• Implementor

I've removed this function for the time being. 

I just want to make those aware, who are yet unaware, this char isn't supposed to be used the way it was being used.

And as to not sound so guarded as to the reasons the chat was shut down, the following reasons were why:

• Using the chat to discuss Immortal interactions on an OOC basis -- not only should these conversations be only between you and the immortal speaking with you, using it at the detriment of the game and padding    your side of the story won't help our playerbase.
  •  
  • Using the chat in a manner considered disrespectful to others, such as using common slang, cursing, etc for no reason except to be an annoyance
  •  
  • Spreading information that would be best learned within game, or otherwise spreading false information and selling it as truth, feigning discussions with Immortals
  •  
  • Flaming others and talking about other players, their characters, or otherwise using OOC methods to upset others using the forum

I just don't think it should be our job to police these features. Sorry for the inconvenience. I'd also like to point out that, while the Immortals can't keep you from using other external chat methods, it's strongly suggested that you don't use AIM - you'll have a much better experience.

• Like 1

Well humbug.   How else are us recently returned old timers supposed to figure out how to keep up with all the new whipper-snappers.  The idea of rolling 10 different race/class combo's to figure everything out again is not exactly something I imagine everyone has time for :P  Takes long enough just to roll up one class with a max roll, train it, pinn it and so forth.  Was a different ball-game when I was in college and could cut classes to explore and screw around.  These days, I have much less time to invest.  But still seek the thrill of the old PK days... albeit... finding a time when there is even anyone around to PK is challenging in itself... or RP with for that matter :P

• Like 1
  • 11 months later...