First Taste of Freedom

Volgathras

• Implementor

Gruell exclaims, 'YOU!' then points directly at Onero's chest and says 'Get OUT!'.

'I figured you would want to see his progress' says the little dragon on Onero's arm.

Gruell says sternly, 'I won't tell you again' then points from Onero to the door.

The little dragon hops down from Onero's arm and crawls over to rest just before Gruell.

Turning back over his scaled shoulder, he says 'Sit Onero.

You sit down.

Satisfied with Onero, the little dragon turns his attention back to Gruell.

As the sun sets, the churchbells of the Temple of Darkness announce the onset of night.

The little dragon says, 'You don't have power over me. I do what I choose, with you or with Onero'

Gruell says 'I will call the guards and then we will see. I will have them throw both you and Onero to the Executioner'

The little dragon scoffs, 'Under what charges? These doors are open to all and YOU cannot close them' then takes a quick glance past Onero to the doorway.

Gruell grumbles and then says 'What do you want?' then looks past the dragon to Onero sitting quietly. Looking back to the dragon, he continues 'With me?'.

The little dragon replies 'Onero and I have been releasing the divine within him. I 'knew' you would want to inspect it'

Gruell looks again to Onero, then blinks a few times.

Gruell says looking to Onero 'Come over here' to which Onero doesn't move.

The little dragon chuckles, releasing a small gust of electric breath. 'Onero is mine to command, not yours'

Gruell furrows his brow, but then looks back to the dragon. 'Call your charge then' he says as he points to Onero.

The little dragon doesn't even turn to look at Onero and says 'Get up and get over here'.

Onero steadily walks over to Gruell and sits before him.

The little dragon says 'Did I tell you to sit? Idiot! Stand!' then lashes his tail towards Onero.

Onero dances out of the way of the strike, though wobbles on his bulky frame.

Onero stammers, 'S-sorry m-master'

The little dragon seems satisfied with Onero. 'Now sit down idiot and let this one look over you'

Onero stammers, 'Y-yes m-master'

Gruell replies 'Culled him nicely haven't you little.....what were you called again? I know he is Onero and you are?'

The little dragon offers no reply but to say 'Hurry up and study him' while glancing at Onero's back hungrily.

Gruell nods and takes a position just in front of Onero and raises his arms to Onero's head.

Closing his eyes, Gruell's brow furrows and he seems to be concentrating. Onero stirs slightly as if touched by something.

Gruell, not opening his eyes, says 'The divine in Onero has grown considerably.'

The little dragon wags its tail back and forth, baring his fangs at Onero's back.

Gruell continues, 'There is something missing' as he opens his eyes he says 'Do you know what it is Onero?'

At that, the little dragon snaps to attention and leaps across the distance to come to rest in Onero's lap.

Startled by the sudden touch, Onero teeters backward and rocks back onto his back.

Onero looks back to the dragon in his lap and says 'M-master?'

The little dragon's only reply is 'Continue Gruell. Onero will stay still' while offering a sharp glare back at Onero.

Onero quickly recovers himself, coming back to a seated position.

Gruell closes his eyes again in concentration, raising his hands to rest just beside Onero's head.

The little dragon takes a position on Onero's crossed arms.

Onero stammers, 'Hurry up already' (an OBVIOUS alias typo, but I worked with it)

'What did you say?' says the little dragon on Onero's arm.

Onero stammers, 'N-nothing m-master!'

'That is what I thought' says the little dragon on Onero's arm.

Gruell grimaces, distracted by the conversation between the dragon and Onero.

'Just hurry up already' says the little dragon on Onero's arm.

Gruell says 'I would if you two would just shut up' while bringing his hands closer to Onero's head.

Onero remains completely silent while the little dragon glares daggers into Gruell's scalp.

Gruell replies, 'There is much more than you or Onero know beneath the surface'

'Don't think I don't know what's there!' says the little dragon on Onero's arm.

Gruell replies with a smirk, 'You wouldn't say that if you knew all inside of him' as he withdraws his hands from Onero's head.

The little dragon seems disturbed, but tries to hide it from Gruell and Onero.

Gruell bursts into peals of laughter. 'Something you didn't know little one? Onero may become your master! And soon!'.

With that, the little dragon strikes his tail towards Gruell, sprawling Onero backwards with the force of the leap.

Gruell shuffles backwards, still in peals of laughter. 'Onero. Don't let this little thing rule you'.

Gruell continues, 'There is more power in you than you know. Your connection to yo....'God' goes deeper than he can see' as he scampers away from Onero and the little dragon.

Onero opens his eyes and stares blankly at Gruell.

The little dragon scampers quickly back to Onero, whispering 'Don't let this fool deceive you. He doesn't want you to be free from your curse'

Onero looks from the dragon to Gruell, then back to the dragon and replies 'Y-yes m-master' though without conviction this time.

The little dragon recoils on Onero's arm, again glaring daggers into Gruell.

'Eat now fool, and ignore this one. He served his purpose.' says the little dragon on Onero's arm.

Onero greedily stuffs his face, seeming to pause only to glance back to Gruell.

Gruell grins back from his corner in the room and says 'He's starting to learn little one. Soon your control will be none!' then smiles at Onero.

'He will NEVER master me' says the little dragon on Onero's arm.

Onero stammers, 'N-no m-master'

Gruell retorts, 'Give it time Onero. Give it time and you too will see'.

'Out of here. We've had enough of this fool!' says the little dragon on Onero's arm.

Onero stammers, 'Yes master'

At the clarity in Onero's voice, the little dragon pauses and then lashes him with his tail. 'Out I said!'

Onero barely winces at the lashing, but relents and walks steadily out of the halls.

(After being kicked out of the Rheydin halls, I decided to go and learn in Miruvhor but I lost the initial meeting due to buffer space)

The Guildmaster says, 'Welcome back Onero and......What do you wish to be called?'

You say 'He told me master'

The Guildmaster says, 'I believe I will call him, Mhadaren' with a smirk towards Onero.

The little dragon on Onero's arm winces slightly, though does not make another sound.

The Guildmaster points to a circle on the ground and says, 'I have been preparing for your return Onero'.

The little dragon writhes on Onero's arm, but still does not say a word.

The Guildmaster says 'Please, step into the circle and we will begin your next lesson' while eyeing the little dragon on Onero's arm with a wicked grin.

Onero stammers, 'Yes mas.....Guildmaster'

The Guildmaster nods at Onero with satisfaction.

Stepping into the circle, Onero looks at the dragon upon his arm.

The Guildmaster begins 'This lesson will be to teach you to protect yourself from incoming attacks. You must draw the power from the divine connection in you Onero'

A bright beam from the lighthouse sweeps across the dark city.

The Guildmaster continues 'In the beginning, you will find you cannot hold the power long. With practice, you will become a master of it' while directing Onero to close his eyes.

You are now learned at protective shield.

The Guildmaster finishes, 'When rocks are falling on your head, or beasts try to knock you down, call upon this prayer and the power' tapping Onero on the back.

You say 'Yes Guildmaster'

The Guildmaster says, 'You are coming along quite well Onero. I do not know why Gruell threw you out' while eyeing the little dragon contemptously.

Onero stammers, 'S...something about blood on the floor' and then lowers his eyes to the ground.

The Guildmaster says 'He always has been.....prissy' then continues 'I would like to attempt something Onero. Would you be willing?'

Onero stammers 'S..su...sure!'

The Guildmaster nods and then says 'You may wish to eat your fill first. I don't want you dying of starvation while we proceed' eyeing again the dragon on Onero's arm.

Onero stammers 'O...oh....O.K'

A magic apple suddenly appears.

You get a magic apple.

You eat a magic apple.

You are full.

A magical spring flows from the ground.

You drink water from a magical spring.

You are full.

Your thirst is quenched.

You fill a canteen with water from a magical spring.

Onero stuffs his face with the meal as if he had not eaten in years.

The Guildmaster says 'Feeling full Onero?'

Onero stammers, 'A...as full as my tiny stomach can hold'

The Guildmaster nods and then beckons Onero over to him 'Come over here and sit within this circle'.

Onero waddles over to the circle and plops himself square in the middle.

You rest.

Onero stammers, 'N....now what, guildmaster?'

The Guildmaster says 'Just sit back and relax. Try practicing what I taught you about the trance' as he begins to gather a few candles and place them around Onero.

Onero closes his eyes and begins begins humming quietly. After a few seconds, the humming stops.

The Guildmaster nods in satisfaction and says 'Feeling like speaking now?' to the dragon on Onero's arm.

'WHAT HAVE YOU DONE!?' says the little dragon on Onero's arm.

The Guildmaster says 'I told you I would not interfere with you and Onero. I also said I wanted to witness a few things'

The Guildmaster only wags his finger and replies 'If you were a simple dragon, you wouldn't have much to fear from me. Just remember what we both know' glancing at Onero only briefly.

The little dragon falls strangely quiet for a moment, then drops to the floor from Onero's arm and begins crawling out of the circle.

The Guildmaster again wags his finger, at which the dragon freezes in place, its forelegs twitching. Onero seems undisturbed.

The Guildmaster says 'Now, I'm no fool either little one. I warned you I 'prepared' for your arrivel when I greeted Onero'

Struggling against the invisible force that seems to bind him, the little dragon seethes with anger and malice, it's razor-sharp tail coming close to Onero's prone form.

Relenting its rage, the little dragon stiffens and assumes a sitting position and spits maliciously 'What do you want with Onero, human?

A chilly fog slinks over the city from the sea bringing with it the smell of brine.

The Guildmaster only replies 'With Onero or with You?'

At that remark, the little dragon backs away slowly from the edge of the circle and the Guildmaster towards Onero.

The Guildmaster approaches the circle and says 'You really do underestimate him. A pity Onero is stuck with such a low-ranked power'.

The little dragon rebutts 'I'm no lowly power! I was chosen to come! I was hand-picked for Onero!'

The Guildmaster replies calmly, 'I know exactly 'how' the picking goes little one. Whomever can overpower or coerce another into gaining whatever they desire is approved' while glancing again at Onero.

The little dragon backs up all the way to Onero, and rests upons the niche of his arm.

hisses vehemently, 'He's mine! Onero is all mine!'

The Guildmaster says quietly, 'He is. When he is done though, what use will Onero have for you?'

'I will become more' 'Far more' 'A greater' says the little dragon as he rises from Onero with pride.

The Guildmaster chuckles, 'And so you went through all this cursing, convincing, coercing for this? Onero will toss you aside when the time comes'

The little dragon rests again on Onero's arm.

'He will not' says the little dragon on Onero's arm.

The Guildmaster says, 'You don't sound convinced. Nor am I. Nor do I think even Onero is'

'He will waken soon' says the little dragon on Onero's arm.

The Guildmaster says 'We will continue this later little one' and then steps back from Onero and the circle.

Onero stirs slightly, his hands going to his belly and his face wrinkling in dscomfort.

You are thirsty.

Your thirst grazes you.

You are hungry.

Your hunger grazes you.

Opening his eyes and blinking a few times, Onero stammers 'I....I'm...I'm s'

You hear the distant cries of wheeling seagulls accompanied by the sound of breakers.

The Guildmaster finishes Onero's sentence, 'I know. You are starving. Rise and call the power into you. Eat, drink, and be full'

A magic berry suddenly appears.

You get a magic berry.

You eat a magic berry.

You are no longer hungry.

A magic apple suddenly appears.

You get a magic apple.

You are parched.

Your thirst hits you.

You eat a magic apple.

A magic mushroom suddenly appears.

You have become better at create food!

You get a magic mushroom.

You eat a magic mushroom.

You are full.

A magical spring flows from the ground.

You drink water from a magical spring.

You are full.

Your thirst is quenched.

The Guildmaster says, 'Come, stay here and talk with me a while Onero. I have some things to tell you' and winks at the little dragon who visibly flinches.

(Second little part put away. I died to hunger and thirst. Dying for the sake

of RP was not fun at first, but it became extremely important)

Gruell says sternly, 'I thought I threw you two ou...' and then pauses saying 'Where is your keeper Onero?'

Onero stammers, 'I-I'm free!'

Gruell seems taken back by that statement, unable to say anything to Onero for a moment.

As the sun rises, the churchbells of the Temple of Light announce the dawn of a new day.

Gruell finally replies, 'The gods....God is not likely to let you reject a gift Onero'.

Onero seems shaken by that statement.

Onero stammers, 'B-but he t-tormented m-me daily!'

Gruell says 'Still, 'God' showed up to you. He called you by name, and sent his messanger' while pointing to Onero.

Onero seems it utter shock as he replies, 'B-but he is d-dead!' then adds 'D-dead!'.

Gruell shakes his head sadly, only replying 'That does not mean another won't be sent' and then looks to Onero sadly continuing, 'And more likely the next will be, stronger'.

Onero says fervently, 'N-no! I w-won't be s-slave again!' then stomps his foot on the ground.

Onero stammers, 'T-they lied to m-me'

Onero stammers, 'I-I'm n-not c-cursed!'

Gruell says softly, 'Who said you were cursed dear Onero?' then adds, 'Was it the dragon?'

Onero stammers, 'N-no! W-when I took the c-cane, the statue s-said I would b-be cursed to f-forever g-grow thinner!'

Gruell says 'Is that what it said Onero?' then adds, 'Think hard on its exact words'.

Crystion tells you 'You are released from the dragon's grasp now, yes?'

Onero pauses a moment and reflects, his brow furrowing.

You tell someone 'I l-left h-his d-dead form on t-the ground.'

You tell someone 'I t-think I'm f-free but Gruell s-says something'

Crystion tells you 'Gruell?'

You tell someone 'T-the p-priest who saw G-God with m-me'

Crystion tells you 'I see.'

You tell someone 'Who s-said I had b-been given a gift and s-should l-learn f-from him.'

Onero stammers, 'It s-said t-that each d-day I w-would grow l-less. I s-should f-feast f-from now on'

Gruell states plainly, 'But it did not say on what to feast, or how you would grow less Onero' then shakes his head sadly.

Onero exclaims 'W-what d-does t-that mean!

Gruell sighs heavily and states flatly, 'You thought it food he spoke of, so you became a glutton Onero. Stuffing your face because your image of yourself was an illusion'.

Gruell points directly to Onero's belly, 'There is the proof. You were so blinded by fear that you couldn't see what you really were'.

Onero winces at that last remark, lowering his eyes and absentmindedly placing his hand on his stomach.

Gruell says 'And so, you opened the door. But what came to you was divine, Onero. Do not doubt it'.

Gruell states plainly, 'Only God can lead you. I cannot interfere. You understand this Onero?'.

Onero sighs heavily and replies, 'I unders-stand.

Gruell states, 'Return here when you gather your things. They should have returned to the sacrificial altar in Miruvhor. Come back when you are done with that Onero'.

Onero's eyes grow wide, his palour pale at the notion. 'B-but IT is t-there too!'

Gruell states, 'You yourself said it was dead. Bring me its dead body and we will study it together' while calmly placing a hand on Onero to calm him.

Onero shakes his head violently, 'I d-don't w-want to s-study it!

Gruell says, 'How are we to know your curse if we don't? Do not worry Onero, I will bind it as I did before'.

Onero stares blankly at the berry and then looks to Gruell.

Gruell states, 'You still have to eat Onero. Or you will die and this time you may not return as a ghost.'

Onero nods his head solemnly and this time takes small bites of the berry rather than swallowing it whole.

Gruell says, 'Go ahead now Onero. I will wait for you to return.'