Nikyodi, Surxys, and Miruvhor

Raargant

~~~~~

In Miruvhor, several people are being attacked for their treasures by highly skilled adventurers. Their screams ring through the night as the robberies continue.

Northeastern Plaza

Renewed and glorified structures of red brick are lined along the eastern

and northern edges of the plaza here. The blue and black stone tiles here

have been replaced, and pay tribute to the massive wealth of Miruvhor.

Overhead, sea gulls from the neighboring sea fly in the air, filling the plaza

with their cries.

[Exits: south west]

Viscount Surxys, Lord of the Crimson Fist keeps his fangs exposed.

You now follow Viscount Surxys, Lord of the Crimson Fist.

'Hello, Nikyodi', Surxys hisses from the shadows.

You say 'This is not what Miruvhor is supposed to be.'

Nikyodi spits. 'Listen to them. Rampaging through town.'

You say 'Can you do anything?'

As Surxys strolls, he occasionally looks over at Nikyodi. 'No. Not without the Tribunal leading.'

Nikyodi puts the cigarette in her mouth out carefully. No ashes spill. 'Damn the Tribunes! Take action!'

Surxys spins and grips Nikyodi by the shoulders lifting her off of her feet. 'Don't you think I would like to?!'

Nikyodi turns her cheek, but she glares back with her fiery red eyes.

Surxys bares his fangs. 'You are not yet in control here, Nikyodi.'

You say 'I want to see reform.'

Surxys drops Nikyodi back on to her feet, saying, 'Do not presume that you are the only misfit in the world that wants to see the outcasts treated fairly.'

Nikyodi cradles the back of her neck with both of her hands. 'Would you support me, Surxys? If I was given the power to reward -you-?'

Surxys doesn't look at Nikyodi. Instead he continues his patrol. 'You have the privilege of being in a guild. You have opportunities I do not.'

Nikyodi shrugs, 'Then quit. Go and become something.'

Surxys rolls his eyes, 'You know exactly why I cannot do that, Nikyodi.'

Nikyodi lights up her pipe and begins to smoke. She murmurs her words: 'You're used to being held back? Being a slave?'

Surxys glances at Nikyodi, saying, 'What then? Working for you would be no different.'

Nikyodi scoffs, blowing smoke through her teeth. 'It would be very different. You're not a pawn just because you attempt to uphold the law.'

Surxys's face becomes stone. He stares at Nikyodi. 'People will accept a half-blood like you, and not me?'

Surxys continues: 'Why is that, Nikyodi? Because I drink blood in the early hours of the morning?'

Nikyodi smiles darkly, 'Morning, as if there were such a thing anymore.'

Surxys does not look amused. 'Answer my question, Nikyodi.'

Nikyodi's face relaxes and she takes a drag on the pipe. Smoke fills the air as she talks, 'No. Because you've already made your choice.'

You say 'You decided that the best and only way to survive as a vampire was to follow in the footsteps of Martineius. But he had things you never did.'

Nikyodi turns on a heel and observes the city around her. 'Look at this city. Look at the rust that has covered its beautiful features.'

You say 'The Jewel of the East is gone. It has been gone for many, many years. People come here to hunt its civilians and laborers.'

Nikyodi turns back to Surxys and stares boldly at him. 'Martineius's day is not forgotten. It’s just lost under the dust.'

Surxys takes a deep breath. His voice is as hollow as the wind, 'You think you can re-fulfill the reason I chose to be what I am now, Nikyodi?'

Surxys makes eye-contact with Nikyodi, 'I've been allowed to survive all this time because of my insignificance.'

Nikyodi tilts her head and folds her arms. 'Bad move. I'd rather die for Miruvhor and make a positive mark in the process.'

Surxys licks behind his upper lip, his lips tightening. 'Don't presume that I regret my choice, Nikyodi. I've always done my job to my fullest... when it allows me to.'

Nikyodi blows smoke rings. 'Just so... our arrangement... stays intact.'

Surxys sighs (or groans) at Nikyodi. 'Remember, you have no power here. However, because you've ‘seduced’ me with ideas, not promises, we are allowed to continue.'

Surxys turns and looks at Nikyodi, pointing accusingly at her. 'The moment you make a promise that I don't think you can keep... We're done.'

Surxys's cape flourishes a little as he stands up straight again. His eyes stay on Nikyodi. 'Even the dead get bored.'

Nikyodi nods knowingly. 'And you know that the Crimson Fist is crumbling.'

Surxys turns away from Nikyodi and dismissively waves his hand. 'It will always be here. Its purpose might die, but not us.'

Nikyodi huffs respectfully and turns her attention to the lighthouse for a moment.

You say 'I want to see better days. Not for the world, but for Miruvhor.'

Nikyodi bites her lip before she continues speaking, 'Sometimes I think that the rest of the world could rot, and we'd still be here.'

Surxys steps lightly, as if part of the shadows. 'Then perhaps, Nikyodi, it is best to leave Miruvhor to its independence.'

Nikyodi shakes her head and retorts, 'No! If you want to continue recycling what you have and lose little bits each time, go on with -that-.'

You say 'I don't want to mutate us, Surxys. I want to give this city wealth. The kind of wealth it had when Xebonn was Emperor.'

Nikyodi puts a hand on Surxys's shoulder, saying, 'But to get that... sometimes you to have to cast some light on others first.'