Zergedelt vs Oiydi

Anonymous

If an illithid is drained, I don’t think they shock, they would just die. But being able to shock, absorb, recast, absorb seems like a lot of healing on a damage heavy combo. Not to mention vamp touch. Yes it takes some finesse and risk, but that’s still a ton of healing. 

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Frankly, it doesn't take a ton of risk/finesse when your opponent's damage potential is calculable and the skill has ZERO lag. That's why he waited to use it in the first place.  After shock, he just stood there in the fight doing nothing for ~4 rounds, just waiting until the right time.  He could have ordered a rescue or flee/re-enter but he didn't.  He knew how much damage he was taking, he baited Oiydi  until he was hurt enough that the surprise acid blast would win. 

It was a great tactic, yes, but not particularly risky for the necro.  The only thing that could have screwed with his plan would have been a meteor swarm that actually worked right before he consumed the golem.

The battlemage is smoking that golem.  The Necro can do just as much damage to the Battlemage with the army.  A flashfire would have made the difference in this fight.  From what I've seen and heard about this thread.  Looks like they both had had enough and just went for it.  I'm sure the battlemage was shocked when the illithid was able to do that in combat.  I don't think other necros can do that while they're fighting.

I know I tried to do it with Puerilaug when fighting the beast ranger in Warmaster and could not do it.  But if you notice that low dex is destorying the illithid, thats why its able to do all those fun things.

Archived