The Clock

Anume

• Implementor

Brambus looks up at Leothyre. 'My oh MY. Leothyre, you look utterly befuddled and exhausted!

Leothyre sighs and nods. 'It's been a long past few days, Brambus. How are things around the shop?'
Brambus. 'Fine indeed! People from all over have been visiting lately! It's been a wonderous time. Better than you, it looks like, Sir Leothyre!'

Leothyre chuckles weakly as he leans against the wall, looking at the ground. 'That's wonderful. Thank you for taking a look at this helm for me, by the way.'

You stop using a helm of spell-turning.

You nod.

You wear a helm of spell-turning on your head.

Brambus starts eyeing your stump. 'Say....Leothyre.' He nods and points. 'What 'appened?'

You pray 'Seems Brambus has taken a fancy to my missing arm, Lord. Why, may I ask?'

Brambusworks
You stand in a large workshop that literally whirls with activity.
various gears twirl, while metallic globes sputter with energy
all a while steam whistles, and logs in no less then four various
furnaces cast warm glow about the workshop.
[Exits: north]
The Transpectrogrampher stands in the corner.
Brambus the Inventor is here looking a bit lost in his own thoughts.

Leothyre looks down at his stump. 'This? The Archfiend, Thulgan. I lost it in combat a few weeks ago.'

Brambus scurries over to Leothyre, grabs a nearby footstool and climbs on top. He reaches out and easily touches the bandages. 'Does it hurt?'

Leothyre jumps back. 'YES!' He rubs the area gingerly. 'Yes...a little.'

Brambus recoils a bit. 'Ssss..Sorry, Leothyre. That is a...shame. I'm so, so, so, sorry for your loss.'

Leothyre sighs and smirks a bit to himself. 'The Lord has continued to give me favor regardless, my friend. He continues to watch over me.'

Leothyre shrugs his shoulder. 'He giveth, and he taketh away.' Brambus continues to eye the stump.

Brambus walks over behind a little desk, and pulls out a piece of paper. 'Say...Leothyre. Come overe here a moment.'

Leothyre pushes himself off the wall with his shoulders, springing him in a walk toward the table. 'Hrmm? Need a hand with something?'

Melkoar appears in a swirling mist.

Melkoar looks at Brambus.

Melkoar looks at you.

Melkoar pulls out a small cigarette and lights it up, taking a long drag.

Brambus stops what he's doing for a moment and looks up at Leothyre. 'A hand? HAHAHA' He looks over at Melkoar. 'Oh!

Leothyre turns quickly to Melkoar. 'Mmmm...Melkoar.'

'I'm your God, that, uh, One God.' Melkoar says sarcastically. <----------I Lol'd. Didn't see that coming. Hahahaha.

Melkoar offers a 'convincing' smile.

Leothyre nods his head, his eyes narrowing. 'Pleasure to meet you, MELKOAR.'

Melkoar waves a hand, 'Nevermind. I heard you.. need a HAND?'

The door north of you opens.

Melkoar closes the door north of you.

Pas walks in.

Melkoar giggles to himself.

Pas looks at Melkoar.

Melkoar says 'Ahem.'

Pas looks at you.

Brambus begins snorting as he laughs at the joke. 'Here that, Leothyre!?'

Pas pulls a razor blade from his toupe.
Leothyre looks over at Pas, then to Brambus, and finally, at Melkoar.,

Melkoar looks at Pas.

Melkoar giggles to himself, 'How fun..'
Brambus beckons Leothyre over to the desk. 'Come, come! Quickly!'

Pas deftly slices a piece of flesh off of Melkoar.
Leothyre resumes his walk over to the desk, never quite taking his eye off Melkoar and Pas....

Pas places the piece of flesh in a steel cube.

Melkoar eyes Pas, 'Do you want to deconstruct?'
Brambus pushes a piece of paper in front of Leothyre. 'Look!'

With a great 'WHOOOOOSH', Pas seals the cube!

Pas gets a piece of frozen flesh from a sturdy backpack.

Pas gives a piece of frozen flesh to Brambus.
Brambus runs over to the Transpectrogrampher.
Brambus grins with passion as he works the levers, dials and knobs!
Moments later, he begins to read off the various measurements.
Brambus says 'Object 'frozen flesh' is type boat, material wood.'
Brambus says 'Extra flags: none.'
Brambus says 'Weight is 24, value is 50, level is 0.'
Brambus gives Pas a piece of frozen flesh.
Brambus grins evilly.

Unabaited by the Transpectrogrampher, Leothyre looks down at the paper.

Pas tells you 'This creature is made of boat' <-------------This! Lol

Pas tells you 'Material: wood'

Melkoar blinks innocently at Pas.

Pas places the sample carefully back in the cube.

Leothyre rubs his chin. What could he be looking at?

Leothyre holds up the paper, then looks down at Brambus. 'Could this...is this what I think it is?'

Leothyre walks back around the table and shows the paper to Melkoar. Brambus nods excitedly. 'YES! Yes it is! I worked that up foreEVER ago!'

Pas merges into the shadows behind a metallic globe of the workshop.

Brambus shrugs. 'Just never had a chance to make one until you moseyed in here, Leothyre!'

Leothyre looks down at the paper again. 'It's....kind of, like an arm?'

Brambus continues nodding his head up and down, then points at Pas. 'Kinda like his!' Leothyre looks over at Pas.

Billows of smoke escape from Melkoar's nostrils.

Something zrgggts quietly in the corner. Only Pas's reflection can be seen off of a contraption.

Leothyre walks over to Pas, albeit slowly, and examines his arm. He coughs as the smoke invades his face.
-Cough-

Leothyre wipes his mouth then offers a quick glance over at Melkoar.

Leothyre turns back to Brambus. 'And....it will work? Like, fully?'

Melkoar glares at Pas.

Brambus stops for a moment. 'Well.....not....not EXACTLY.' He uses his fingers to make quotations marks, speaking to Leothyre.

Brambus continues, walking over to Leothyre and Pas. 'Think of it like.....like a...' He stops for a moment. 'A brace!'

The excitement fades from Leothyre's face slightly, but looks nonetheless intrigued. 'Hrmmm.'

Leothyre looks down at the paper. 'What's all these scribbles by it?'

Melkoar flicks a cigarette onto the ground.

Brambus LEAPS up and snatches the paper from Leothyre. 'Things I need!' Suddenly, he dives at the cigarette. 'NO!!!!'

Melkoar giggles to himself.

Brambus begins to stamp violently. 'Not in here! Leothyre, tell him!'

Leothyre turns to Melkoar. 'Sir....if you wouldn't mind?

Leothyre snickers a bit. 'Half the stuff in this place is probably flamable...'

Melkoar pulls out another cigarette and lights it. After taking a hit he says, 'Ohhh youu.' He giggles, walking north.

Melkoar opens the door north of you.

Melkoar walks north.

Leothyre watches Melkoar leave, and then looks back down at the paper.

Someone zrggts in the corner.

Someone starts emitting a red battle aura.

Brambus continues to ramble on. 'This is all the stuffs I need, Leothyre. Maybe your golem servant there will help you!' He looks at Pas.

Leothyre looks up at Pas, a surprised look on his face. 'Rrrriiiigggghhhhtttt.' He shakes his head. 'Doubtfully.'

Leothyre snickers. 'He'll probably try to find a way to put some sort of flesh eating thingamabober in it.'

Leothyre shrugs his shoulder.

Leothyre nods at the paper. 'So...What do I need to get?'

Pas ticks in sync with Brambus's old grandfather clock.

Brambus turns around on his heels and zips over to his desk. 'Nothing Leothyre!' He rips open a drawer. 'Acutally.......everything.'

Brambus mutters as he walks back over to Leothyre. 'Forgot. I used all the stuff making Anjelikahs play dolls.'

Again, Brambus uses quotation marks when he says play dolls. 'Sorry, Leothyre. They shouldn't be too hard to find!'

A magic berry suddenly appears.

You get a magic berry.

A magic pig roast suddenly appears.

You get a magic pig roast.

You give a magic pig roast to Brambus.
Brambus runs over to the Transpectrogrampher.
Brambus grins with passion as he works the levers, dials and knobs!
Moments later, he begins to read off the various measurements.
Brambus says 'Object 'food magic pig roast' is type food, material food.'
Brambus says 'Extra flags: none.'
Brambus says 'Weight is 1, value is 0, level is 0.'
Brambus gives you a magic pig roast.
Brambus grins evilly.

You scratch yourself on the head... confused.

You say 'Don't you eat?'

Brambus snickers and sticks his hand back out. 'Sorry. Leothyre. Habit!'

Leothyre snickers as he rips off a leg and hands it to Brambus. He then picks up the note. 'So...this stuff?'

Brambus nods. 'Bring it all to me, and I'll whip you something up! Anything for you, Sir Leothyre! You and your golem servant!'

Leothyre snickers once as he glances over at Pas.

Leothyre looks at Pas, and then to the grandfather clock.

Leothyre chuckles at the thought of something amusing, and then looks down at the list. 'Alright, let's see here....'

You say 'Some...gears? Big ones and little ones. Some wood?'

Pas looks righteous next to the evil old clock.

Leothyre scratches his head. 'What is glitterstone?'

Brambus walks over to Leothyre. 'It's GLITTERSTONE! DUH'

The grandfather clock fixates on you with a sinister stare. Pas clicks remotely.

Brambus walks around Leothyre and jumps up on his stool, muttering. '...doesn't even know what glitterstone is. You kidding me?'

[KNIGHT]: '[A circle of Seers]: 'Beware.. An enemy draws near!''

Leothyre suddenly notices the clock, and tilts his head, staring at it, as Brambus rummages around in his backpack.

Leothyre starts to slowly back up, knocking poor Brambus off his stool! 'WHOAOOAOAAAAA!' Brambus screams as he falls back, a piece of starstone in his hand, and lands with a solid 'THUD!'

As you notice the clock, it stares deeper into your soul. Visions of burning villages ignite in the reflective glass. Pas does not move.

Leothyre suddenly seems fixated on the clock, not even turning to help Brambus up. Brambus begins to rub his knees and butt. 'Shhhhhh-ahhhhhhhh. Shhhhhh-ahhhhhhh. Shhhhh-ahhhhhh'

[KNIGHT]: 'an armored Knight: Alert! Anjelikah of [PANDEMONIUM] sighted at our gates!'

[KNIGHT] an armored Knight: 'We are under attack by Anjelikah!'

Looks like just a clock now. Pas clicks quietly.

Brambus gets to his feet and walks around in front of Leothyre, waving the starstone in front of his face. 'THIS! YOOHOOO! DOWN HERE!'

Leothyre shakes his head, breaking the daze. 'Ummm...yeah.' He looks down. 'Oh, that?? That's starstone!'

Brambus shrugs. 'Glitterstone. Starstone. What's the difference?' Leothyre snickers.

Pas walks in.

Leothyre looks down at his list. 'Ok...STARstone, some gears, some wood.

You say 'Some....'

Leothyre turns his head to the side. 'Oh. Leather straps. I see that now.'

Leothyre nods. 'Ok. Anything else?

As soon as you turn your back, the clock seems to move closer, laughing. Pas has not moved.
Brambus shakes his head. 'I should have everything else I need here. SHOULD.' Leothyre nods as he tucks the paper inside his backpack.

Leothyre turns his head slightly, glancing at the clock out of the corner of his eye.

Leothyre whistles as he turns to walk out the door. 'Well, I should be going now!' He never takes his eyes off the clock.

Suddenly, the clock plunges a dagger into your back, releasing a viscous trail of blood. Pas zrggts quietly.

Leothyre winces as he collapses to the ground. 'GRRAAHHHHH!''''

The betrayal ***EVISCERATES*** you! Pas seems not to notice.

Leothyre tries to roll over on his side, kicking the clock away. Brambus looks astonished. 'WHAT IN THE WORLD?!'

Leothyre cries out in agony. 'Get this thing OFF OF ME!'

The clock keeps stabbing desperately. Pas seems to zrggt awake.

Leothyre kicks the clock hard, sending it scooting a few feet away, leaving the dagger buried in his back.

Leothyre reaches toward the dagger, blood pooling everywhere. Try as he might, he cannot reach the dagger.

As the clock jams into Pas, the Golem steps on it, CRUSHING the glass and pendulum.

Brambus comes to his rescue! 'Leothyre!' he yells, leaping onto Leothyre's buttocks and yanking the knife out.

Leothyre winces once more as the knife is withdrawn, spouting a stream of blood into the air.

Leothyre awkwardly flops over to his side, eyeballing Pas. 'YOOUUUUU!'

Brambus looks at Pas, then at you. With disdain, he says 'you! You broke my Grandfather's clock!'

Leothyre slaps the ground with his hand. 'Treacherous DOG!'

Leothyre looks back at Brambus, and then nods at Pas, unable to point. 'It was HIM!'

Leothyre quiets his breathing and steadies himself on his good arm. He begins to mutter a small chant.

Brambus seems to ignore Pas, instead freting over the burl wood and crystal pieces on the ground. 'How will I ever fix this... it is from a time past'

Suddenly, the wounds on Leothyre's back begin to close as his chant intensifies.

Pas inserts a probe into the pool of blood.

Leothyre finds the strength to get to his feet, slowly. 'Brambus....I..I'm so sorry.'

Leothyre points at Pas with his now free hand. 'It was him. He...he took control of it, somehow.'

Brambus looks unconsolable as he continues to stare at the broken clock. 'Leothyre....Pas...'

Brambus sniffles a little. 'Just...just leave, please. Both of you.' He nods at Leothyre, and then at Pas. 'Please, go.'

Leothyre sighs, speechless, as he stares on at the clock.

Brambus looks at you in disbelief, then turns to Pas, lecturing 'This mindless Golem? you... this was a family heirloom. But no use crying over spilt mugwort tea'

Leothyre snarls his upper lip, glancing at Pas out of the corner of his eye.

You tell Pas 'How COULD you?'

Leothyre nods at Brambus. 'I know it won't replace it, but when I return, I will bring you some money.'

You say 'Again...I'm sorry, Brambus.'

As the blood seeps into the shattered pieces of clock, a single final pendulum note can be heard. Pas stares on vacantly.

Pas rummages through the rubble of the timepiece, helping Brambus.

Leothyre sighs as he turns to the door, limping a little. You swear you can hear a small sniffle as he disappears from sight.
==============================================================================