Interested Builders

Malchaeius

I have had a lot of people ask me about building. I appreciate all of your enthusiasm and desire to help FL grow. So, I have taken the time to write more on what I wish from all of those who wish to apply. If you are interested in building for the Forsaken Lands, please post on the prayer forum. Within this post, I need the following:

* Your Name

* Past characters of note

* Your reason for wanting to build

* The Name of your Area

* The Purpose of your Area (Ranking/EQ/Quests/Atmosphere etc)

* The History/Rp of your area (how it came about)

* 5 room descriptions (use your five best rooms)

* 5 mob descriptions (if there are that many)

* 5 item descriptions (if there are that many)

I will respond to all posts. Though it may take some time, and for that I sincerely apologize. I have a little bit more free time on my hands now, so the response time might be faster. Also, be aware that our initiative for now is replacing stock areas. Here is a list of the stock areas on the MUD that are not currently being worked upon:

Falen Dara

Mountain Trail - IN PROGRESS

Haon Dor

Dragon Tower

Elemental Canyon

Sewer

Shire - IN PROGRESS

Pyramids - IN PROGRESS

Sands of Sorrow - IN PROGRESS

Drkshtyre Wood

The Barren Highlands

Chapel Catacombs

The Ford

Citadel of Kaer Banor

Keep of Myran Dammel

Temple of Sreyb

Escismir E'gal

That is not to say that if you send in an original area idea that it will be ignored. You just have a better chance of being accepted as a temporary builder if you attempt one of these projects. Now, you have to remember that you will be just a -temporary- builder. The reason is that only immortals are given the priviledge of being full-time builders. Once you have completed your area, your access to Test Port will most likely be revoked. Remember that the process for becoming a temporary builder can be a long one. It is a matter of trust. I have to trust you to give you access to Test Port.

So bust out your preffered building program - toss on your thinking cap and get crackin!

• 3 weeks later...

ADDENDUM: ANY work done for the Forsaken Lands becomes the intellectual property of the Forsaken Lands. As such, we reserve the right to use or not use your work as -we- see fit. For all intents and purposes, you waive ownership of any work done by accepting a temporary builder position. You will be credited for the work. If you do not agree to such a clause - we thank you for your desire to help the Forsaken Lands grow, but your application will not be accepted.

This used to be common knowledge, but I feel that we must make it publicly known to avoid any mishaps.

• 3 years later...