Character Age

Twinblades713

Does anybody really pay attention to character age? I feel this should be changed. Even in these times, it's stupid to consider that a human could live for over 100 years and be able to fight reliably. Even though this is FL, that's not even the extreme example. I've seen humans (my own at times) over 300 years old. And no one hardly pays attention. If you act like you're twenty, in FL, you're basically twenty, despite your score sheet saying you're 437. I mean we practically ignore it anyway, couldn't there be a way to specify your age by yourself? I dunno, thoughts? This wasn't a fully developed idea, just kind of annoys me sometimes.

Behrens once implemented a change that characters after such and such an age would lose permanent points in strength and wisdom. It was a pain in the *** and made humans much less attractive than they already are as anything less than qrace/classes.

It's just one of those things that has to be suspended and chalked up as you're so near to godly as a level 50 that your physicality is no longer affected by time.....excuse me, I need to go look over some of my physics books...I'm getting crazy ideas again....

I enjoy paying a lot of attention to my age when I'm playing a very long-lived race like an elf or especially an illithid... I try to always keep in mind that my character is hundreds or thousands of years old, and should by this point have a very established personality, worldview, and motivations for behavior.

If humans are regularly getting up into ages of 300 or so, then I see that as a reason to revamp a bit the rules we use for a character's aging... make it take longer for your character to age a year, etc. Regardless, you can still already RP yourself as basically whatever age you like... the only thing that'll really contradict it is a tiny little corner of the bio sheet.

I never think age is properly RP'ed' date=' usually its just mentioned by elves and drow who want to try and claim they are better than you icly because they are old.[/quote']

Gotta agree here, I can only remember one person rping their age. Was a human back in 2.0, think he was a warrior but he rp'd himself straining and walking slowly.

You know, this makes me want to roll a human paladin and get Alzheimer's or something of that nature. Join Knight and do some crazy stuff since I'm an old coger and out of my mind. Or I could be a Human cleric and be the old guy from Family Guy! Oh the possibilities...

My Paladin

My Cleric

Archived