Garacci's Sundering

Volgathras

• Implementor

This is a log from a long time ago around the time of Eril the Herald. This is one of the logs that inspired the major change of events leading to Garacci changing from a Reaper to a Shade.

Here it is...

You project to Volgathras 'Greetings, Demon Lord.'

[Volgathras] 'Greetings, vampire bat.'

[Volgathras] 'Is there something the reaper wished of me? You might find it hard to collect my soul. Or souls, as it were.'

You project to Volgathras 'Your souls I do not wish to claim. They are not mine to do so.'

[Volgathras] 'True, puppet, that is indeed so. Though, whose to say whose soul belongs to who, in this land? The helpless things are oft ripe for the taking.'

You project to Volgathras 'Well said'

The seams of reality part, and from the hellish depths of the Rift Volgathras breaches the barrier.

As the waves of heat and ash clear, the Demon Prince hunches within the relatively tight confines of the Syndicate headquarters.

Apothecary

Entering this small shop you are confronted by a nasty smell seeping from

the back. You cannot tell what this smell because of large curtains

blocking the back part of the shop but you instantly assume it is a potion

of sorts. Lining the shelves of the shop are small glasses full of herbs,

body parts, dusts, and excretions. Behind the main counter is a dark

skinned man who looks at you and patiently await you to choose what you

need.

[Exits: west]

An emaciated demons hunches before you, dripping filth.

(White Aura) Elendruib the Black Druid mixes a suspicious potion.

Garacci adjusts his form and shrinks in size.

The creature's coal-black eyes sway hither and non, taking in it's most current locale.

Respectfully, Garacci takes a single knee before you broadcasting, 'Hail Demon Lord.'

You revert back to your natural form.

'There was a time,' the Prince says, it's voice rippling through your mind, 'When me and mine were most welcome here.'

You broadcast 'You will always be welcome, Demon Lord.'

You project to Volgathras 'Would you wish your Dark Generals free entry into our Headquarters again?'

[Volgathras] 'A moment, puppet. I see the hunger in your eyes, and I wouldn't want your own beast to intrude upon our conversation.'

Volgathras' form BURSTS in to flames, leaving naught but ash and a lingering wave of heat in its wake.

You project to Volgathras 'I will curb my own hunger.'

The seams of reality part, and from the hellish depths of the Rift Volgathras breaches the barrier.

With it's return, the beast makes a quick 'incision' in to the reality of the stones beneath your feet; the action causes it to gush forth blood like a wound.

Volgathras drops the Blood Fountain.

[Volgathras] 'Nonesense. I'm a guest it your home. Allow me to accomodate.'

Garacci looks forward, pleased with the result.

You broadcast 'You are most gracious, to a Reaper.'

A wave of it's clawed appendage, and the shadows surrounding the pair congeal to allow for a semi-solid foundation, upon which the Prince seats himself.

[Volgathras] 'You serve my purposes as well as you do your master's.'

Volgathras shrugs a spiney shoulder, 'Whence the reaper treads, chaos surely follows.

Garacci's cowl ruffles as he bows his head ever so slightly, 'You are gracious indeed. I pray my work has pleased you.'

You project to Volgathras 'Do you recall how I became a Collector, Prince?'

'So long and inbalance exists, the changeable nature of the world we reside in,' Volgathras hums, 'Then I am pleased.'

[Volgathras] 'I do not, puppet. Your life has been long, in the eyes of these mortal realms, but a small thing with what we more powerful beasts must consider.'

You project to Volgathras 'As expected. I have long remained outside the eyes and interest of mortals and immortals alike.'

You project to Volgathras 'You yourself placed me upon the black book of the Cartel.'

You project to Volgathras 'I was once a member of your Clan.'

You project to Volgathras 'Self-sen as an Envoy for the Fortress, when it was overflowing with Dark Generals.'

'This I do recall,' the oozing beast assures with a sagely nod.

[Volgathras] 'I also remember my Archfiend was less than pleased with your decision.'

You project to Volgathras 'I have not forgotten my roots.'

You project to Volgathras 'To leave?'

[Volgathras] 'A vampire has not graced the Dark Fortress in some time; to lead our armies in to the fray, gouts of blood in his wake... that would bring us some prestige.'

Without a stir of sound, or a ruffle of its adumbral robes, Garacci silently glides towards the Blood Fountain.

Garacci pauses briefly, as some blood stain seeps into the fringe of his robes and...disappears.

You drink blood from the Blood Fountain.

You project to Volgathras 'You are correct.'

You project to Volgathras 'But At the time, none seemed interested in such an idea.'

You project to Volgathras 'I am meant to build, to perform, to serve. I will find the niche where I am most of use.'

[Volgathras] 'You appear to have found a fine coven, then, reaper.'

You project to Volgathras 'My benefit to you has not been satisfied.'

You project to Volgathras 'What is your opinion on the pact--now broken--with the Firm?'

You project to Volgathras 'Have you a thought, or do you not worry yourself with such matters.'

A grin touches the edge of the beast's maw, and a rivulet of black slime is permitted to escape.

[Volgathras] 'I pay attention to the political dealings of my soldiers. There is great promise for discord in politics.'

You project to Volgathras 'I concur.'

[Volgathras] 'As to this most recent series of events..'

Volgathras pauses in thought for a moment, before proceeding; 'The Family has long been allies of my warriors. But I wholly understand the search for greener pastures, as it were.

[Volgathras] 'If it a decision your house and mine deicde to abide by, I bear you no ill will.'

[Volgathras] 'Though that is me - how my soldiers will react is their own matter.'

'Micro-managing isn't one of my favored past-times, unless there's a definite result I wish to see completed,' the Beast concludes.

You project to Volgathras 'My debt is to you. How your soldiers behave...is of little consequence to me.'

You project to Volgathras 'Death passes through, and comes with renewed life. It is the Grand Design of all Aabahran.'

[Volgathras] 'And how is it you seek to erase this debt you feel you've accrued, vampire?'

[Volgathras] 'You serve many masters already.'

You project to Volgathras 'It seems my lot.'

You project to Volgathras 'Your greatest love is Chaos. You agree?'

Volgathras rolls it's shoulders, appearing to have become uncomfortable with it's size and the locale.

Garacci glances about himself casually broadcasting, “Would you prefer a more...familiar circumstance?”

A 'BURST' of flame consumes the hellish creature, devouring it in to the abyss. What remains is a very different sort of monster.

Darkness consumes Volgathras as it joins the ranks of the undead.

You project to Volgathras 'If you are uncomfortabe.'

You project to Volgathras 'I will go where you require.'

[Volgathras] 'No need, puppet. I can adapt.'

Garacci bows his head quickly in acknowledgement, 'Of course.'

Volgathras clasps his pallid hands, now free from the claws that once adorned them, at the small of his back.

You project to Volgathras 'You love Chaos above all else, no?'

You project to Volgathras 'It suits the surroundings.'

Volgathras motions for you to join him at a nearby table, wordlessly taking the front and settling himself with his back to counter.

You project to Volgathras 'You are somewhat familiar with my abilities as a Reaper? My connection with the planes of the Patterns of Aabahran?'

'It is how I make my living, and those of my followers,' the Prince returns. 'As for how you and yours work... I know it well enough, though your personal philosophy isn't something I've studied in depth.

Garacci begins to move obediently, then pauses briefly, 'At your leave, I will sit.'

Volgathras clicks his tongue in feigned impciance. 'Come, Garacci,' the Prince says, using the rare honor of employing your true name. 'We are having a fine conversation.'

[Volgathras] 'It's so rare to have one, of late.'

[Volgathras] '..and rare enough when I'm lucid enough to do so.'

Volgathras chuckles politely.

Without a sound, Garacci glides across the room, ruffling the large curtains to one side. A rank stench seeps from the back.

Garacci carefully settles himself on an overstuffed chair next to the nearby table.

You project to Volgathras 'It is only recently I have begun to tap my true powers as a Reaper.'

You project to Volgathras 'But even so, I am only a Reaper.'

You project to Volgathras 'I am capable of mending and controlling a thread or two, or a personal pattern at a time.'

The Prince nods in silence, pale fingers tented before his face as those infinitely black orbs follow you.

In a strange change of tone, Garacci seems sidetracked, 'Chaos is only as good as its polar opposites can afford.'

You project to Volgathras 'What I seek, is the enlightment of the masses.'

[Volgathras] 'Hmn. An interesting theory.'

You project to Volgathras 'Chaos is not chaos without a reference point.'

You project to Volgathras 'Chaos is not chaos without a reference point.'

[Volgathras] 'Pricisely so, Garacci. A fine point that few seem to grasp.'

[Volgathras] 'But there is no finite field. No numerical quantification for which order and chaos can be filled.'

[Volgathras] 'It is infinite, and forever. The trick is in the balance of the two.'

You project to Volgathras 'For anything to exist, all the Patterns must remain intact. Those of Life, Death, and the patterns of Nercuros, Dyphrites, and Lysenties must keep their proper form.'

You project to Volgathras 'It is simple enough to allow mortals the indiscretion of blind zealotry...even that so misguided.'

You project to Volgathras 'Because they are temporary, and their overzeal can do not real harm.'

Volgathras lazily casts one leg over the other as you proceed, nodding periodically.

You project to Volgathras 'But with enough indoctrination..with enough...blindness, damage can be done by even the mere mortals.'

You project to Volgathras 'This, is what I have been sent to avoid.'

You project to Volgathras 'As a mortal, I contributed my own fair share, seeking to circumvent death itself, for my Beloved wife, and in the end, a route out for myself.'

You project to Volgathras 'Perhaps in its mercy, or its malice, the Cycle of Death and Life rejected me. Denying me the peace of death.'

'Assuming there's some sentience to it at all,' Volgathras points out.

You project to Volgathras 'Indeed.'

You project to Volgathras 'A point missed by...nearly all.'

You project to Volgathras 'I now tread lightly, and with the utmost respect.'

You project to Volgathras 'Do you believe yourself the most powerful creature in all the multiverse?'

A polite chuckle escapes the prince's lips.

[Volgathras] 'No, reaper. Far, far from it.'

You project to Volgathras 'Though you have great, nearly unimaginable power.'

[Volgathras] 'To you I do, certainly, but the multiverse is... large, to put it blandly.'

You project to Volgathras 'Even the Dark Seamstress, Anume. '

You project to Volgathras 'The Dark Queen she is often called.'

You project to Volgathras 'A title all too fitting.'

'Yes,' the Prince muses, noding at the name. 'We call her something different, where I am from. She, too, is widely known and feared.'

With barely discernible amusement, Garacci cocks his head to one side, 'Who controls the Queen on the Chessboard?'

Garacci seems to broadcast half to himself, 'Do the pieces move themselves in the game of strategy?'

Volgathras fixes you with his dark eyes searchingly. 'Chess is both an appropriate analogy, and it is not, when you try to take in the whole picture, puppet.'

You stop using some chainmail gauntlets adorned with an emblem of Gear.

Carefully Garacci begins to clench his hands slowly.

Garacci's hands slowly fade out of existence.

[Volgathras] 'The game is very different, when you've grown past the amatuer levels we play here.'

Garacci slowly spreads his hands in acknowledgement.

You project to Volgathras 'Your point is well made.'

[Volgathras] 'But you're dancing around the issue, Garacci...'

[Volgathras] 'What is it you wish to accomplish, really?'

You project to Volgathras 'The sentience of the Patterns.'

You project to Volgathras 'They are not without understanding.'

You project to Volgathras 'Even above the Dark Queen, there is the Creator, the Grand Master of the board.'

You project to Volgathras 'The Designer of the Grand Patterns. There is not two. I work to maintain those patterns.'

You project to Volgathras 'But mortals here are in such a state of turmoil, they are nearly incapable of grasping anything greater than what they see before their eyes.'

Garacci broadcasts with surprising intensity, 'I wish to open them wide.'

You project to Volgathras 'Some minds will accept, many will shatter.'

You project to Volgathras 'None will be capable of denying.'

You project to Volgathras 'You, Demon Lord, have access into the Nexus, and its multi-verse'

You project to Volgathras 'As I spoke, I can control a thread or two, or an individual's pattern, but I do not possess the power to open the way for the Prime to be seen by the masses.'

You project to Volgathras 'The Prime, where all the Grand Designs coalesce to create the harmony, and chaos of existence.'

You project to Volgathras 'I believe you may possess sufficient power for such an endeavor.'

Garacci lifts his chin a little higher as he broadcasts with a seductive tone, 'I am not wrong, am I?'

After a long moment, Volgathras grunts.

[Volgathras] 'This Prime...'

[Volgathras] 'Have youk nown it?'

[Volgathras] 'Have you experienced it? Seen it?'

Seemingly non-chalant, Garacci slowly stirs an ethereal finger through the Blood Fountain.

Deftly Garacci pulls his ethereal finger from the Blood Fountain, unstained, and dry.

You broadcast 'I have.'

You project to Volgathras 'I have seen glimpses of my own pattern before my edict brought on with this form.'

You project to Volgathras 'It is the plane I work within to access the Threads of the Living.'

You project to Volgathras 'I can touch it, and with some I can open their eyes briefly to such a vision of it, but I cannot show them its true source, nor its true dimensions.'

You project to Volgathras 'Perhaps their minds simply cannot grasp its depth, without being driven mad.'

[Volgathras] 'Very few can, puppet.'

[Volgathras] 'I believe I can show you a more.... complete, if that's the word, view of what you say.'

[Volgathras] 'At least, if I am understanding you correctly.'

You project to Volgathras 'As I suspected.'

You project to Volgathras 'In addition, if you can show me, you would have the potential power to open a rift for a greater number.'

[Volgathras] 'A place where all the threads of your pattern - that were, that are, thatm ight be - join and unravel.'

You project to Volgathras 'Correct. But not only my pattern, all the patterns of existence, and non existence. Those of the Living, Inanimate, and Dead.'

You project to Volgathras 'The Tapestry of all Existence is woven, a representation of the higher truth, the realities of the Multiverse.'

The Prince - slowly, and with a dark twinkle in his eye - cocks a brow towards you as he asks. 'Just so. Would you like to take a walk with me?'

Without waiting for an answer, the Prince rises from his seat and approaches the drapes hiding the back room. He pulls them aside with a pale hand, but what lies beyond is not what's expected...

Garacci glides to his feet.

You broadcast 'I would, most assuredly.'

You project to Volgathras 'Though where you may travel, I may be incapable of.'

Great flames burst forth once the fabric is moved aside, and the visions from beyond are beyond simple expression. They seep through you, past you, staining you just through this tiny portal.

Garacci quickly takes one last swallow from the Blood Fountain in preparation for what may lie ahead.

[Volgathras] 'Maybe not, but you will know if it is what you seek.'

Volgathras motions you foreward. 'After you, Reaper.'

Garacci carefully begins to remove his outer armors.

You can't remove the ring of Ultimate Evil.

You stop using a Ring of Accuracy.

You stop using a plated steel neckguard adorned with an emblem of Gear.

You stop using the Cloak of Moving Shadows.

You can't remove the Torso and Arms of Adeptus.

You stop using a helm of spell-turning.

You can't remove the mask of dischord.

You stop using the Legs of Adeptus.

You stop using the void leggings.

You can't remove Adeptus's Upper Arms.

You can't remove the Fleshworks.

You stop using a Burning Sheath of Acid adorned with an emblem of Gear.

You stop using a Bracelet of Eternal Lies.

You stop using a Bracelet of Eternal Lies.

You can't remove the Solar Grasp of Wendigo.

You stop using the Powerspring.

You stop using 'Elundaris', the Flail of Lifestealing.

You stop using a cobalt earring adorned with an emblem of Gear.

Garacci closes his eyes and his body begins to pulsate.

Garacci slowly fades out of existence.

Garacci slowly glides past the burning flames and beyond.

Volgathras absent-mindedly waves his hand toward the rift in the floor, causing it to shut and 'heal.'

Volgathras gets the Blood Fountain.

Volgathras has transferred you.

• Implementor

The Heart of Chaos

[Exits: none]

Carefully, Garacci adjusts his mortal armaments.

You find yourself in all places, and none. Everyone and nothing passes before you.

Endless realities are born and die in a mere blink as you look on; but not physically, for you are and are not in this place.

Almost immediately the strain on your fragile consciousness is felt. What is this? Is this real? True? It all seems to fast, so pointless. So RANDOM.

Uncertainly Garacci attempts to reach out one ethereal hand towards a sputtering reality to grab a tiny, pulsating 'Golden' thread.

The thread dances wildly, moving here, there, up and down. Sometimes it is impossibly large, and other times insurmountable distances away.

[Volgathras] 'You reach for one in a million possibilities, Garacci. It is there, and not, what you seek.'

Losing control Garacci seeks to grasp the thread as it disintegrates into...nothing, as the surrounds change endlessly about him.

[Volgathras] 'Here all the threads in your pattern are born, and it is here they die. Here, in this eternal chaos.'

[Volgathras] 'For chaos, change, is the foundation from which everything is made, and to what is returns when it's brief forray in to order comes to an end.'

Garacci broadcasts softly in absent recognition, 'The Prime?..'

You can feel it; your mind fracturing, tearing itself apart as it tries to process the sheer impossibilities you witness. It tries to make sense of all the unexplaned, ending in utter failure.

A flare of pain shoots through Garacci's mind as his visage ripples.

[Volgathras] 'Perhaps this is what you want. Or perhaps it isn't. You may remain, and watch, if you wish to take the risk, to discover what you can.'

[Volgathras] 'Or, if you wish to remain intact, so much as you already are, say the word and the Absolute Truth is once more hidden.'

As Garacci's form blurs and melds with the surroundings, dozens of tiny 'Golden' threads weave out from within his robes.

With great effort, Garacci bows his head, steadying his visage into a more solid construct.

You broadcast 'I will remain.'

At your decision, the Prince falls silent. There is no form here, but you feel it's presence receeding, leaving you here in the place where all realities are made and ended.

Tiny 'Golden' threads continue to slither and entwine into the chaos surrounding Garacci as he struggles to maintain control.

It all changes so quickly! Things that haven't been seen in a thousand lifetimes... futures of a thousand different lives. What they touch, where they go, what threads they birth and cut.

[Volgathras] 'It all unrevels and restructures itself over and over and over again in a pattern that both is and isn't.'

Steadying himself, Garacci succumbs and his form begins to blur. His body turns to light as his robes turn into a mesh of pulsating 'Golden' threads.

Garacci's voice broadcasts from nowhere in particular, and everywhere at once, 'I can sense, but I do not fully understand.'

'You can't hope to,' the demon's voice cooes at you. 'How can one thread in a million others separate itself to see the whole picture. And if it does, doesn't that change everything?'

[Volgathras] 'How can a thread - small and fragile and weak - hope to be able to know it's place in the vast infinity of creation without rending itself asunder?'

Beneath the cowl, you sense Garacci's eyes widen as his understanding increases. The solid form ripples and sinews of light rise from its surface.

Threads of soft light stream through the vast emptiness as Garacci's form dematerializes.

Extended periods of time here - or is it just a moment? It's impossible to tell - have begun to cause permanent harm to your psyche. You can sense, if only briefly, the synapses misfiring, the patterns of thought beginning to rearrange themselves..

Broadcasting from nowhere and everywhere at once Garacci's voice echos, 'What am I to know, if I am not to be torn asunder. Only in entwining and separating can understanding come.'

[Volgathras] 'Yes, puppet. From the oblivion of chaos, of pure change, is truth realized. You are beginning to understand.'

[Volgathras] 'But to acquire what you seek, everything must be lost. Garacci, the Reaper, his beloved... will be no more.'

The chaos, or what passes for a reality ripples and churns in obscurity as Garacci's voice continues to reverberate.

Uncertainty stings the air as Garacci's voice echos, 'Beyond the Primes, and a Reaper, what is there?'

'Your Creator,' the Prince states flatly.

With increased uncertainty, Garacci's voice BOOMS with sudden power, 'IS THERE MORE?'

A light hiss begins, echoing the voice of Garacci, rising to a banshee's scream, until the sound becomes the focal point of everything.

Further down the shredding paths of oblivion your mind travels. It has begun to give up trying to understand. It has but one option; breaking apart, to accomodate.

[Volgathras] 'Say the word, vampire, and you will retain what little there is left..'

The whine becomes an impossibly high pitched shriek as Garacci's consciousness begins to tear asunder.

Reality seems to boil as the twisted voice of Garacci, now embued with chaos screams, 'SHOW ME!'

Your wish is granted, as soon as the 'words' are formed. But the result, is catastrophic to the thing known as Garacci. The Absolute Truth, as named by the Prince, burns the mortal conscious of the vampire - leaving a sundered husk.

Volgathras has transferred you.

Sinews of light flash and blur together into an ethereal form resembling Garacci.

Volgathras looks down at the unharmed form of the vampire; though the Prince knows the destruction endured was not physical.

[Volgathras] 'What comes now is up to you. What will happen with what remains of the vampire?'

Garacci's ethereal form seems to pulsate and ripple with reality as his mind tries to gain control.

[Volgathras] 'With something be born from the ashes which truth have lain? Or has every trace, any hope for rebirth, been dissintigrated.'

[Volgathras] 'It will be interesting to see.'

Volgathras makes as thoughto leave, but turns after a few steps. 'Ah, yes...'

You broadcast 'The Prime...The birth of Existence...I have been shown the Purpose?'

[Volgathras] 'You have seen something very, very few have been priveledged to know even a fraction of, puppet.'

Garacci Broadcasts confused, 'But I have been shown...nothing.'

Volgathras chuckles politely.

You broadcast 'And yet everything.'

Garacci attempts to touch one ethereal hand to his exposed forehead, but it passes straight through.

[Volgathras] 'Enjoy it, little one. Now that I've given you this gift, I will expect it returned when your time has come.'

Garacci sways with the effort to stand.

You broadcast 'Yes..Of course.'

[Volgathras] 'Your goal to transcend the pattern may well be realized... but as one of mine.'

Volgathras looks at you.

[Volgathras] 'Yours is now a particularly succulent soul. And I'll want it.'

Volgathras's chaotic gaze === DISINTEGRATES === you!

Garacci shrieks in agony and falls to the ground.

You sit down.

[Volgathras] 'And -that- is how you'll repay your debt.'

Volgathras' form BURSTS in to flames, leaving naught but ash and a lingering wave of heat in its wake.

[50 Reape Vam] Garacci Imbrusse the Sundered, Tainted Witness of the Pattern

• Implementor

Sitting in the Hideout, Garacci is taking care of business when strange things begin to occur…

Your vision begins to blur.

You wince in agony.

A vampire bat shakes his head mildly to clear his vision.

Shadows and half-seen images assail the corners of your sight.

Eril says, "Garacci, I've found another pattern!"

A vampire bat bows his head and concentrates harder, attempting to make the images fade.

You revert back to your natural form.

You broadcast 'Eril?'

Fliblin says, 'You may have caught me this time, bat. But I'll get you later!'

You broadcast 'Fliblin..'

Tendrils of light swim across your vision, and are gone as quickly as they come.

Garacci's eyes glaze over as his vision phases out of reality.

Before Garacci's vision, dozens of tiny threads writhe and weave, blending past, and present.

Volgathras says, 'No normal creature can withstand the entirety of the Absolute Truth.'

'Absolute Truth'

'Truth'

'Truth'

'Truth'

Garacci's head swims with the echo.

Volgathras says, 'This is your last chance to leave, before the knowledge ruins your mind.'

Reality seems to part, and roll back inside itself around Garacci, leaving a void.

[D] 57201gld 2255cps 0hr l

Apothecary

Entering this small shop you are confronted by a nasty smell seeping from

the back. You cannot tell what this smell because of large curtains

blocking the back part of the shop but you instantly assume it is a potion

of sorts. Lining the shelves of the shop are small glasses full of herbs,

body parts, dusts, and excretions. Behind the main counter is a dark

skinned man who looks at you and patiently await you to choose what you

need.

[Exits: west]

(White Aura) Elendruib the Black Druid mixes a suspicious potion.

Garacci squints his eyes, trying to concentrate enough to stay in control.

Your vision sharpens, just for a moment, just long enough to see a village rise and fall in the very spot upon which you stand. And then vanish.

You broadcast 'Almost...'

Garacci attempts to concentrate, a little harder, a little more intensely.

Garacci thinks to himself, 'How can I maintain control?..'

[D] 57201gld 2255cps 2hr

An Immortal has transferred you.

The Forum

[Exits: north east south west]

A piece of parchment detailing the progress of Maelbrim's construction has been nailed to a signpost here.

A damaged War Golem stands rock solid, gathering dust.

A large marble fountain carved into the shape of dolphins shoots water into the air.

(White Aura) A Praetorian Defender stands vigil here in service to the Knights.

You find yourself in the remade city of Maelbrim. How did you get here? Time seems a blur...

Garacci's senses are flooded with information as his landscape changes, and his form changes.

You sit down.

The night is about to end.

Garacci broadcasts to himself, 'Stand. Stand'

With great effort, Garacci struggles to his feet.

You stand up.

You project to Eril 'Eril..'

Eril tells you '..- Yes?'

Eril walks in.

You project to Eril 'Nothing..'

Eril says, 'I'm here, Garacci. What is it?'

Eril boggles at the concept.

Thousands upon thousands of images of Eril stand before you. Some are old, some young. Some long dead. Some with one eye. Some are men. A million and more possibilities.

The sun rises in the east.

Eril doesn't look as strong.

Eril looks at you.

Garacci slowly clenches his fists methodically.

Eril turns on her heel, looking at the library building to her southwest.

You almost feel something within you become unwound.

You project to Eril 'I am trying to make sense of this.'

Eril mutters, '..- Hearing things.'

You stop using some chainmail gauntlets adorned with an emblem of Gear.

Hearing things. He's hearing things. He must be mad.

Garacci's hands slowly fade out of existence.

Eril turns back around to face you. 'Hm!'

How can I help this creature when he cannot help himself? He's lost, shattered. Broken.

Several of the Eril-images lunge at you, hatred plastered on their faces!

Eril tells you 'I'm here, I -.. was there a doppleganger?'

Garacci raises his ethereal hands in front of the images to halt them.

You project to Eril 'Wha?...'

You project to Eril 'A what?'

The city around you moves in odd ways; sometimes it is the Rheydin of old, untouched by trajedy. Sometimes it is something else entirely. It seems it is all but the reality you know.

Eril tells you 'A 'fake'. Of me.'

With little ceremony, Garacci thrusts one ethereal hand inside his chest, and extracts a dull, barely shining blanched-looking thread.

You project to Eril 'What?..'

Eril suddenly recoils. 'Garacci!'

With blurred vision, Garacci attempts to concentrate on the thread extracted from inside his chest.

You see your own hand, but sometimes it isn't. Sometimes it's Eril's. Sometimes it's a strangers. The thread is red and gold and purple and blue and... and.. and..

Slowly, the thread begins to disintegrate between Garacci's fingers and fade into...nothing.

With a look of shock or confusion, Eril stares at the thread.

You broadcast 'Wha?..what?'

You stand now over your own ashes; what remains of the mighty Reaper. And then you don't. And then you never where. And then there are hundreds of you.

Eril shakes her head just a tiny bit. '..- The hell did you do to yourself?'

With renewed fervor, Garacci thrusts his hand back inside his chest, clawing, tearing at ethereal strands that fade and phase out at his touch.

Nearly a scream inside your mind, Garacci broadcasts, 'AAAAAAAAGHAAAAAAAAGH!'

Eril returns closer a step, holding up her hands. 'Wait, stop -..!'

Eril falls to a knee under the shrieking, with a palm against her ear.

Delving in to a well of inner strength, perhaps the very last left to you, you call upon your will to lock you in to this place and time. Your vision sharpens.

Garacci attempts to grasp his forehead with one hand, but in its ethereal form, it passes straight through and beyond.

The endless possibilities diminish, until finally, only the reality you know, the one reality you can handle remains.

For now.

Slowly, Garacci extracts his hand, carefully allowing it to phase back into reality.

Eril's eyes flicker opened as she recovers. She stands slowly.

Garacci releases a slow hushed whisper, 'Hhhhhhhssssshhhhhhhh.'

Garacci seems to come to himself.

You broadcast 'Eril?'

You peer intently at Eril.

Eril removes her glasses with a subtle shakiness. 'Garacci -..?'

You peer intently at Eril.

You broadcast 'Eril?..'

Eril's chin lowers. 'It's me. Eril.'

Garacci seems to become aware of his surroundings.

You broadcast 'Excuse me.'

You broadcast 'I did not mean to frighten you.'

Eril suddenly chuckles -- nervously, mind you. 'Oh!'

You broadcast 'I...'

You are starving.

Your hunger devastates you!

You wince in agony.

You broadcast 'Excuse me a moment.'

Eril says 'Of -.. course.'

The day has begun.

You are starving.

Your hunger mauls you.

Garacci glides off, weakly.

*Garacci begins walking East.*

The Eastern Checkpoint

[Exits: east west]

[D] 57201gld 2266cps 6hr A wide path

[Exits: east west]

[WARMASTER] [||||||](2) An army Staging Camp has been built here.

[D] 57201gld 2266cps 6hr Further into the Dragon's Teeth

[Exits: west up]

[D] 57201gld 2266cps 6hr Alas, you cannot go that way.

[D] 57201gld 2266cps 6hr 'blood.

You broadcast 'Blood.'

[D] 57201gld 2266cps 6hr u

e

Within the Dragon's Teeth Mountains

[Exits: east down]

[D] 57201gld 2266cps 6hr c blood

Your senses goes haywire as you lust for blood amplifies!

Your blast misses the vulture.

Your slice MASSACRES the vulture!

Your blast MANGLES the vulture!

The vulture is DEAD!!

You hear the vulture's death cry.

You get 39 gold coins from the corpse of the vulture.

[D] 57240gld 2266cps 6hr cast 'blood gout'

The sun rises in the east.

You are hungry.

Your hunger mauls you.

[D] 57240gld 2266cps 7hr

At your command the vulture becomes a bloody sprinkler.

Your blood gout === DISINTEGRATES === the vulture!

The vulture is DEAD!!

You get 27 gold coins from the corpse of the vulture.

You are hungry.

You coerce the blood to swirl around you and feed quickly.

[D] 57267gld 2266cps 7hr drai corpse

sac corpse

You drain the blood from the corpse of the vulture.

You feel a little better.

[D] 57267gld 2266cps 7hr Anume gives you 24 gold coins for your sacrifice.

[D] 57291gld 2266cps 7hr drai corpse

sac corpse

[D] 57291gld 2266cps 7hr Anume gives you 24 gold coins for your sacrifice.

[D] 57315gld 2266cps 7hr cast 'blood gout'

[D] 57315gld 2266cps 7hr n

Base of the Mountains

[Exits: south up]

[WARMASTER] [||||||](2) An army Staging Camp has been built here.

A vulture circles over you, waiting to swoop down to their meal.

A vulture circles over you, waiting to swoop down to their meal.

A traveler is here, adventuring through the woods.

[D] 57315gld 2266cps 7hr cast 'blood gout'

The vulture is DEAD!!

You get 29 gold coins from the corpse of the vulture.

The vulture is DEAD!!

You get 16 gold coins from the corpse of the vulture.

You force the traveler's blood through every pore on his face.

Your blood gout *** DEMOLISHES *** the traveler!

You gather the blood around yourself and feed leisurely.

The traveler has some small wounds and bruises.

Garacci: [===|===|===|===]

[D] 57360gld 2266cps 7hr

Your blast MASSACRES the traveler!

Your slice MASSACRES the traveler!

Your blast MANGLES the traveler!

Your blast MASSACRES the traveler!

Your blast DISMEMBERS the traveler!

The traveler is DEAD!!

The traveler's severed head plops on the ground.

You get 90 gold coins from the corpse of the traveler.

[D] 57450gld 2266cps 7hr drai corpse

sac corpse

drai corpse

sac corpse

drai corpse

sac corpse

You drain the blood from the corpse of the traveler.

[D] 57450gld 2266cps 7hr Anume gives you 40 gold coins for your sacrifice.

[D] 57490gld 2266cps 7hr You drain the blood from the corpse of the vulture.

You are full.

[D] 57490gld 2266cps 7hr Anume gives you 24 gold coins for your sacrifice.

[D] 57514gld 2266cps 7hr 'more.

You are full.

[D] 57514gld 2266cps 7hr Anume gives you 24 gold coins for your sacrifice.

*Lots of blood gouting and suckin’ em dry*

[Exits: north east down]

A large cloak blends in with its surroundings.

The sliced-off hand of an orcish scout is lying here.

The corpse of the mosquito is lying here.

The corpse of the grey wolf is lying here.

The sliced-off leg of the grey wolf is lying here.

The orcish warrior is here, fighting YOU!

The orcish warrior looks pretty hurt.

[D] 57637gld 2266cps 7hr cast 'blood gout'

You force the orcish warrior's blood through every pore on his face.

Your blood gout *** DEMOLISHES *** the orcish warrior!

The orcish warrior is DEAD!!

The orcish warrior's heart is torn from his chest.

You get 94 gold coins from the corpse of the orcish warrior.

You lick the blood from your face and smack your lips.

[D] 57731gld 2266cps 7hr 'more

drai corpse

sac corpse

You broadcast 'More'

[D] 57731gld 2266cps 7hr You drain the blood from the corpse of the orcish warrior.

You are full.

[D] 57731gld 2266cps 7hr Anume gives you 40 gold coins for your sacrifice.

[D] 57771gld 2266cps 7hr drai corpse

sac corpse

You drain the blood from the corpse of the mosquito.

You are full.

*Garacci continues to use blood gout feverishly on bigger and bigger groups of creatures.*

[D] 57899gld 2267cps 8hr 'more!

Your blast DISMEMBERS the forest elf!

Your slice DISMEMBERS the forest elf!

The forest elf is DEAD!!

You hear the forest elf's death cry.

You get 49 gold coins from the corpse of the forest elf.

[D] 57948gld 2267cps 8hr l

You broadcast 'More!'

*In greater fervor, Garacci goes on a rampage for blood to heal is wounded mind.*

[D] 58944gld 2267cps 9hr Elemental Gateway

To the west a path dips and winds among some flowing firepits. To the

northeast a path goes toward the river. Beyond toward the northeast and

northwest are outcrops which rise up from the canyon floor. To the east

there is a cave mouth which leads into the canyon wall. And to the south

the path leads up, away, and out of the canyon. Various pure and

cross-breeds of elemental forms wander the canyon floor, which extends in

a wide swath northwards.

[Exits: north east south west]

( 2) The corpse of a rainbow warrior is lying here.

The sliced-off hand of a rainbow warrior is lying here.

( 2) The corpse of a large elemental is lying here.

( 2) The corpse of a small elemental is lying here.

The sliced-off leg of a small elemental is lying here.

The sliced-off hand of a small elemental is lying here.

A rainbow warrior is here, fighting YOU!

The elemental guardian is here, fighting YOU!

Your blast MASSACRES a rainbow warrior!

A rainbow warrior is DEAD!!

You hear a rainbow warrior's death cry.

You get 63 gold coins from the corpse of a rainbow warrior.

You dodge the elemental guardian's attack.

The elemental guardian looks pretty hurt.

[D] 59007gld 2267cps 9hr

Your blast MASSACRES the elemental guardian!

The elemental guardian is DEAD!!

You hear the elemental guardian's death cry.

You get 117 gold coins from the corpse of the elemental guardian.

[D] 59124gld 2267cps 9hr

Weakly, Garacci slides to the caverns eastward.

A trail of blood runs behind Garacci's adumbral robes as he passes.

*Mindlessly slaughtering, without conscious will, Garacci continues until his mind power is completely sapped*

[D] 59501gld 2267cps 10hr You drain the blood from the corpse of a lava beast.

You are full.

[D] 59501gld 2267cps 10hr Anume gives you 16 gold coins for your sacrifice.

[D] 59517gld 2267cps 10hr

The dark shroud around you vanishes.

[D] 59517gld 2268cps 11hr smote In a drunken-like haze Garacci broadcasts, "more..."

In a drunken-like haze Garacci broadcasts, 'More...'

*Exhausted, and unable to affect the Patterns of the Living further in his current state, Garacci passes out inside his coffin and rests.*

Apparently I lost this part of the log and the part where Garacci wakes up feeling twisted, but conscious and aware, more capable of controlling his form and the Patterns. He then returns to Eril, where she is waiting, and the plot where she becomes “Fractured” begins…