Age of Suffering - Learning of the Orb of Yaegar

Malchaeius

Most of this log was edited by Zhokril, I was able to find and insert some things that he did not have. I have a bad habbit of closing out my client before logging the buffer. This log has been edited for clarity, and some grammar has been touched up.

ACT I - THE SECRET ELVEN MEETING

Setting: Shasarzade

After the brief meeting with Palwen was cut short by a brutal assault, the High Guardian thought it best to pursue the attention of another Herald. His message was too important to be lost - but he faced another dilemma - saftey.

The High Guardian of Shasarazade tells Dilorry 'We have somewhere safe.. but for security reasons, you must be blindfolded.'

The High Guardian of Shasarazade tells Dilorry 'We cannot admit Palwen at the moment because she is being hunted.'

The High Guardian of Shasarazade tells Dilorry 'If you come to Shasarazade, I may be able to take you to the Princess.'

[ Dilorry travels to Sharazade to meet with the High Guardian, and current protector of the Princess of the Elven Nation. ]

Dilorry curtseys gracefully for The High Guardian of Shasarazade.

The High Guardian of Shasarazade says 'One moment.'

The High Guardian of Shasarazade gives a blindfold to Dilorry.

Dilorry stops using the High Guardian's facemask.

Dilorry wears a blindfold on her face.

Soft and eloquent, Dilorry says, ' I am ready when you are.'

The High Guardian of Shasarazade grabs Dilorry's hands with his own very rough and caloused hands.

Dilorry twitches slightly

You are led into a secret location, several twists and turns are taken along the way, guaranteeing that you could not remember how to get there even if you tried

A Hidden Location

You enter a hidden room. You are not sure how you entered, but you know

that you are still within the rubble of Shasarazade. This room seems to

have been used as a hiding place, as well as a strategy room.

[Exits: none]

(White Aura) The High Guardian of Shasarazade stands stoically before you.

(Translucent) (White Aura) Dilorry the Angel of Arcana is here.

Dilorry scans all around.

Dilorry nods.

Soft and eloquent, Dilorry says, ' I doubt anyone could find this place

Dilorry shivers uncomfortably.

The High Guardian of Shasarazade says 'The Princess will be here shortly.'

Dilorry nods.

The High Guardian of Shasarazade says 'Would you like something to eat?'

The High Guardian of Shasarazade says 'We have very little these days.'

The High Guardian of Shasarazade says 'But what little we have is yours.'

Soft and eloquent, Dilorry says, ' I did bring some rations with me, so I do thank you

Dilorry eats a small bag of elven quith-pa rations.

Dilorry eats a small bag of elven quith-pa rations.

The High Guardian of Shasarazade nods.

Dilorry drinks water from the barrel.

The Princess enters the room, taking the hood from over her head, revealing her tired visage.

Dilorry curtseys gracefully to Princess Orelinde.

Dilorry kneels respectfully before Princess Orelinde.

Soft and eloquent, Dilorry says, ' An honor dear Princess.'

Princess Orelinde smiles in a warm fashion, 'I am happy you were able to make it here safely.'

A Hidden Location

(White Aura) A resolute elven woman stands regally before you.

(Translucent) (White Aura) Dilorry the Angel of Arcana is here.

Soft and eloquent, Dilorry says, ' Several of us have been quite worried about you, dear Princess.'

Soft and eloquent, Dilorry says, ' It warms my heart to know you are well.'

The High Guardian of Shasarazade nods and moves to his position close to the entrance of the room. The old soldier does what he knows best - standing stoically, guarding what is precious to his people.

Princess Orelinde tilts her head to her left and brushes some hair from her face. She sighs, 'Some would say I ran.'

Soft and eloquent, Dilorry says, ' I always had faith in you, I waited, sure you would come, but I know you do what is best for our people.'

Soft and eloquent, Dilorry says, ' For all of Aabahran

Dilorry smooths a few wrinkles out of her Kimono

Princess Orelinde seems somewhat reassured by Dilorry's words, 'I pray to Yaegar that your faith in me shall be rewarded.'

Soft and eloquent, Dilorry says, ' Keep faith in yourself Princess and I am sure all our people shall be rewarded.'

Princess Orelinde motions to the chair on her right, and takes a seat herself, 'Please. Join me.'

Dilorry gets to her feet and says, 'That would be a pleasure.'

The thickness of the gloom suffocating the world seems to ease as the night is about to end.

The High Guardian of Shasarazade stands at attention, his face nearly granite in its impassiveness.

Dilorry walks with a grace over to the center of the room

Princess Orelinde says 'As the alignment of the Lunar Mistresses of Yaegar came and passed, I knew our plans were in jeopardy.'

The frigid air causes Princess Orelinde's breath to coalesce into fog.

Dilorry frowns.

Dilorry nods.

Dilorry takes a seat.

As Princes Orelinde speaks, the sheer pressure of her task is visible in the new tiny wrinkles that seemed to have formed on her cheeks since last you saw her. 'As the Rift opened, allowing access to this plane, we were alerted..'

Dilorry pats at her garment smoothing it with her hands

Princess Orelinde pauses and takes a deep breath, '.. Alerted that Shasarazade was being invaded again. This time by torments. It is my belief that the Demon knew we somehow held the key to putting an end to this.'

Princess Orelinde says 'I was to be the target.'

Sighing with relief, Dilorry says, 'Well, thankfully, he did not achieve that.

Princess Orelinde casts a side glance to the High Guardian, where a certain warmth is seen in her gaze, 'Indeed. We had planned for such. Thanks to the wisdom of the High Guardian and the magics of the Archmage.'

Soft and eloquent, Dilorry says, ' Yes, they serve above and beyond the call of duty.'

Princess Orelinde says 'The High Guardian's foresight led to several safehouses to be created throughout Aabahran. At a moments notice, I could be taken to any.'

Soft and eloquent, Dilorry says, ' A wise plan indeed.'

At the praise, the High Guardian tilts his chin up slightly and responds in his cold manner, 'I did my duty. That is all.'

Dilorry beams a smile at The High Guardian of Shasarazade.

Soft and eloquent, Dilorry says, ' I would expect you to say no less.'

Princess Orelinde cannot hide a smile but continues, 'I had time to do some research.'

Dilorry nods at Princess Orelinde.

Soft and eloquent, Dilorry says, ' What did you find?'

Princess Orelinde says 'Not much I am afraid. Our ancestors worked on prevention of this disaster.'

Soft and eloquent, Dilorry says, ' What advisement would you suggest in these dark times?'

Dilorry's protective shield dissipates.

ACT II - THE TIMEWRAITH SPEAKS

The group was at an impasse. No solution was clearly evident, and time was a precious commodity that was running out. Time must continue to flow - but it's Guardian is not so bound to its whim as are mortals. It is like they say, opportunity comes to those who are patient.

A Hidden Location

(White Aura) Dilorry the Angel of Arcana is here.

Flowing noiselessly into the safehouse, Zhokril forms spherically before you.

Dilorry stands to her feet

Princess Orelinde lifts her head in surprise.

Dilorry curtseys gracefully for you.

The High Guardian of Shasarazade whirls immediately in front of Princess Orelinde with his weapon drawn and ready for battle.

The High Guardian of Shasarazade says 'Intruder!'

The frigid air causes The High Guardian of Shasarazade's breath to coalesce into fog.

Emanating in a calm, but carrying voice, Zhokril replies, 'There will be no need for weapons, soldier.'

The High Guardian of Shasarazade says 'Oh? I will decide when there are no need for weapons. Who are you?!'

The frigid air causes The High Guardian of Shasarazade's breath to coalesce into fog.

Soft and eloquent, Dilorry says, ' That can be but one being, Zhokril himself.'

As if to make his point, the High Guardian twirls the blade in his hand expertly and narrows his eyes.

Princess Orelinde looks on from behind the protective guard of the High Guardian.

Zhokril pauses momentarily before replying, 'I am Zhokril.', as the blade begins to find its way back to its sheath, as if of its own will.

The High Guardian of Shasarazade struggles with his weapon, attempting to draw it once again, but with no success.

Zhokril emanates, 'Let us not waste time, loyal Guardian. You will find I have information of import.'

Soft and eloquent, Dilorry says, ' Please do let him continue.'

The High Guardian of Shasarazade leaves his weapon and takes another stance - one for hand to hand combat.

Dilorry beams a smile at Princess Orelinde.

Princess Orelinde places a hand on the High Guardian's shoulder, 'Information. We should hear him out.'

Dilorry puts her hand to her stomach for only a second

At the touch of the Princess, the High Guardian stands at attention, though still very much ready to move into action.

Princess Orelinde nods.

Princess Orelinde says 'To what do we owe this honor, your Lordship?'

Dilorry rummages through her sack

Zhokril says, 'These Rifts do not serve my end either. The immense energy they draw to sustain puts great stress upon the stream.'

Soft and eloquent, Dilorry says, ' Would there be some way to cut their connection to the stream and close up the portal?'

Dilorry boggles at the concept.

Soft and eloquent, Dilorry says, ' Do pardon the interuption...

Dilorry frowns.

Dilorry's hunger hits her.

The frigid breath of death and foreboding blows across Aabahran, subduing hope and chilling life in its path.

Princess Orelinde gives an enchanted piece of elven bread to Dilorry.

Dilorry thanks Princess Orelinde heartily.

Dilorry eats an enchanted piece of elven bread.

Zhokril revolves silently for a moment, 'I considered such as well, but the Stream is delicate, and to tamper with it is dangerous.'

Zhokril re-arranges to face the Princess, 'Do you remember...many years ago, the weapon crafted in Yaegar's name?'

Princess Orelinde finally comes from behind the protective guard of her protector returns Zhokril's gaze with one of disbelief.

Princess Orelinde stammers a bit, 'W-w-why Yes. But how could you..'

Princess Orelinde leaves her sentence unfinished.

A brilliant gilded orb weaves its way over Zhokril's front in answer.

The High Guardian of Shasarazade says 'What trickery is this? That weapon has been lost ever since..'

Dilorry widens her eyes in shock

The High Guardian of Shasarazade closes his mouth as well, his jaw hardening. Surely some troubled thought has crossed his mind.

Zhokril replies, 'Lost...perhaps. But not in the way one might think.'

Princess Orelinde whispers 'Ever since the Great Goblin-Elf War.'

The High Guardian of Shasarazade looks uncomfortable at the mention of that awful war from so many generations ago.

Dilorry frowns and puts her hand on her stomach

Zhokril emanates, 'The Elves would not have let such a weapon risk falling into the hands of the enemy, I do not think.'

Zhokril continues, 'No, my theory is that it was 'lost' intentionally. Hidden would be a more accurate description.'

Princess Orelinde looks away for a moment, potentially choosing her words carefully.

Soft and eloquent, Dilorry says, ' Hard to find something when the location has been intentionally forgot.'

Zhokril waits again, almost as if curious as to the Princess' reaction.

The High Guardian of Shasarazade growls, 'If you know of the Orb of Yaegar, then you know how terrible it can be. The kind of destruction it can cause if used improperly!'

Zhokril replies, 'Look where we are, Guardian. Destruction is upon you already.'

The High Guardian of Shasarazade gives an enchanted piece of elven bread to Dilorry.

Dilorry's hunger injures her.

Soft and eloquent, Dilorry says, ' Desperate times, call for desperate measures...'

Dilorry thanks The High Guardian of Shasarazade heartily.

Dilorry eats an enchanted piece of elven bread.

Zhokril continues, 'The torments wreak havoc upon these lands, the Demon Lord is far too strong to be battling his army directly.'

Princess Orelinde frowns as she adds, 'We do not know where the Orb is. It was lost to us during the war.'

Princess Orelinde looks at The High Guardian of Shasarazade.

Princess Orelinde says 'He was nearly killed in attempting to retrieve it.'

Dilorry frowns.

The High Guardian of Shasarazade arranges his face in that impassive look that he has made an art at this point.

Zhokril emanates in a calming manner, 'Guardian, you must remember the region to which you were travelling before the ambush?'

Zhokril fixes the venerable warrior with a questioning stare, 'You must speak if you know...your opportunities are near exhausted.'

The High Guardian of Shasarazade says 'South-East. Over the Dragon Teeth mountains. At the time before the existence of Rheydin.'

The High Guardian of Shasarazade speaks in a cold voice, 'All died save me. However it could have been moved ages ago.'

The High Guardian of Shasarazade says 'That tells us nothing. Unless you know where it is?'

Princess Orelinde's eyes widen slightly as she asks, 'TimeLord. Do you know where it is?'

Dilorry looks at Zhokril.

Zhokril replies, 'I have felt numerable pulls in the Stream from the island of the Exiled..it would take a great power to affect it.'

Soft and eloquent, Dilorry says, ' Currently Thorm of the Tribunal does dig there.'

Princess Orelinde says 'What would it be doing in such a foul location?'

Soft and eloquent, Dilorry says, ' Everytime they dig, by morning all their work is undone.'

Zhokril emanates, 'Such a foul location...the last place the Elves would hide something, no?'

Princess Orelinde shakes her head.

Princess Orelinde says 'We had nothing to do with its displacement.'

Zhokril says, 'That we likely cannot know for sure. But it would not be foolish to hide something in the most unlikely of locations.'

Princess Orelinde brings a hand to the side of her cheek, 'My.. it seems like such a long shot.'

Dilorry comforts Princess Orelinde.

Soft and eloquent, Dilorry says, ' It is one of the only obtions we have...'

Dilorry sighs.

Princess Orelinde says 'So it seems.'

The High Guardian of Shasarazade says 'The Orb could be very dangerous in the wrong hands. VERY dangerous.'

Soft and eloquent, Dilorry says, ' Who best to handle it then?'

Passing briefly over the comment, Zhokril replies, 'It could be. But you must see that it does not reach that wrong hands. I assume you know its operation?'

Princess Orelinde says 'All of the royal line are trained in its usage. Still, I will need to research our ancient texts.'

Muttering something to herself, Dilorry holds her stomach once more

Princess Orelinde says 'And that will take time.'

Princess Orelinde looks at The High Guardian of Shasarazade.

Princess Orelinde says 'We will need to monitor this excavation.'

Dilorry nods at the thought

The High Guardian of Shasarazade nods affirmatively and adds, 'Done, Your Highness.'

Zhokril says, 'Indeed. And, as the Guardian mentioned, this should not pass beyond the ears of those you trust.'

Zhokril says, 'Certainly not those sworn to the Demon.'

The High Guardian of Shasarazade says 'We will spare some of our builders to volunteer for this excavation and spy on the progress.'

Princess Orelinde nods.

Princess Orelinde says 'Dilorry, I will need you to relay a message of hope to these lands.'

Soft and eloquent, Dilorry says, ' Whatever you wish Princess.'

Princess Orelinde says 'Withold any mention of the Orb.'

Dilorry nods.

Princess Orelinde says 'Express to them that I did not run, cower, nor hide.'

Soft and eloquent, Dilorry says, ' Rest assured they shall know.'

Princess Orelinde says 'I attend to the duties of this research.'

Princess Orelinde says 'I will be in contact, and our meetings will be held in private. Surely our enemy will be watching our movement.'

Dilorry nods in enthusiastic agreement with Princess Orelinde.

Soft and eloquent, Dilorry says, ' I shall offer my aid to Thorm as well, learn what I can from that.'

The High Guardian of Shasarazade says 'Trust has become a precious commodity. The Demon has systematically stayed a step or two ahead of us at every turn.'

The High Guardian of Shasarazade says 'I am certain there is a traitor.. if not traitors.'

Zhokril emanates, 'I believe that is all for now. Should there be any success, I will elaborate more upon my plan. Until then, it is best to compartmentalize this theory, so to speak.'

Princess Orelinde shivers slightly at the thought, 'Thank you Time Lord. Though I must admit it disturbs me you are aware of such Elven secrets.'

Zhokril returns calmingly, 'Knowledge is a pursuit, only harmful if used wrongfully. I have no intention of such.'

That said, Zhokril releases his corporeal shape and flows out.

ACT III - THE PARTING

With the Time Lord having spoken, and a task set before them, the three decided that the must separate once again and attend to their respective duties: The Princess to her People, the Soldier to his Strategy, and the Scholar to bring News to a world who craves it.

A Hidden Location

Dilorry whispers aloud, 'An interesting being...'

The High Guardian of Shasarazade finally draws his blade, a look of utter frustration on his face.

Dilorry gives a look of shock as she realizes what she said

Dilorry looks at Princess Orelinde.

The High Guardian of Shasarazade swings the blade a couple of times in quick succession until he is satisfied that he has control of it again - and then promptly sheathes it.

Soft and eloquent, Dilorry says, ' I shall surely scribe that scroll as you have asked

Dilorry smiles happily.

Princess Orelinde puts on her traveling cloak once again as she nods her head. 'I thank you.'

Soft and eloquent, Dilorry says, ' Aabahran could use a bit of hopeful news

Dilorry thanks Princess Orelinde heartily.

Soft and eloquent, Dilorry says, ' Do stay safe.'

Princess Orelinde smiles at the High Guardian, 'Yes.. I have a feeling I shall.'

Dilorry smiles happily.

Dilorry looks at The High Guardian of Shasarazade.

A brave Elven knight of the Goblin Wars, the High Guardian was captured by

his foes and mutilated beyond recognition. Left for dead, he was rescued by

Yaegar, who gave him powers unimaginable in return for the knight's vow

to protect the City and the Duke to the best of his (significant) abilities

for the rest of his days. This the Elf gladly did, for he was of pure heart

and fair courage, and he has kept his vow ever since.

The High Guardian of Shasarazade is in excellent condition.

The High Guardian of Shasarazade is using:

(Magical) (Glowing) (Humming) the High Guardian's two handed sword

the High Guardian's facemask

You sense following auras:

Spell: sanctuary : permanently

Soft and eloquent, Dilorry says, ' Yes, I am sure you shall.'

Princess Orelinde leaves through the entrance, her steps are quite resolute. Her footsteps get fainter and fainter until they disappear completely.

The High Guardian of Shasarazade says 'In a moment, we shall lead you out.'

Dilorry wears a blindfold on her face.

Soft and eloquent, Dilorry says, ' Ready when you are.'

The High Guardian of Shasarazade says 'Once again. I beseech you to keep an open eye and urge Aabahran to do the same.'

Dilorry nods.

The High Guardian of Shasarazade says 'I fear there are traitors about.'

Dilorry shivers uncomfortably.

The High Guardian of Shasarazade grasps Dilorry's hands with his calloused hands.

Soft and eloquent, Dilorry says, ' I pray that if there are...we find them and deal with them so....

The frigid breath of death and foreboding blows across Aabahran, subduing hope and chilling life in its path.

Dilorry frowns.

You are once again led through the passages, and all of your senses are assaulted by different stimuli. After what seems to be a lengthy walk, you once again find yourself in the cold night air of Shasarazade.

Before the Altar of Zaar

You stand before a newly erected marble structure devoted to the

Minotaur prince Zaar. In an act of insult, the invading forces tore

down all of the imagery of Yaegar and built one of their own. Every

thing else within the temple has been left as is.

[Exits: south]

A pit of offering is here for mortals to store gifts for the gods.

Pallendio, the Priest of Yaegar, is here communing blessings to all.

Dilorry stops using a blindfold.

Dilorry wears the High Guardian's facemask on her face.

Dilorry curtseys gracefully to The High Guardian of Shasarazade.

The High Guardian of Shasarazade says 'Until next we meet.'

Soft and eloquent, Dilorry says, ' Do take care of yourself.'