this is awesome. 

Some of my most fun PVP chars were "old" bards :D