Santa... 2018?

20 hours ago, Erelei said:

- Improved score sheet to show the following info:
        - Damage reduction provided by AC
        - Estimated spell landing % versus saves
        - Estimated real hit/dam after diminished returns
        - Managain and Hitgain
        - Current size
    - Wants imms to have ability to see % and damage values when snooping (...uh okay why?)
    - Expand identify spell to show where item is worn
    - Prevent storm giants from being High Sight Crusader path (and then a bunch of ideas how to do this - don't worry mya, I think I got this part if I decide to put this in ;))
    - Allow paladins to brand-name a single weapon
    - Change mounted charge to show the name of the weapon you're being impaled by
    - Limit blindness level to 51 or 52 (just the affect, not the land chance?)
    - Have perks be an affect so you can affect characters with several of them (elaborate?)
    - Have humans be able to choose multiple perks (2 or 3) 

- Wants imms to have ability to see % and damage values when snooping (...uh okay why?) Because, I think is a valuable tool for Imms. If they see a fight, they have a clearer picture of what is happening. Example ... Invoker fighting a HS crusader. They would see the parry % chance, and thus have a clear idea of his chance to parry attacks. They would see the Sader damage clearly, not obfuscated by high damage granularity. They would also have a clear idea of the damage per round in the fight. (Remenber, I don't know what imms see.)
- and then a bunch of ideas how to do this - don't worry mya, I think I got this part if I decide to put this in ;) - And I did it again 🤐 ... Again, I have no doubt of your skill. Just me being me.
Limit blindness level to 51 or 52 (just the affect, not the land chance?) - Just the affect level affecting curatives/dispel. This because hard to cure blindness was a reason given for being carefull with Sear/Shaman malls...
Have perks be an affect so you can affect characters with several of them (elaborate?) - I have no idea how perks implemented. Just thinking having humans being able to select more than 1 perks as bonus is good. Having perks being able to be easy recycled for other stuff is good, like RP purchase of some perks, like adventurer. Just me being me again.

I have two other suggestions:

Zerk Fury cleave tone:
unraged weapon cleave hit non burnprof weapon, destroy weapon
unraged weapon cleave hit         burnprof weapon, damages weapon with 33% chance to disarm.
     raged weapon cleave hit burnprof uncursed weapon, 100% disarms weapon
     raged weapon cleave hit burnprof      cursed weapon, 100% disarms weapon and damages weapon.

This, way fury cleave loses high peak that stifles PK and get more powerful at uncommitted engagements, through unraged disarm. Still more powerful than Weapon seize.

Please ALLOW GLADIATORS TO STANCE GROUPED.

Good newbie sub cabal. But not being able to receive sanctuary or stance grouped makes no sense. It detracts interaction with groups going in group doing stuff, at a time that the players numbers aren't that high. Perhaps have stance make a "release all" to prevent stance + pets. Warmasters don't have area spells that need to group up to avoid friendly fire.

On 11/27/2018 at 10:06 PM, Erelei said:

- New race (possibly dragons)
    - Perks for unused race/class combos (no specifics provided)
    - Variable lag and damage - More lag = less damage (on the lag move?) Less lag = more damage. Please elaborate Tant
    - AC being less impacted the higher you have it 
    - Higher hit/dam diminishing returns (more punishing)
    - Living weapons should be easier to make/max
    - Open classes up to more races (Duerger DK, Dwarf Paladin, Fire DK, Storm Paladin, Illithid Invoker, Illithid Cleric, etc)
    - Update help file for tattoos (.. Tant can't read instructions apparently, but that's okay :P)
    - Make nimble perk give 15%+ chance to avoid lag skills
    - New edges for increased finding of lockboxes by 40%+
    - New purchased skills/spells from Bazaar for 20+ RP points
    - RP pets to 40 RP points or less
    - Greed Divine Intervention to blackjack all in PK range?

- So blackjack all in PK range that are in the same room. IE: if they're in the Central Commons and you're in the Central Commons AND also in their PK range, blackjacked with DI. If you're not in their range, you're completely protected by the lack of ability to be in their PK range.

- Lag damage would be as follows:

* Fire Giant bashes and lands special flames combination with high damage and we'll say it's a MANGLES through protections and such. Lag = 1 round max with 0 lag possible depending on perks, AC, and all of that still.

* Fire Giant bashes and lands for a low damage, and no special flame damage, lets say around a decimates through all protections. The possibility of being lagged for 1 round is guaranteed, 2 rounds for enlarged guaranteed, and possibly upwards of 3 rounds max if the size difference is drastic and manages to land.

* Storm Giant bashes and lands a DISMEMBER through protections and it would do the same checks as the Fire Giant would have had in the first instance.

* Storm Giant bashes and lands a maul through protections and it would act as the same for the second situation with a Fire Giant.

- Perks for other races could be done through OLC or code changes depending on how seen fit. It could mean giving those races like Gnome giving a second Warrior Lore as a staple for choosing a combination not really played ever. Similar to how you have given a Gnome Thief the ability to have Brambus Needler learned and can choose another trap that boosts their overall ability. I could elaborate in another post at a later time if it is actually considered.

pick a number. beyond this number, saves see heavily diminished returns, i do not know the "code" like some of these dorks, so i don't know how feasible this is.

example number: 30. beyond 30, save effects see heavily diminishing returns. example: 25%. at 40 saves, 50%. these are out-of-ass numbers, just for sake of example.

if it doesn't help at all, lower the number or steepen the DR. if it helps too much, raise the number or adjust the DR the other direction. change this frequently, maybe even week to week if enough people are trying stuff out. settle at a nice place where people can still have strong saves, but cannot have crazy strong saves on top of crazy high hr/dr. continue adjusting as necessary as the review of individual pieces of gear continue to be reviewed and adjusted.

just trying to think of a broad-stroke, simple way to deal with the gear creep issue in the short-term while @Zoichan and company are overhauling each individual item. maybe it wouldn't be simple? hell if i know. was just brainstorming.

<3 @Erelei

also had an interesting discussion in chat today about a new "stat," something like "spell break" or something. works offensively like HR/DR, but negates saves on the target mob/player.

stolen:

Save Breaks 

Just as one can wear equipment to help 'save' or defend against spells, so can spellcasters wear savebreaking equipment to enhance their chances of penetrating their target's spell defenses. Savebreaks fall into either the afflictive, maledictive, or mental categories. Every point of savebreak will counteract one point of save, but this relationship is not exact: savebreaks will be more effective against targets who have high spell resistances, and less effective against magically vulnerable foes who have little defense to penetrate anyhow. 

Savebreaks do not stack. When wearing multiple savebreaking items, only the highest savebreak value in each category counts toward one's ability to savebreak. Savebreaking items are of no use to non-spellcasters. 

11 hours ago, Tantangel said:

- Lag damage would be as follows:

* Fire Giant bashes and lands special flames combination with high damage and we'll say it's a MANGLES through protections and such. Lag = 1 round max with 0 lag possible depending on perks, AC, and all of that still.

* Fire Giant bashes and lands for a low damage, and no special flame damage, lets say around a decimates through all protections. The possibility of being lagged for 1 round is guaranteed, 2 rounds for enlarged guaranteed, and possibly upwards of 3 rounds max if the size difference is drastic and manages to land.

* Storm Giant bashes and lands a DISMEMBER through protections and it would do the same checks as the Fire Giant would have had in the first instance.

* Storm Giant bashes and lands a maul through protections and it would act as the same for the second situation with a Fire Giant.

That looks needlessly complicated.  If I understand what you're saying, and I'm not sure I do.
That two round minimum for enlarged looks evil.  Did you know that there's a chance, albeit small, for a giant sized (med+3) to lag a faerie (or anyone else, for that matter) for 1 round?  That chance gets bigger the larger the bash-ee is, but it's still a minimum chance.

Anyway, I read this:

11 hours ago, Tantangel said:

- Variable lag and damage - More lag = less damage (on the lag move?) Less lag = more damage. Please elaborate Tant

As this:
1 round of lag is *1.5 damage.
2 rounds of lag is *1 damage.
3 rounds of lag is *.5 damage.
4 rounds of lag is *.25 damage.

• Like 1

So I have two suggestions, one seemingly daunting and one seemingly easier.  First off, I think the auto list needs expansion.  It doesn't make any sense to me that a feral with 103 dodge cannot elect to stand still and not dodge.  In the same way a great boxer doesn't try to knock out every training partner with every punch, especially in an agreed on sparring session.  So I think defenses should be toggled.  I also think the "punishing" skills should be considered. e.g I believe fury berserkers were the topic, but why would someone who is SUPER GOOD at breaking weapons not also be able to modulate their effort to at least the level of a normal person trying to break things.  I don't pretend to be a black belt in anything (well except ... leisure), but I can theoretically hurt someone grappling with a technique or work through it in a more controlled way to deliberately eliminate or dramatically reduce the chance anyone even feels pain never mind is hurt.  You would think someone much better, say a member of the Gracie family who literally has an international roster of schools under their banner, could also do that same thing and even have safety measures I don't know to think about.  I would have to yield to the more experienced players who have bumped into clunky snags like that before, but I think one we all know to be mindful of is dodge and it seems to be borderline RP restrictive that I cannot make a choice to not dodge for a variety of reasons, and factually mechanically annoying to varying degrees depending on class.  I was recently taught the secret slith no-tail attack jutsu, but that is another one that seems strange.  A slith can go through the effort of getting an extra attack with his tail... but he can't chill out a bit and not?

Another one I was thinking about, which is again slith specific (wonder what I am playing, right?  Sharpen those malforms DKs!), is the ability for sliths to drop their tails for a period of time.  I was thinking a 120 hr timer where you get no tail procs and you get hungrier faster.  This is to simulate the varieties of lizards that release their tails as a defense mechanism then grow it back over time.  The hunger increase is to reflect that the slith both lost a reserve of fat and is devoting extra energy to the tail's regeneration.  Another interesting, but more detrimental drawback, would be a dex penalty for a period of time.  It has been observed that some lizards have an adjustment period where their balance is poor after losing their tail.  Perhaps a tiny ac bonus ... like literally -5 @ 50 just because there is factually less slith?

Edited by KRins
  • Erelei locked this topic