A Stern Warning

Volgathras

• Implementor

You step out from your cover.

You bow deeply.

Jaspurr utters in a soft, matter-of-fact tone, ' greetings once again, good Soido.

Soido appears a bit startled and jumps nervously at Jaspurr's entrance.

Soido says to Jaspurr, 'RunAmok! Ya skeered me! Long way from that clumsy little kid I first taught how to hide in the woods!'

Jaspurr smiles weakly.

Soido says to Jaspurr, 'I heared you is a Blademasta of Warmasta now. I'm proud of yas.'

You nod.

Jaspurr utters in a soft, matter-of-fact tone, ' may I stay a while and chat? There's much to discuss.

An elderly halfling says 'Surely RunAmok. I's just been sittin' anyway.'

Jaspurr smiles weakly.

Jaspurr utters in a soft, matter-of-fact tone, ' You didn't look like you were headed far.

You chuckle politely.

An elderly halfling motions for you to sit.

Jaspurr sets up a few packs into a makeshift seat.

Jaspurr props up his large, hairy feet.

An elderly halfling says 'What's ye been wantin' to talk 'bouts hm?'

Jaspurr utters in a soft, matter-of-fact tone, ' You told me a while back about the Halflings of the Hamlet.

An elderly halfling nods.

Jaspurr utters in a soft, matter-of-fact tone, ' You said they were lazy and fat.

Jaspurr utters in a soft, matter-of-fact tone, ' I think you're half-right.

Jaspurr utters in a soft, matter-of-fact tone, ' Many are...

An elderly halfling lifts a furry brow. 'I'm all right, Runamok. What's ye seen in there I aint eh?'

Jaspurr smiles weakly.

Jaspurr utters in a soft, matter-of-fact tone, ' I see potential.

An elderly halfling snorts derisively.

Jaspurr utters in a soft, matter-of-fact tone, ' Hear me out, wise Soido.

Jaspurr utters in a soft, matter-of-fact tone, ' In the Hamlet, the children play...

Jaspurr utters in a soft, matter-of-fact tone, ' they are young, vibrant, and energetic.

Jaspurr utters in a soft, matter-of-fact tone, ' they do not sit around drinking or smoking like many.

Jaspurr utters in a soft, matter-of-fact tone, ' They can be taught.

Jaspurr utters in a soft, matter-of-fact tone, ' Like you taught me.

An elderly halfling rubs his distended bully thoughtfully.

An elderly halfling says 'An' whos gun' teach em, RunAmok?'

An elderly halfling says 'I'm old now. Kin' still pick up me fists, but children.. I's not got the energy anymore.'

Jaspurr utters in a soft, matter-of-fact tone, ' You might be a consultant, not a teacher.

Jaspurr utters in a soft, matter-of-fact tone, ' the Grandmaster of the Battleschool might teach them.

Jaspurr utters in a soft, matter-of-fact tone, ' You noted a while back that the school in the Hamlet is devoid of Hobbit students.

An elderly halfling chews his lip in contemplation.

An elderly halfling snorts derisively.

An elderly halfling says 'That elf?'

Jaspurr utters in a soft, matter-of-fact tone, ' Half-elf.

You shrug.

Jaspurr utters in a soft, matter-of-fact tone, ' I do not mean to assert Halfling superiority.

Jaspurr utters in a soft, matter-of-fact tone, ' only self-reliance.

Jaspurr utters in a soft, matter-of-fact tone, ' Think of it, Soido...

Jaspurr utters in a soft, matter-of-fact tone, ' Halflings who can stand up for themselves!

Jaspurr utters in a soft, matter-of-fact tone, ' without needing the guard, PAID gaurds, to protect them.

An elderly halfling says 'You think about it. How can we claim self-reliance when we's learnin from outsiders!'

You ponder the question.

Jaspurr smiles weakly.

Jaspurr utters in a soft, matter-of-fact tone, ' the source of the knowledge is not important, only the use of it afterwards.

Jaspurr utters in a soft, matter-of-fact tone, ' we cannot all be judged by our teachers.

Jaspurr utters in a soft, matter-of-fact tone, ' if that was the case, I'd be banished from Warmaster long ago.

You wink suggestively at an elderly halfling.

An elderly halfling shakes his head with a heavy sigh. 'Yer more enlightened than most yer kin, RunAmok, but yer also stupid.

An elderly halfling says 'Appearances are jus' as important as realities, you know.'

Jaspurr tightens his lips.

Jaspurr utters in a soft, matter-of-fact tone, ' You mean..how might it be perceived if someone who is not a Hobbit teaches Hobbits self-reliance?

An elderly halfling says 'You can say 'Oh we's stronger now!' all ye be wantin, but others'll just be say 'Aye, but WE taught ye.'"

'

Jaspurr takes in a deep breath and adjusts his body language on his makeshift seat.

You bite your lip contemplatively.

Jaspurr utters in a soft, matter-of-fact tone, ' You have always been a great and wise teacher, Soido.

You nod.

An elderly halfling leans forward to fix his former student with sharp eyes. 'Young Runamok, ye kin't be taking this from the hobbits, ye know. Ye want independance? Ye want self-reliance? We got's te be doin' this ourselves.'

You grin evilly.

Jaspurr utters in a soft, matter-of-fact tone, ' I shall have to conscript teachers.

An elderly halfling jabs a finger at you. 'Why dun' ye teach em?

Jaspurr dusts off his pants.

Jaspurr takes in a deep breath, 'Yes, I shall.'

Jaspurr utters in a soft, matter-of-fact tone, ' but not alone.

Jaspurr utters in a soft, matter-of-fact tone, ' I will call for all Hobbits who have left the Shire.

An elderly halfling says 'An' I'll be helpin' much as I's can.'

You nod.

Jaspurr utters in a soft, matter-of-fact tone, ' I shall convince them of this mission.

Jaspurr utters in a soft, matter-of-fact tone, ' and I will bring them on as teachers and guardians.

Jaspurr utters in a soft, matter-of-fact tone, ' They must be Halflings of the highest valor and foritude.

Jaspurr utters in a soft, matter-of-fact tone, ' Fighters and priests alike.

Jaspurr utters in a soft, matter-of-fact tone, ' They will have to be Lion-Hearted.

Jaspurr utters in a soft, matter-of-fact tone, ' Halflings of the Lion Heart.

Jaspurr utters in a soft, matter-of-fact tone, ' how does that sound to you?

An elderly halfling says 'Very good, RunAmok, very good.'

You nod.

Jaspurr utters in a soft, matter-of-fact tone, ' We have potential, wise Soido.

A mercenary guard walks in.

Well-armored and well-trained, this hired guard is a human. He is large

as humans go and looks to be very interested in earning his paycheck. His

face is a bit scarred and his blade a bit chipped, but he hasn't found any

reason care about either yet.

A mercenary guard is in excellent condition.

A mercenary guard says 'What's going on here?'

Jaspurr utters in a soft, matter-of-fact tone, ' a simple discussion, guard.

A mercenary guard looks at An elderly man.

A mercenary guard looks then toward you.

Jaspurr places his hand toward his sheath.

Jaspurr utters in a soft, matter-of-fact tone, ' We are having a private conversation.

A mercenary guard says 'Ah, it's you RunAmok. We've had reports you've been back, assaulting guards.'

Jaspurr utters in a soft, matter-of-fact tone, ' I would like you to leave.

Jaspurr smiles weakly.

Jaspurr utters in a soft, matter-of-fact tone, ' I prove only a point.

Jaspurr utters in a soft, matter-of-fact tone, ' Had I assaulted them, they would be dead.

Jaspurr utters in a soft, matter-of-fact tone, ' dead.

'No, instead you shot them with poisoned arrows. We still haven't woken them.'

A mercenary guard says 'A fate worse than death..'

Jaspurr utters in a soft, matter-of-fact tone, ' they chose their fate when they disrespected me.

An elderly halfling stands em, a glower deepening the lines of age on his face.

A mercenary guard says 'Oh? Is this the honorable warmaster? Assaulting anyone who disrespects you?'

Jaspurr smiles weakly.

A mercenary guard snorts derisively.

Jaspurr utters in a soft, matter-of-fact tone, ' Had that been the case, you would find yourself in a similar coma.

Jaspurr utters in a soft, matter-of-fact tone, ' Now.

Jaspurr utters in a soft, matter-of-fact tone, ' We are having a peaceful discussion.

Jaspurr utters in a soft, matter-of-fact tone, ' Should you care to change that, be my guest.

A mercenary guard says 'And you think you can do a better job than us eh? We put our lives on the line for your lazy, good-for-nothing people!'

Jaspurr utters in a soft, matter-of-fact tone, ' You see my point, Soido?

Jaspurr utters in a soft, matter-of-fact tone, ' You take Hobbit gold, and you SPIT on Hobbit ground.

Jaspurr utters in a soft, matter-of-fact tone, ' You haven't a place here.

An elderly halfling seems to be growing more and more red in the face, his hands clenched in white-knuckle fists.

Jaspurr looks toward Soido.

Jaspurr utters in a soft, matter-of-fact tone, ' I suggest you leave, guard.

A mercenary guard says 'You better be careful how you continue, halfling. Otherwise our captain will declare this town open insurrection. Then it's a whole new world of trouble.'

Jaspurr stands firm, keeping his eyes locked on the guard. He gives a slow nod.

A mercenary guard walks north.

Jaspurr removes his hand from the sheath.

An elderly halfling returns to his seated position, lapsing in to a thoughtful silence.

Lytholm looks well upon you and grants you knowledge.

Jaspurr utters in a soft, matter-of-fact tone, ' He is right in a way, Soido.

Jaspurr utters in a soft, matter-of-fact tone, ' I must be more discreet.

You thank an elderly halfling heartily.

Jaspurr utters in a soft, matter-of-fact tone, ' I shall think about what should be done next.

You bow before him.

• Implementor

A Lion on the High Bars

Above the Bar

[Exits: north down]

A halfling gymnast is hanging from the ceiling here.

Hanging in the center of the loft, this halfling is obviously enjoying

her inverted position. She easily swings to and fro, seemingly light as

air. She is the only one practicing here and the reason for that is not

immediately clear. Her very existence is a testament to the legendary

agility of the halfling race, but she doesn't seem to notice.

A halfling gymnast is in excellent condition.

a halfling gymnast is using:

The clouds disappear.

Jaspurr removes his cap and bows toward a halfling gymnast.

Jaspurr utters in a soft, matter-of-fact tone, ' Good evening, Madame. Why do you train so late?

A halfling gymnast responds to Jaspurr, 'I always train. Day, night, whenever. I love GYMNASTICS!!'

Jaspurr smiles weakly.

Jaspurr utters in a soft, matter-of-fact tone, ' my, my. You are quite enthuastic.

A halfling gymnast does an incredible double flip off the apparatus and lands squarely on her feet, not faulting an inch. She then nods enthuasitically at Jaspurr.

Jaspurr smiles weakly.

Jaspurr utters in a soft, matter-of-fact tone, ' and what is your name?

A halfling gymast responds in a high-pitched tone, 'Melindy.' She smiles and turns her back to Jaspurr heading back to the apparatus.

Jaspurr talks to her back: 'A pleasure to meet you, Melindy. I'm Jaspurr RunAmok.'

Melindy stops in her tracks, turns baruptly around and smiles WIDE at Jaspurr.

Melindy says, 'You're Jaspurr! My GOODNESS!'

Jaspurr smiles weakly.

Jaspurr utters in a soft, matter-of-fact tone, ' Yes, I am Jaspurr. May I watch you practice?

Melindy contemplates to herself and responds to Jaspurr, 'Ummmmm....OKAY! But can I ask you a question first?'

Jaspurr utters in a soft, matter-of-fact tone, ' of course, Melindy.

Melindy says to Jaspurr, 'Is it true that you're causing trouble around the Hamlet?'

Jaspurr utters in a soft, matter-of-fact tone, ' Trouble? Melindy, I mean no trouble.

You raise an eyebrow at the notion.

Melindy quickly asserts to Jaspurr, 'Because some of the guards are talking, and now the whole Hamlet knows that you knocked two of the out with your arrows.'

Jaspurr utters in a soft, matter-of-fact tone, ' Yes, I did, Madame.

Jaspurr utters in a soft, matter-of-fact tone, ' You see, they were disrespecting me.

Jaspurr utters in a soft, matter-of-fact tone, ' They taunted me and confessed to only guard this place for the money.

A halfling villager walks in.

Jaspurr utters in a soft, matter-of-fact tone, ' They proclaimed to not care about the Hamlet or it's people.

Jaspurr smiles weakly.

You smile at her.

You say 'Hello, Madame. I was just speaking with Melindy here about...'

The halfling villager cuts Jaspurr off, 'I know what you're speaking about. You're causing trouble!'

The villager points her finger and raises her voice at Jaspurr. 'Oh, yes, you are! And you had better stop! You better not disturb our peaceful little Hamlet!'

Jaspurr utters in a soft, matter-of-fact tone, ' peaceful, Madame? Not long ago, Orc raiders came and set several buildings ablaze. You know that!

Jaspurr utters in a soft, matter-of-fact tone, ' Luckily my brother in arms Yazrak, the crusader Shufei, and I were here to help quell the raid.

Jaspurr utters in a soft, matter-of-fact tone, ' Had we not, the place would have been entirely ablaze!

Jaspurr utters in a soft, matter-of-fact tone, ' Then, I convinced the person in charge of the raids not to send them again.

Jaspurr utters in a soft, matter-of-fact tone, ' that may work for a while, but more trouble will come to the Hamlet.

Jaspurr utters in a soft, matter-of-fact tone, ' and it will not come from me.

Jaspurr utters in a soft, matter-of-fact tone, ' It shall stem from being patrolled by Knight troops.

Jaspurr utters in a soft, matter-of-fact tone, ' It shall stem from an herb-based economy.

Jaspurr utters in a soft, matter-of-fact tone, ' And when the trouble comes, who still stop it?

Melindy goes back to the apparatus, still looking over every few seconds. The village responds to Jaspurr, 'Why, the guards of course!'

Jaspurr utters in a soft, matter-of-fact tone, ' The same guards I put to sleep within moments of battle?

A halfling villager walks down.

A Rowdy Bar

[Exits: west up]

A halfling is here, a local member of this village.

A thirsty stone giant is here, sipping a large keg.

A gruff dwarf is here, looking for a drinking game.

A pretty young bartender swiftly serves her customers here.

Jaspurr utters in a soft, matter-of-fact tone, ' this conversation is not over, madame.

Jaspurr utters in a soft, matter-of-fact tone, ' The same guards that allowed builings here to BURN in the face of Orc raiders?

Jaspurr utters in a soft, matter-of-fact tone, ' The guard here is not enough.

Jaspurr utters in a soft, matter-of-fact tone, ' how can they protect the Hamlet when they do not care for the Hamlet?

A Halfling villager turns and says to Jaspurr, 'You had better stop causing trouble! I'm done!'

You snort derisively.

*Back to Melindy*

Jaspurr utters in a soft, matter-of-fact tone, ' I apologize about that Melindy. About the guards I had put to sleep. They needed to be taught a lesson.

Jaspurr utters in a soft, matter-of-fact tone, ' Now, may I watch you practice.

Soft chimes from the belltower announce sunrise over the sleepy hamlet.

Melindy nods slowly to Jaspurr and begins to do an amazing routine. She includes all manner of somersaults, handsprings, flips, andtwists.

Jaspurr smiles weakly.

Jaspurr utters in a soft, matter-of-fact tone, ' how impressive.

Jaspurr utters in a soft, matter-of-fact tone, ' you have quite the talent. You have a gift.

Melindy looks a bit put off by Jaspurr's last comment. 'Ummmm...a GIFT?! A gift is given to you. I worked for my skills; they weren't GIVEN to me!'

Jaspurr smiles weakly.

Jaspurr utters in a soft, matter-of-fact tone, ' Indeed, Madame.

Jaspurr utters in a soft, matter-of-fact tone, ' Tell me...

Jaspurr utters in a soft, matter-of-fact tone, ' Might you ever be interested in using your hard-earned abilities in other ways?

Melindy raises an eyebrow to Jaspurr. 'Like what?'

Jaspurr utters in a soft, matter-of-fact tone, ' Perhaps defense?

Jaspurr utters in a soft, matter-of-fact tone, ' You never know when you might have to defend yourself.

Melindy thinks for a moment and responds to Jaspurr, 'Ummmm....yeah! I mean, the guards aren't too great. Look how easy you knocked them out!'

Jaspurr smiles weakly.

Jaspurr utters in a soft, matter-of-fact tone, ' That's what I wanted to hear, Melindy. I go for now, but might I visit again later?

Melindy responds to Jaspurr, 'Ummm...of course! You know where I'll be. Right HERE practicing more!'

Jaspurr smiles weakly.

Jaspurr Melindy waves and returns to the apparatus resuming her amazing display of gymnastics.

Melindy waves to Jaspurr and returns to the apparatus resuming her amazing display of gymnastics.

You wave.

You tell your group 'What a spirit she has.'

You tell your group 'She never backed down, and was not afraid to ask me a direct question.'

You tell your group 'Her agility and strength is amazing as well.'

You tell your group 'And she has unmatched dedication.'

You tell your group 'Clearly, this Melindy has the Heart of a Lion.'

You tell your group 'That villager on the other hand did not welcome me whatso ever. It will be very, very difficult to convince these Halflings to defend themselves, rather than to rely on mercenaries.'

You tell your group 'I must also be careful not to be too loud too fast.'

You tell your group 'If that hired guard was correct, and the Captain does decide to abandon the Hamlet, the people will be in danger.'

You tell your group 'It will not be an issue if I first search far and wide and assemble a fine group of Lionhearted Halflings to protect the Hamlet while we train a militia.'

You tell your group 'Then I shall make a grand speech to convince them to support this cause.'

You tell your group 'Speech may not be enough.'

You tell your group 'If only they could touch a Spear of Courage.'

You tell your group 'If only they could touch Katapangan the Spear of the Lionheart. I pray the gods find me worthy to have it once more.'

You tell your group 'Now to assemble the Halflings of the Lionheart!'

• Implementor

A Lion Joins the Pride

You nod.

Jaspurr utters in a soft, matter-of-fact tone, ' tell me, why have you ventured off?

You can kill Barenwick naked and weaponless.

Barenwick looks just as disinterested as you.

Barenwick is about the same size as you.

Barenwick says 'From the Hamlet?'

You nod.

Jaspurr places his packs on the ground and creates a makeshift seat.

Barenwick says 'I grew restless of the day to day tasks. As well as seeing a good deal of combat that sparked my interest.'

Barenwick says 'Then I sought out my current guildmaster and begain my training.'

Jaspurr utters in a soft, matter-of-fact tone, ' then you are not afraid to fight?

Barenwick says 'No, I quite enjoy it.'

Jaspurr smiles weakly.

Jaspurr utters in a soft, matter-of-fact tone, ' Good.

Jaspurr utters in a soft, matter-of-fact tone, ' It shall be necessary for what is to come.

Jaspurr utters in a soft, matter-of-fact tone, ' Have you noticed the mercenary guard at the Hamlet?

Barenwick says 'I have, they pay little attention to what goes on.'

Jaspurr utters in a soft, matter-of-fact tone, ' very little.

Barenwick says 'The shopkeepers seem to be assaulted regularly.'

You nod.

Jaspurr utters in a soft, matter-of-fact tone, ' quite.

Jaspurr utters in a soft, matter-of-fact tone, ' damaging to the economy.

Jaspurr utters in a soft, matter-of-fact tone, ' Also...

Jaspurr utters in a soft, matter-of-fact tone, ' It is because they do not have our interests at heart.

Jaspurr utters in a soft, matter-of-fact tone, ' they are interested in getting paid.

Jaspurr utters in a soft, matter-of-fact tone, ' that is it.

Barenwick says 'I believe you are correct.'

You nod.

Jaspurr utters in a soft, matter-of-fact tone, ' I put two of them that guard the entrance within moments of battle.

Jaspurr utters in a soft, matter-of-fact tone, ' Only after they admitted they do not care for the Hamlet, but for gold instead.

Barenwick says 'You have an idea in mind to remove them?'

Jaspurr utters in a soft, matter-of-fact tone, ' Aye, I do.

Jaspurr utters in a soft, matter-of-fact tone, ' should they leave now, the Hamlet would be subject to all manner of raids.

Barenwick listens with great interest.

You nod.

Jaspurr utters in a soft, matter-of-fact tone, ' Listen carefully...

Jaspurr utters in a soft, matter-of-fact tone, ' this is the aim of what we shall do.

Jaspurr utters in a soft, matter-of-fact tone, ' As a people we have been content to spend our days days smoking, dancing, laughing, eating. This is what we do.

You chuckle politely.

Jaspurr utters in a soft, matter-of-fact tone, ' but there is a problem with this.

Jaspurr utters in a soft, matter-of-fact tone, ' for in our enjoyment, we have become atrophic.

Jaspurr utters in a soft, matter-of-fact tone, ' we have become too lazy, too soft.

Barenwick says 'Too much of the pipeweed does tend to cause that.'

Jaspurr utters in a soft, matter-of-fact tone, ' far too much.

Jaspurr utters in a soft, matter-of-fact tone, ' and now we require mercenary guards.

Jaspurr utters in a soft, matter-of-fact tone, ' those who do not care for us.

Jaspurr utters in a soft, matter-of-fact tone, ' There are other forces at work as well.

Barenwick says 'Oh?'

You nod.

Jaspurr utters in a soft, matter-of-fact tone, ' The Imperitrix.

Barenwick says 'I am not familiar with what you speak of.'

Barenwick shivers uncomfortably.

Jaspurr removes a blanket embroidered with a proud lion out of his pack.

Jaspurr utters in a soft, matter-of-fact tone, ' come, I fear our voices will carry in the canyon.

*Walking to Smash’s Manor*

Smash's Room

[Exits: south]

A gigantic four poster bed is resting here, overstuffed with goose down.

Jaspurr utters in a soft, matter-of-fact tone, ' the room of a legendary Warmaster.

Barenwick says 'That is one big bed.'

Jaspurr utters in a soft, matter-of-fact tone, ' our words will be muffled here.

Smash's Room

You stand amid the largest room in the household. Towering pillars meet the

ceiling here, and all are hand carved from whitestone. Large trophy mounts of

wild animals adorn the walls, and the floors are decorated with hides of all

sorts of wildlife. Lions, tigers, antelope, deer, elk. There is a gigantic

four poster bed resting against the back wall, and a great picture window

to the south overlooks the Grand Chasm, and the valley.

[Exits: (south)]

A gigantic four poster bed is resting here, overstuffed with goose down.

(Charmed) A savage Alsatian bares its teeth and growls menacingly.

Barenwick is here, sitting astride a white charger.

(Charmed) A large, menacing wyvern perches here.

(Charmed) A displacer beast snarls here.

You nod.

Jaspurr makes another makeshift seat in the corner.

Jaspurr utters in a soft, matter-of-fact tone, ' Where'd we leave off?

Barenwick says 'You mentioned something about an Imperiterix?'

Barenwick says 'That may not be quite right.'

Jaspurr utters in a soft, matter-of-fact tone, ' ahh, yes, she who watches over the Tribunal Empire from the Heavens.

You get cryo rations from a sturdy backpack.

You give cryo rations to Barenwick.

Barenwick's hunger grazes him.

Barenwick says 'Thank you. I left the hamlet a bit unprepared.'

Barenwick eats cryo rations.

You nod.

Jaspurr utters in a soft, matter-of-fact tone, ' a lesson learned.

Jaspurr utters in a soft, matter-of-fact tone, ' She knows about this...rebellion, if you will.

Jaspurr utters in a soft, matter-of-fact tone, ' and she means to extend Val Miran's walls to incorporate the Hamlet.

Barenwick says 'Hmm..'

Jaspurr utters in a soft, matter-of-fact tone, ' aye.

Jaspurr utters in a soft, matter-of-fact tone, ' if we do not pay her mercenary guard, she will take from the Economy in other ways

Jaspurr utters in a soft, matter-of-fact tone, ' primarily, a hostile takeover.

Barenwick says 'So them tribunals would have authority over the Hamlet?'

Jaspurr utters in a soft, matter-of-fact tone, ' aye. Including...

Jaspurr utters in a soft, matter-of-fact tone, ' Oppressant.

Barenwick says 'That just won't do.'

Barenwick says 'I was completely unware this was taking place.'

You nod.

Jaspurr utters in a soft, matter-of-fact tone, ' now you are.

Jaspurr furrows his brow and looks at Barenwick with a serious look.

Jaspurr utters in a soft, matter-of-fact tone, ' This is what we shall do.

Jaspurr utters in a soft, matter-of-fact tone, ' we MUST resist!

Barenwick says 'I fear what would become of our home.'

Jaspurr utters in a soft, matter-of-fact tone, ' We would lose our culture.

Jaspurr utters in a soft, matter-of-fact tone, ' our ability to set our own laws.

Barenwick says 'Our freedom!'

Jaspurr utters in a soft, matter-of-fact tone, ' would be gone.

Jaspurr utters in a soft, matter-of-fact tone, ' we would be absorbed.

Jaspurr utters in a soft, matter-of-fact tone, ' so you understand the nature of this situation.

Barenwick says 'That I do. I see why you are spreading the word.'

Jaspurr utters in a soft, matter-of-fact tone, ' This is what we shall do to resist.

Jaspurr utters in a soft, matter-of-fact tone, ' for now, we must remain quiet.

Jaspurr utters in a soft, matter-of-fact tone, ' speak only with Hobbits regarding this situation.

Barenwick nods.

Jaspurr utters in a soft, matter-of-fact tone, ' We must conscript as many strong-willed Hobbits as possible.

Jaspurr utters in a soft, matter-of-fact tone, ' like you for instance.

Jaspurr utters in a soft, matter-of-fact tone, ' You are to gain as much power within your guild as possible.

Barenwick says 'Understood.'

You nod.

Jaspurr utters in a soft, matter-of-fact tone, ' Then, under dark of night, within secret...

Jaspurr utters in a soft, matter-of-fact tone, ' you are to spread the word to the Hobbits of the Hamlet.

Jaspurr utters in a soft, matter-of-fact tone, ' we shall assemble a type of Militia.

Jaspurr utters in a soft, matter-of-fact tone, ' already, there are several within.

Jaspurr utters in a soft, matter-of-fact tone, ' they are already aware and are willing to fight.

Barenwick says 'Ahh, good to hear. The forces are building then?'

Jaspurr utters in a soft, matter-of-fact tone, ' But we are too small in number as of now.

Jaspurr utters in a soft, matter-of-fact tone, ' we shall need to train the children and the villagers.

Jaspurr utters in a soft, matter-of-fact tone, ' this shall be done in secret.

Barenwick says 'Which shall prove difficult with the guards roaming about.'

Jaspurr utters in a soft, matter-of-fact tone, ' We must utilize secrecy.

Barenwick nods.

Jaspurr utters in a soft, matter-of-fact tone, ' do so in private homes, under dark of night, within the woods.

Jaspurr utters in a soft, matter-of-fact tone, ' however necessary.

Jaspurr utters in a soft, matter-of-fact tone, ' we must protect our freedoms and our culture, remember.

Jaspurr utters in a soft, matter-of-fact tone, ' our very sovereignty is at stake!

Barenwick says 'I will do as you say and seek out others that would be willing to stand against the intruders.'

You nod.

Jaspurr utters in a soft, matter-of-fact tone, ' there is more.

Barenwick grimaces painfully at the thought.

Jaspurr utters in a soft, matter-of-fact tone, ' once our forces have been conscripted and trained...

Jaspurr utters in a soft, matter-of-fact tone, ' in matters both army and navy.

Jaspurr utters in a soft, matter-of-fact tone, ' then...

Jaspurr utters in a soft, matter-of-fact tone, ' we shall release the mercenary guard.

Jaspurr utters in a soft, matter-of-fact tone, ' refusing to pay for further services.

Barenwick nods.

Jaspurr utters in a soft, matter-of-fact tone, ' From there...

Jaspurr utters in a soft, matter-of-fact tone, ' they will alert the Empire.

Barenwick says 'Undoubtedly.'

Jaspurr utters in a soft, matter-of-fact tone, ' My assumption is she will bring the full force of the Blood Guard.

Jaspurr utters in a soft, matter-of-fact tone, ' Including Commisar Grum.

Jaspurr utters in a soft, matter-of-fact tone, ' and Oppressant.

Jaspurr utters in a soft, matter-of-fact tone, ' the Demonic Tyrant.

Barenwick says 'Would the Watchers not join the battle as well?'

Barenwick says 'I would think they would revel in the battle.'

Jaspurr utters in a soft, matter-of-fact tone, ' that is just it.

Jaspurr utters in a soft, matter-of-fact tone, ' they may.

Jaspurr utters in a soft, matter-of-fact tone, ' Sartach has already agreed.

Jaspurr utters in a soft, matter-of-fact tone, ' however.

Jaspurr utters in a soft, matter-of-fact tone, ' For this rebellion to matter...

Jaspurr utters in a soft, matter-of-fact tone, ' it must be led, fought, and won by Hobbits.

Barenwick says 'Yes, of course. I do not want to be indebted to the Watchers.'

Jaspurr utters in a soft, matter-of-fact tone, ' indeed.

Jaspurr utters in a soft, matter-of-fact tone, ' plus...

Jaspurr utters in a soft, matter-of-fact tone, ' it is time we elevate our people beyond lives of indulgence.

Jaspurr utters in a soft, matter-of-fact tone, ' we must be SELF-RELIANT!

Jaspurr utters in a soft, matter-of-fact tone, ' if we are not, this can happen again.

Barenwick says 'Agreed, there is much we have to offer and much of it goes to waste.'

You nod.

Jaspurr utters in a soft, matter-of-fact tone, ' One of two things will happen...

Jaspurr utters in a soft, matter-of-fact tone, ' we will win and assert our sovereignty, sending the Empire back with its tail between its legs.

Jaspurr utters in a soft, matter-of-fact tone, ' Our people will be elevated and ruptured with the spirit of self-reliance and honor.

Jaspurr utters in a soft, matter-of-fact tone, ' or...

Jaspurr utters in a soft, matter-of-fact tone, ' we lose.

Jaspurr utters in a soft, matter-of-fact tone, ' and if we do.

Jaspurr utters in a soft, matter-of-fact tone, ' we lose everything.

Jaspurr looks down in dismay at his last words.

Barenwick says 'So much at stake.'

Your description is:

The diminutive demihuman before you stands no taller

than the length of a grown man's leg - a true Halfling.

A dingy mop-head of strained, intertwining hair follicles

sits atop his crown. The hair is black, save for a few

specks of dirt, leaves, and other woodland debris. Any

facial features are virtually indiscernible between his thick

layers of fleshy fat and the haphazard markings of various

shades of green, black, brown, and grey that streak and

swirl chaotically across his stoic countenance. Against his

face paint his black eyes are lost, although the sporadic

motion of his sclera resembles small pearl-shaded

boomerangs flickering about a starless night's sky.

His clothes are simple: a tattered brown cloak so big it

appears to swallow him whole; a sand-shaded tunic of

rough chambray fabric, and drab olive knickers that extend

just below his bulging kneecaps and are frayed as if they

were cutoffs. He wears no ornate accessories, but hanging

loosely off his right wrist is a rudimentary bracelet. A fang

of some variety functions as the clasp, catching the looped

end of the intertwined leather and hemp band. The charm

is an intricately and skillfully carved piece of ivory that

depicts in great detail the stoic face of a proud lion. The

only color on the charm is a vivid sienna that marks the

lion's exaggeratedly large mane.

Barenwick says 'When do you believe the Empire will try to assert control?'

Jaspurr utters in a soft, matter-of-fact tone, ' only once we release the guard.

Jaspurr utters in a soft, matter-of-fact tone, ' until then, they enjoy the gold.

Jaspurr utters in a soft, matter-of-fact tone, ' Then you are in?

Barenwick says 'Absolutely, I could not turn my back on my home...EVER.'

Jaspurr smiles weakly.

Barenwick nods.

Jaspurr utters in a soft, matter-of-fact tone, ' you are indeed a Hobbit of the Lion Heart.

Jaspurr reaches into his breast pocket and pulls out a bracelet.

Jaspurr utters in a soft, matter-of-fact tone, ' look at me carefully. Look for my bracelet.

Jaspurr extends his wrists.

Barenwick looks at you.

Jaspurr utters in a soft, matter-of-fact tone, ' you are to wear one as well, to assert your membership of the Hobbits of the Lionheart.

Barenwick says 'Yes, I see it.'

Jaspurr utters in a soft, matter-of-fact tone, ' it can be as ornate or as simple as you like.

Jaspurr utters in a soft, matter-of-fact tone, ' it is yours to customize.

Barenwick nods.

Barenwick says 'I will sit and carve one immediately.'

Jaspurr hands Barenwick a bracelet with a blank piece of ivory in the shape of a Lion's head.

Jaspurr utters in a soft, matter-of-fact tone, ' the situation is grave. The Empire will bring Hell.

Jaspurr utters in a soft, matter-of-fact tone, ' You may have to die for this cause.

Jaspurr utters in a soft, matter-of-fact tone, ' but first, you must live for it.

Barenwick nods.

Barenwick says 'I understand what is at stake.'

Jaspurr utters in a soft, matter-of-fact tone, ' if you are ready, slip it on.

Barenwick looks proudly at the bracelet before slipping it on his wrist.

You nod.

Barenwick adjusts the bracelet snuggly about his wrist.

You nod.

Jaspurr utters in a soft, matter-of-fact tone, ' go, grow in power and teach the commoners of the Hamlet.

Barenwick bows before you.

Jaspurr utters in a soft, matter-of-fact tone, ' Remember. Within the Law for now, out of the Eyes of the Empire.

Barenwick nods.

Barenwick says 'I will control myself for the time being.'

You raise your hand in salute to Barenwick.

Bio Barenwick:

Born at: 1am, Firstday the 11th of Nature (Spring) 1185 PC.

Aged : 44 (Right-handed) (Addict)

Face: Round Eyes : Blue Facial-Hair: Clean

Hair: Short Color: Light brown Texture: Messy

Body: Wirey Skin : Tan

Description:

Messy strands of light brown hair fall about his head, coming to rest

just above his ears. Rosy cheeks, a bulbous nose and round head are typical

for one of his race. Bushy brows arch above a pair of light blue eyes.

Though he has no facial hair, there are small tufts growing from each ear in

addition to smaller hairs protruding from his nostrils. The sickly sweet

smell of herbs emanate from his breath.

A soft tanned leather hauberk covers his torso. Despite his diminutive

size, his wiry arms and legs are indicative of one well trained in combat.

Bare shoulders and forearms reveal a number of small scars. A small

bracelet is tied to his right wrist with a woven leather strap. Imbeded

within the bracelet is the claw of a raven clasping a white stone. The

stone has been intricately carved into the shape of a proud lion.

His midsection and upper thighs are protected with a blackened light

ringmail. A variety of bladed weaponry is tucked beneath a thick leather

belt. Longer blades hang from scabbards on each hip.