Santa... 2018?

I fully believe that mages should be the top priority for changes... I also feel that melee items being out of wack is not the full problem.

Mages had their parry skill dropped down to a cap at 105.

Hybrids I feel are in a good place in the right hands. I absolutely suck as a DK and was able to hold my own well enough. Even with the cap to defenses I feel that I was able to compensate due to dodge.

BMG/Invoker/Psion in my opinion should have the two handed defense (or a lesser form of it)

Clerics/Shaman/Druid also in my opinion should have their 105 caps removed

Lich are in a weird place being the only mage without a reliable protective shield, which is my only major concern with them. If that is something that the imms feels should stay, maybe a defense based on phylactery strength to compensate.

• Like 1
  • Implementor
On 11/6/2018 at 6:30 AM, Lloth said:

To piggyback on this, I will be accepting 3 OLC changes. Specific items, quests, mob difficulty, and area layouts only, please. Please also try to keep it reasonable. Entire new zones can take several months of work (based on scope). So decide among yourselves what you'd like to see from me, as well, and I will work with Zoichan to get things scheduled out and completed.

Ivesianna's quest area should be one of these. According to the player, she still has a copy of all the rooms, so it just needs to be put in with the quest. High end high level content is always something players find interesting. Also it would be great to have the quest available for all aligns (maybe slightly different, if you can do that).

• Like 1

It would be interesting to give them a similar mechanic to vampires day/night. Make them slightly better in the forests (be it via enhanced damage or some boon) but completely hamstrung in the city (drained or can't commune maybe, something interesting.) 

2 hours ago, Wade said:

It would be interesting to give them a similar mechanic to vampires day/night. Make them slightly better in the forests (be it via enhanced damage or some boon) but completely hamstrung in the city (drained or can't commune maybe, something interesting.) 

So basically how they already are? If you get a Druid outside of a forest, and force them to run around a little for their spells to drop, they can't really use protective spells without a forest anyways. Plus forcing them to be only able to commune in forests removes at least a spell from being usable at all. Druids to me are fine, and the fact that you don't see them rampaging over everyone kind of shows you they're probably pretty fine as is now. If you're a Werebeast things can be even more interesting as some of the different forms makes it easier/harder to do some things as well.

I think druids are fine as they are. They have subpar offense because they are insanely hard to kill. It takes a very specific race, class, and cabal choice to counter them, and that is still only if the druid is bad at making similar decisions. You pretty much have to try to die, or forget half your upkeep, to die in 1v1 without restrictions as a druid. On the flip side... you're very unlikely to kill anyone not doing the same thing.

That one is in the OLC department. There used to be a reason for it, but after the instrument maintaining changes, that reason is no longer valid.

For those unaware: you used to be able to make 1handed instruments, so picks were made into 2handed weapons so that you were forced to be vulnerable while gathering. Now that you can no longer make 1handed instruments, there is no point in keeping it this way. 

• Like 1

A hybrid that encompasses all alignments and ethos would be a welcome addition. Something that combines the defense capabilities of a paladin with the offensive ability of a dark knight. Weaker on both fronts, but equal through the versatility.

Think fighter/mage/cleric, without the benefits of the protection spell, or religious discrimination caused by lack of faith. While it may sound OP, I know it could be done in a balanced way. Maybe not in 2 months, so put it on my 2019 list santa.

I'd like to see more selectable skills for the classes that don't have them.

Allow dark knights to give up melee to focus more on spells like lose third attack to gain a better magic strike that uses more spells like fireball.  Give paladins a choice to choose flails and spears but they lose holy word.  Or a focus more on spells to gain but they lose polearms, but their lay hands skill works on themselves.

I'd also like to see bards to be given a selection to make their songs better.  For instance, a modification that enhances all songs or that makes them have different effects.  Something like making reverberate a change damage types or gives them the ability to refrain all songs at the cost of second attack and the extra attack from brawl.

Selectable skills makes for replayability as far as I'm concerned without losing the base of the class.  As well, it makes for more variation in the rock/paper/scissors.  It bothers me that there some classes have more banes than others.  For instance, want to kill most mages (necros aside)?  Roll a thief, monk or ninja because they pretty much control the attrition game most mages could play.  It takes cabal skills to overcome the weaknesses.   Want to kill a warrior or ranger or druid and it takes specific class/cabal to make their lives equally hard.  An example is an ogre warmaster is enhanced by his cabal skills as well as it offsets his weaknesses.  Being able to cure mals on tap is powerful for a magic vuln race.

A drow invoker isn't really able to offset his low HP by going Savant unless they pick mysterum, which is lackluster in my opinion for fighting Warmasters.

• Love 1

An expansion if the ID spell to include the location where the item is worn. Tired of literally searching my id files for stuff to wear on a body part and not having an easy way to search. It would look like this:

Object 'elemental spine' is type armor, worn wrist, material thorns.
Extra flags: hum.
Weight is 10, value is 400, level is 30.
Armor class is 0 pierce, 3 bash, 0 slash, and 5 vs. magic.
Affects hp by 30.
Affects mana by 10.

Proposal: Forbid Storm giants from going High Sight crusader.
Reason: High Sight Damage + Giant lag to OP vs meeles.
How: Make scrolls a pre-requesite for High Sight (or forbid roar + whips). This excludes warriors and zerks, leaving everyone going high sight having to be a paladin. Or as alternative, coding a new racial skill for storms and then forbidding the high-sigh on that skill, just like Ilithiad and psi.

Edited by mya
color
6 hours ago, Fool_Hardy said:

Bimonthly meetings interspersed by bimonthly RP sessions in 2019.

This this. Lets us have a IMM_PC vs IMM_PC RP light plot, that players can participate.

Like some Red Dragon (DM_PC) with goblin minions taking hold of something unimportant like the crossroad west of the forsaken lands, and some Rheydin Noble Baron (DM_PC) trying to stop them. Unknown to them the Red Dragon is looking for the fabled dwarven treasure of Sophie, the Merchant, which is in a sunken ship.

The Baron thinks it's just a goblin raid, when it's just Old dragons lust for gold. Baron tries to hire goblin slayers ™, to thwart the goblins.
Only for the goblin slayers ™, to find out that they should have been dragon slayers.

An when the dragon/Baron finally finds the treasure, it's not gold but plot twist,  dragon eggs. And then when they hatch, plot twist, Sophie didn't have dragon eggs, it's lizards that start coming out of the Eggs, MSGA. :P

Edited by mya
  • Erelei locked this topic