Tinnutiro-"Papa, how are lyres made?" "Magic."

Raargant

Introduction:

Once again, this is solo RP. Tinnutiro has begun to open himself up, despite the wry arguments that frequently happen between him and Gnarus. In the direction that this went, it opened up even more potential in the abilities of the character as a whole, as well as more options for me, the player. I hope readers find this enjoyable and, as always, I welcome feedback. Thank you.

--Tinnutiro

,.;'`',,.;'`',,.;'`',,.;'`',,.;'`',,.;'`',,.;'`',, .;'`',,.;'`',,.;'`',,.;'`',,.;'`',,.;'`',,.;'`',,. ;'`',,.;'`',,.;'`',,.;'`',,.;'`',,.;'`',,.;'`',,.; '`',,.;'`',,.;'`',,.;'`',,.;'`',,.;'`',,.;'`',,.;' `',

Before the Altar of Yaegar

You stand before a large marble structure, devoted to the Elven God,

Yaegar, the patron God of Shasarazade. Though many claim there never

was a God named Yaegar, the Elves of this city don't seem to care. The

structure rises over a hundred feet, and is intricately carved with the

famous Elven murals of battle.

[Exits: south down]

A pit of offering is here for mortals to store gifts for the gods.

Pallendio, the Priest of Yaegar, is here communing blessings to all.

There are 2 new news articles waiting.

You have 10 new notes waiting.

[WARMASTER] controlled. Players near you:

Tinnutiro Before the Altar of Yaegar

A messenger hands you a scroll marked "note"

[ 29N] Hermes: Eshaine has approved your Restring Application for Grey.

Your race is now: Gelf

[Academy](Inductee) Guarya: 'Hello.'

Tinnutiro inhales deeply, and says, 'Gnarus... I beseech you, teach me... teach me everything about the occult my mother charged you with.'

[Academy](Member) Grintar: 'Greetings.'

[Academy](Inductee) Tinnutiro: 'Good afternoon.'

[Academy](Trusted) Dulanain: 'Greetings.'

[Academy](Member) Nyoboe: 'Hail.'

[Academy](Trusted) Dulanain: 'Any questions please feel free to ask.'

Tinnutiro's violet eyes contract, casting his gaze to the ground, as if admitting shame.

[Academy](Inductee) Aerik: 'Hello'

A globe of light flickers.

Irumeru has judged your look worthy and grants you a blessing.

You permamently gain some hitpoints, mana and movement!

You have been enlighted with 2000 experience!

You raise a level!! You gain: 13/38 hit points, 11/166 mana, 13/118 move, and 3 practices.

You say 'In order to go beyond, and return, I must know the secrets. I must make the leap past The Chariot. The mask of my ego cannot control me for ever...'

Tinnutiro touches the brim of his hat, tucking it on his head further. Gnarus is silent (his mouth zipped).

Hesitantly, Tinnutiro reaches up at his hat upon his head. He carefully unzips Gnarus's mouth, allowing him to speak.

Tinnutiro's pointed hat says, 'Aha...! I knew you would come around. You can't make a god of logic and expect it to explain everything.'

Tinnutiro's pointed hat says, 'You need an intrument, don't you? We'll fashion a lyre for you and your poetry, using an advanced magic technique.'

[ 2 Gelf Bar] (Academy ) Tinnutiro Rilynnrretyn the Jester

There are 33 characters on, the most on since startup was 46.

The title of Master Questor of Aabahran is currently held by Tessa.

Tinnutiro nods, as much as in obedience as in agreement.

Tinnutiro's pointed hat says, 'Find a quiet place where we can perform the magic. You already have the tools of the Magician.'

[Travelling to somewhere peaceful...]

The Unicorn Glade

You have entered the sanctum of the Unicorns of of Shasarazade, close friends

and allies of the Elves of Shasarazade. However, despite their benevolent

nature, the Unicorns dislike intruders, especially armed and aggressive ones,

and will not hesitate to use extreme force to evict these intruders. In

addition, to protect these creatures, the Elven sorceror Tuo has placed

powerful enchantments on this place that prevent magical attacks on the

unicorns.

[Exits: west]

Tinnutiro's pointed hat says, 'Hmm... this seems fine.'

Tinnutiro's pointed hat says, 'We must make sure Arthur is not affected by our workings...'

The night is about to end.

[Academy](Inductee) Tinnutiro: 'I have a favour to ask, if anyone would help.'

You drop an oaken table.

[Academy](Member) Nyoboe: 'That depends on the favor, now doesn't it?'

[Academy](Inductee) Tinnutiro: 'I need someone to take charge of my salamander, Arthur, for now... I am performing something, and do not wish for him to be affected.'

The day has begun.

[Academy](Member) Nyoboe: 'I see, well, I cannot assist yeh there.'

The sun rises in the east.

[Academy](Member) Grintar: 'I am on a hunt also.'

You say 'Seems no one can watch him.'

Tinnutiro's pointed hat says, 'Set him on the altar at the temple... the gods will watch him.'

The Unicorn Glade

unicorns.

An elaborately carved oaken table is here.

You get an oaken table.

[Travelling to the nearest temple.]

Tinnutiro approaches the altar, and extends his arm. Arthur crawls out onto his hand, and allows himself to be set down.

You say 'Cause no trouble, my friend.'

Tinnutiro's salamander burps, a small smoky cloud escaping from his mouth.

[back to the glade.]

The Unicorn Glade

unicorns.

You drop an oaken table.

Tinnutiro sets out a few items on the table: a wand, a sword, a chalice, and a small pentacle. He also places his deck of Tarot cards aside.

Tinnutiro's pointed hat says, 'Listen well Tinnutiro, because I'll only tell you the steps once.'

You say 'Very well.'

Tinnutiro's pointed hat says, 'Take the wand in your receptive hand... that is, the hand that is NOT your dominant.'

The night has begun.

[Notice that this begins at nightfall--a strange coincidence.]

Tinnutiro reaches out with his right hand, and grasps the wand with it.

Tinnutiro's pointed hat says, 'Good. Now, raise it in the air, straightening your arm above your head.'

Taking a deep breath, Tinnutiro raises the wand above his head as instructed. He exhales slowly, on instinct.

Tinnutiro's pointed hat says, 'This is where the important things start...'

Gnarus glows an humming indigo. The Tarot cards, like a chain or a river, lift off of the table and surround the floor about Tinnutiro in a circle.

Tinnutiro's pointed hat says, 'Close your eyes and imagine your energy running through the circle of cards. Breathe and hold in the rule of fours.'

Tinnutiro nods, and slowly closes his eyes. He inhales, inwardly counting to four, and holds it. After four seconds, he exhales to the count of four, and holds it for four seconds.

The Fool begins to glow a soft violet. Slowly, the violet light circles and reaches all of the other cards, creating a ring of violet energy about Tinnutiro.

Tinnutiro's pointed hat says, 'Good, good... now, keeping your focus, recall the number zero of The Fool. Not being a number, it can therefore contain all numbers within itself...'

Gnarus continues to explain to Tinnutiro, '... this stands for infinite potential. The Fool can be combined with any of the cards to give a leap.'

As if connected, the cards lift up off of the ground in two lines, beginning a slow spiral. The image is that of the double helix, or the sign of infinity, revolving about Tinnutiro.

Tinnutiro's pointed hat exclaims, 'Perfect!'

Tinnutiro's pointed hat says, 'Now with the wand, open yourself and receive the energy of the Universe, and--'

Without waiting for instruction, a bolt of energy streaks out and connects to Tinnutiro's wand. The blue and violet of his aura charge with a vibrant white.

Tinnutiro begins to shake uncontrollably, his brow beading with sweat. The energy almost seems unbearable as it fills him.

Tinnutiro's pointed hat exclaims, 'Fool! Do not jump so carelessly ahead! Hurry and direct it into the chalice before it drives you mad!'

Quickly, Tinnutiro grasps the chalice with his left hand. The chalice becomes instantly charged as he does so. The release seems to calm him.

Tinnutiro's pointed hat says, 'That was close... the Magician must know that he is only a channel to energy. Attempting to contain it without release will only lead to confusion and madness. Remember it well...'

The day has begun.

Tinnutiro's pointed hat says, 'Ahem. Now that the energy is channelled into the chalice, give the impulse of your creation feeling. The creative spark, combined with the energy of your emotions, will be the fuel.'

The chalice glows a blindingly bright white, as if acknowledging Tinnutiro's thought, and acting upon it.

Tinnutiro's pointed hat says, 'Channel the energy into the sword. The surge of energy now needs a logical process of thought in order to be created.'

Tinnutiro's pointed hat says, 'Plan out how the lyre is to be made, and the goal of the musical art, and all art. Visualise, Tinnutiro, and watch within your mind's eye.'

The white energy flows out from the cup, and bathes the sword. Indigo and violet suddenly dominate Tinnutiro's aura.

Tinnutiro's pointed hat says, 'Here is the last step, and is always most crucial. It is where the idea and energy manifests into the physical world. I cannot fully explain it, but you must use the energy of the pentacles...'

Gnarus continues, '... and bring the lyre into the conscious world, out from the unconscious, and the super-conscious. This is how all art creates, Tinnutiro.'

The sky is getting cloudy.

A fine line of energy pushes out from the tip of the sword. It pierces the circle of the pentacle, and divides into two, circling and meeting on the other side of it. There's a strain on Tinnutiro's face.

Tinnutiro's pointed hat exclaims, 'Good, good!'

Tinnutiro's pointed hat says, 'Feel your labour, throw yourself into it. Fashion your art into perfection.'

Before Tinnutiro, the outline of a lyre appears, beginning with one line, forming many others. The 'sketch' solidifies into silver. Strings appear, reaching down and connecting at the base.

At its completion, the lyre settles on the three-legged table. The energy suddenly retracts from all the tools, and out of Tinnutiro. He collapses, as do the spiralling cards encircling him.

You go to sleep.

{Two hours pass.}

You wake and stand up.

The sun slowly disappears in the west.

Tinnutiro awakens. His eyes reflect a blurry vision, and a look of confusion.

The night has begun.

Tinnutiro's pointed hat says, 'Oh? You shouldn't retract the energy so quickly.'

Tinnutiro's pointed hat says, 'You're supposed to give thanks, and slowly withdraw, so as to show gratitude, and NOT be shocked by the sudden loss of current.'

The clouds disappear.

Tinnutiro's pointed hat says, 'Really, so careless... however, I commend you. The fruits of your labour are on the table.'

Carefully, Tinnutiro rises to his feet. He gains leverage by holding onto the table, and simply stares at the lyre before him.

Tinnutiro's pointed hat says, 'Go ahead and take it, ha. You are a Magician now.'

Tinnutiro takes the lyre into his hands. 'Ho?' he asks dubiously. 'Now, with a lyre, I become a musician,' he says.

The sky is getting cloudy.

Tinnutiro plucks a single note from the lyre. Magically, a coloured note is spawned from the string. It hangs in the air until the note fades.

Tinnutiro's pointed hat exclaims, 'Incredible! You planned that!?'

Tinnutiro's pointed hat says, 'It's far surpassed my expectations... excellent.'

The day has begun.

Tinnutiro scoffs quietly.

You say 'You haven't seen the best of it, Gnarus.'

Tinnutiro quietly receives the tools of his ritual, setting them in a bag.

You get an oaken table.

Tinnutiro's pointed hat says, 'I don't know if I should be proud of you, or afraid...'

The clouds disappear.

Tinnutiro frowns, and zips Gnarus's mouth closed. The hat grunts and protests, however it is only muffled.

[back to the altar to retrive Arthur.]

Pallendio, the Priest of Yaegar utters the words 'judicandus eugzagz'.

Tinnutiro reaches out toward the altar, and commands flatly, 'Come, Arthur.'

The salamander leaps onto Tinnutiro's hand, and crawls to his normal place on the shoulder.

[Fade to black.]