The Battle for the Heart of a Demon

Volgathras

• Implementor

*Peras was busy slaughtering children and their mothers, just minding his own business, when he was contacted by someone with whom he had never before spoken.*

Saphritael tells you 'Mm, the Bride of Depravity...'

*Peras, though having never met this mysterious stranger, had at least heard of her. He was confused as to why she would contact him, though.*

You tell Saphritael 'Yes?'

Saphritael tells you 'It seems your husband has put you into a bad position...'

*Peras did not like the sound of that. So far he'd managed to avoid the negative consequences of his new found reputation, but he feared that would soon come to and end.*

You tell Saphritael 'Why's that?'

You tell Saphritael 'How, rather.'

Saphritael tells you 'He gave you what is mine.'

You tell Saphritael 'You desire to marry my Master?'

*"Why would a Vampire, a servant of the Dark Lady, if that's what this creature really is, desire to marry my Master?" Peras thought to himself.*

Saphritael tells you 'Perhaps I do wish that. Even if I did how can I now if you have?'

You tell Saphritael 'I know little of the desires of my Master. Perhaps if you proposition Him, you may also be His bride.'

Saphritael tells you 'I shall not share!'

*Peras was not surprised by this, but he was still confused as to why anyone would wish to marry a Demon Lord, let alone this being.*

You tell Saphritael 'As you wish. It is not up to me, however. I wonder, though, why you would wish to be His bride. It is not a glamorous position.'

Saphritael tells you 'Do you understand what position this puts me in, dear?'

You tell Saphritael 'I do not believe you understand the position this puts me in, honestly.'

*It certainly wasn't a good one.*

Saphritael tells you 'Of that you are correct, dear. However, you have just become in a worst position.'

You tell Saphritael 'You would see me dead, I'm sure, but I believe there are ways around that.'

*Perhaps the being could be reasoned with. Peras did not know, but he would certainly try.*

You tell Saphritael 'If you were to kill me, that would put you in a poor position, I would think.'

Saphritael tells you 'Denounce this marriage or you will suffer.'

You tell Saphritael 'If I denounce it, I will suffer, and you will still be in no better position. We'd need to plan this more carefully.'

Saphritael tells you 'I have only one plan.'

*Why was she not listening to reason? Peras needed another plan of attack.*

You tell Saphritael 'You are a Vampire, no?'

*This was told to Peras by another, so why should he not believe it to be true? He could at least use this opportunity to find out.*

Saphritael tells you 'Oh dear...'

You tell Saphritael 'Am I incorrect?'

Saphritael tells you 'Why must you ask me such foul questions?'

You tell Saphritael 'It is a rumor I have heard, and one, if true, would make this whole ordeal much easier.'

*Or at least he hoped.*

Saphritael tells you 'Do tell why you feel that.'

You tell Saphritael 'If you are such, you are immortal.'

Saphritael tells you 'Do you attempt to flatter me to save your own skin?'

You tell Saphritael 'Why would I flatter you? Mind, I do very much appreciate the workings of the Dark Lady, but I do not attempt to flatter you, no.'

You tell Saphritael 'Rather, if you are a Vampire and immortal, there is time for us to plan.'

Saphritael tells you 'Plan what? You have stolen what is mine!'

*Perhaps he could simply shift the blame.*

You tell Saphritael 'I did not steal it, love. I was not given a choice in the matter. If anyone stole it, it was my Master.'

Saphritael tells you 'You will suffer for your master's mistakes. Do not attempt to sway this judgement'

*Or perhaps not.*

You tell Saphritael 'Yes, sure, you can make me suffer and gain disfavour in my Master's eyes, or you could work with me, and we could both get what we desire.'

Saphritael tells you 'I care little for the whims of the demon immortal when he marries another, do you not understand that? You are a stain in time that simply needs to be erased.'

You tell Saphritael 'You do not wish to marry Him, then?'

*This must have been the wrong thing to say, because soon Saphritael arrived, and Peras shortly found himself at an altar, cold and naked. Quickly, the conversation continued.*

Saphritael tells you 'Do tell your husband of this, I beg you.'

You tell Saphritael 'You beg of me?'

*"Why would she beg?" thought Peras.*

Saphritael tells you 'Mmm.'

You tell Saphritael 'Why should either of us beg the other?'

You tell Saphritael 'Here we are, with a misunderstanding, and all you wish to do is attempt to destroy me and beg.'

Saphritael tells you 'Dear..'

You tell Saphritael 'Yes?'

Saphritael tells you 'Why do you want to upset me?'

You tell Saphritael 'I do not, love. I merely wish to speak with you in a civil manner, rather than trading threats and attempting murder.'

*"Surely the vampire could be civil", he thought, "they are noble beings with grand plans and infinite patience."*

Saphritael tells you 'I have nothing more to say, I feel my message is written.'

*Maybe not.*

You tell Saphritael 'You are powerful, yes, and you make a good point that you are capable of murdering me when I am not in my environment, but killing me is not going to gain you anything. If, however, we could sit down and plan this...'

You tell Saphritael 'Then we could actually gain you what you desire.'

You tell Saphritael 'You are clearly wise enough to realize that is the better plan. Why do you seek to continue this first one?'

Saphritael tells you 'Dear I have no desire to plan anything with you. You are my enemy. I have satisfied my palate for now. Why do you tempt my blade further?'

*No, she was simply being too stubborn. Peras knew he needed to cooperate.*

You tell Saphritael 'And if I were to somehow succesfully denounce this marriage? Then what? I admire you, but if we are simply to remain enemies, then I see no incentive to cooperate.'

Saphritael tells you 'If you denounce this marriage, you will never hear from me again.'

You tell Saphritael 'That is not to my liking either. I would work with you, if possible, or for you.'

*Perhaps this was a foolish thing to suggest, but it certainly got the stranger's attention.*

Saphritael tells you 'Perhaps time will tell if I allow you any part of my design.'

You tell Saphritael 'Very well. How much time am I allowed to obtain this divorce?'

Saphritael tells you 'I will give you time dear. It would please me more than you know to hear of its ending quickly, but I am patient.'

*Ah, so she was a vampire, or at least she seemed like one.*

You tell Saphritael 'I will need to find a way to enact it, you understand. Master has absolute control and will not simply allow me to end it with a word.'

Saphritael tells you 'You seem competent enough. I am sure you will find a way.'

You tell Saphritael 'Very well. I will keep you updated on its progress.'

You say 'If that's even what I decide.'

*Or perhaps he would just pretend to cooperate. Only Peras knew what his motives were, and he would do everything in his power to make sure it stayed that way.*

Saphritael tells you 'I like the sound of that.'

Saphritael tells you 'Perhaps you will prove useful.'

*At that, the being departed, leaving Peras alone with his thoughts. He was not certain exactly how he would go about his next actions, but he was certain of one thing. The plot thickened.*