Zergedelt vs Oiydi

Anonymous

4 minutes ago, Celerity said:

Stone golem detonate does roughly 350 unsaveable AOE physical damage. What does an acid blast do? Maybe it could use a buff.

Flesh golem: When summoned, it will take (120 - flesh golem proficiency)% of the caster's total health. Won't ever kill the necromancer though, even if at 1 hp.

Thats broken too then. Whats stopping you from absorbing to go back to 50% hp, fight on until you are nearly dead... Like at 50 hp and just flee a couple of rooms, summon another flesh golem and pop another juicy heal? 

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, kamikazi said:

Whats stopping you from absorbing to go back to 50% hp, fight on until you are nearly dead

Spell: drained        : modifies con by -1 for 7 hours

Or rather, the lengthy flesh golem timer after you do it again.  Or should be.
I'm still for making it difficult to use when drained.

Probably the biggest issue here, is the no lag at all and the ability to use such a heal mid combat....I mean... Even psis gotta flee to make their wish and from what I hear it even has a chance to hurt you instead of heal. 0 logic in this necro mechanic. Almost seems like an intentional overlook, that only a select few would know of, until a smart guy like me exposes it ;)

Squid defense is atrocious against melee.  Squid defense against magic is superb.  They can super stack -ac because they don't have to worry about call lightning as much.  They are mental resistant.  They can use wands rather easily and still somewhat parry.  They have leech which can pretty much screw over Mage and melee alike when it works.  They can cone of force which again fails a lot but can screw someone over as well.  Squid defense against melee is not just atrocious, but incredibly atrocious.   But, as  you can see, they have superb defense against those that use spells. 

I am going to give some context here. We were fighting for a LONG time.  I got capture a little bit before this fight.  I came in swinging and sometimes its not about this that our the other thing.  ZERGEDELT THREW DOWN.  I threw down.  It was a great fight and I am an experienced battlemage player.  The adrenaline of the fight everything that happened.  I give ZERGEDELT so much credit.  I was legit kicking its ass and it came back stronger and stronger each fight.  Now Im gonna have to do the same.  I am proud of this fight because we BOTH went for it.  WATCHER VS TRIBUNAL.  Fights like this keep me playing.

GREAT JOB ZERGEDELT.  I've got lots of respect for you.

OIYDI

Nothing wrong with Necromancers.  Looks like a nice slug fest.  We as a community need to really stop thinking, "Oh man I lost.  This other class is broken."  After watching this fight, I want a fight like this. 🙃   Looks like you both had some fun.

P.S psionisists ARE broken. lol

LOVE YOU ALL

Actually I will mention this also, as I don't think either player will mind because it shows them in the best light:

1. These  two were fighting for 2+ IRL hours.
2. Oiydi managed to kill the necromancer FIRST - yes there was more than one PK this day.
3. Neither quit. 
4. They then fought another two times, resulting in the capture of Oiydi twice - this fight in the log being the latter fight (I think?).
5. Neither quit - despite losses on both sides.

That to me, is outstanding.

1 hour ago, Mmm Coffee said:

Well damn, why not post the one where the evil tyrant goes down!?  :D

We'd been fighting for a long time.  I'd captured the standard and Zergedelt was recovering.  I was doing lots of damage.  I looked everywhere for the Squid.  Then finally I decided to check inside the tribunal halls.  Sure enough he was there.  I already had the standard and I don't think it expected me to come.  I literally 3 rounded it.  So thats why I didn't post.  Im sure I caught it completely off guard.

OIYDI.

Fight 2 was a complete blood bath.  I forgot something super important and I was holding the standard.  I was sure it would collect its item am and I could recover.  I ran somewhere close thinking I was okay I tried to sleep one tick and sure enough after about 30 minutes of war I was captured.

That was fight three and there were fights before this.  I made it flee a couple times she made me flee.  We then decided one of us was dying and that was the magic that was CREATED.

EPIC

OIYDI

10 hours ago, Ulmusdorn said:

Great fight.

What I actually take from this is: Damn battlemages are not the weaklings everyone says they are ;) 

Wait, no! Something was bRokeN aNd ExPoSED! 

All jokes aside, great log to read. Thanks for sharing it!

42 minutes ago, Ulmusdorn said:

I don't get it.

I don't think the golem absorption is broken or exposed. Every necro who has ever chosen knows what it does? How does this suddenly make it broken?

So...Let me get this straight...It was intentional to work like this? No lag, mid battle with no lag...restores everything upto 50 %, and you can just summon another one right after and absorb it again? This reminds me of the time you guys were saying there's nothing wrong with petrify...Turned out there was a lot wrong with that. I would like to at least once see you guys admit that you overlooked it, but instead you are trying to convince the entire playerbase that there is no issue yet again. Awesome.

2 hours ago, Ulmusdorn said:

I don't get it.

I don't think the golem absorption is broken or exposed. Every necro who has ever chosen knows what it does? How does this suddenly make it broken?

*boggle face*  Do you really think people playing their necros are going to admit this heal skill with 0 lag is a little broken?  This is how things like this get addressed when multiple people see it.

I'm so disappointing this thread went here in truth.  I feel like there is 0 wrong with absorb golem, and I think this is an illithid perc to absorbing the golem.  If I remember correctly I could not do it in combat with Puerilaug.  Its been a bit so I don't remember.  I can tell you if its not timed perfect, and you don't get the kill.  You're absolutely fucked!  You're drained for 9 hours.  Which sucks real bad.  Just Saying.

P.s  Next thing you know Battlemages though 2 months ago everyone was saying they're garbage.  We'll see.

Great fight both of you.

Izzzy

The fight was great. I never said it wasn't. Props to both of them for nuking all the way to the end and not backing down. Not like most of the fights these days, with everyone being so careful and stuff. If you see someone risking it a lot more than others, that would probably be me as well, if I was playing. I just think this is a flawed mechanic that needs to be toned, again, baring in mind the arsenal necros possess. It just happened to pop up in this log, thus the reason I brought it up and kind of derailed the thread. I will not speculate anymore and wait to see if an IMM would share some light on the situation, instead of just saying "There is no problem." I am trying to contribute into making the game a little more balanced, so that everyone can enjoy it. I know sometimes I can be rather toxic and annoying, but its maybe cause I like the game too much and am being a little passionate about it.

Again sorry about hijacking the thread. I'll stop now.

31 minutes ago, kamikazi said:

I will not speculate anymore and wait to see if an IMM would share some light on the situation, instead of just saying "There is no problem."

I understand this completely.  I will say this and anyone who plays a necro will agree.  IF you see what happened after that drain Oidy litterally owned the Necro in a round or 2 because of the Drained affect, and almost killed it.  The DRAIN is terrible on absorb golem.  The Necro timed it perfect and in truth I dig it!

No one ever said this is/isn't broken. They just said it was working as intended. Broken is a conversation about the larger impact of a skill/spell on the game and other combos.

One thing the staff will never do is make changes to entire classes without considering the impact to every race this would effect. 
This synergy works well with Illithid, but to achieve it they give up 1. knowing any weapons beyond 75% and 2. any realistic defense. Its hard to tell how many parries the necromancer pulls off, but considering they have over 110 in parry, its not very many. There is always an UP and a DOWN to any class combo --> So realistically you never make BLANKET changes without considering the impact to everything.

10 hours ago, kamikazi said:

restores everything upto 50 %, and you can just summon another one right after and absorb it again?

Have you tested and tried that? I wouldn't be surprised if you couldn't raise another being drained. Or are you just guessing at how it 'could work'. 
The whole reason this was 'successful' was that the necromancer stayed engaged. What you're suggesting is running away to cast and absorb a golem - this gives the  bmage time to sleep/recoup and as we've said, even an hour would of let the bmage win this one maybe two if they absorbed another golem (unsure if this is possible?)? 

2 hours ago, kamikazi said:

I know sometimes I can be rather toxic and annoying, but its maybe cause I like the game too much and am being a little passionate about it.

There is nothing wrong with your passion Kami - however if you want to come across more level, take a more measured approach in your questions/responses. Perhaps pose questions instead of untested truths and try and remember what I've mentioned first - changes effect every combo in the game, we have to consider the implications across the board, not just in this one single instance. Otherwise we get paths for selectable classes that are never chosen - and then its pointless having the choice eh?

EDIT: I will also point out: What if this necro had chosen the stone golem mastery? And just before they went into drain they 'chanced' it and exploded the golem? Shock kicks in and the bmage takes 350 damage? We would then be having this conversation again, just in another way ;)

Archived