March Changes

I think that Bashing Weight should be slowed then the rate of a lighter shield, if your going to lose 3rd and 4th attack as a warrior for a shield bash. A Heavy one IE 20Lbs + should lag 2-3 round for effective damage and a lighter one IE 1lb+ should hit lighter but be able to one round use like a spell. for little damage plus added effect. This will make Shield warriors not mind the lose of the attacks and also make them Need to Equip with Multiple shields "IE the need to depend on Shields as a Shield warriors and not Weapons"  to be effective and need to change them out for different battles between classes.  Ex: Light shield to proc your bleedings disarms ect...Heavy shield to hit for Lag perhaps ?????

Unless I'm incorrect, shield bash doesn't lag, only damages, and the use of the skill is the only way to proc all but one of the debuffs, the third and fourth attack is a pretty huge cut out. I understand the weight of shield being taken into consideration for both damage and hit chance buy honestly that trade off seems severe in damage output. 

10 hours ago, Morlhach said:

Anyhow, change reverted. Enjoy.

Phew. Thanks you. Please be aware that in all my time here I think I've only played one magic resist race. So my thoughts against it weren't biased in the least. I have always thought Dwarves and Duergars to a lesser degree were the most powerful race in the lands. I never liked the idea of when a character is up against one, 50% to 90% of there overall effectiveness can be suddenly ineffective (hybrid/mages/rogues/druids). Not all classes can take full advantage of those water based weapons out there. Like Ogres, Dwarves get a vuln and the hp to make up for it. No regen (which takes skill to use in the heat of pk) but magic resist all across the board which takes no skill to use. Not to  mention the good str and dex they still have.

My solution would be to increase the effects of poisoning oneself so others can use strategies based around that. Magic resist races would now have a choice in deciding whether poisoning themselves is worth the risks. All the while making the magic resist perk take a bit of skill to get its full benefit.

Poisoning oneself should open up the vulnerability of the user being poisoned subsequently. Poison should be opened up to be stack-able either between all players or just rogues. Damage would start at scratches as usual, then grazes, then hits. There should be a cap on this damage here. However rogues should be allowed to go a damage level beyond it, to injures. Lotus scourge ninjas should be allowed to go one step further to decimates I think? Since rogues have multiple ways of poisoning its victim, they would be able to make use of this ability faster than most. This would make rogues scary again while forcing skill to be used on both sides of the fight.

Side note: Explore if ninjas should be allowed to envenom fired weapons

Site note: Explore if ninjas/thieves should be allowed to envenom weapons.

Site note: Please raise the crappy level of ninja blindness dust. This has never adapted to change over time even though saves and equipment obviously has.

Side note: Revisit Syndie skill vs rogues

Site note: Do the undead have too big of an advantage vs rogues? Do they need an increasing wounding/dysentery type poison to combat them?

Edited by tassinvegeta
  • Like 1

As far as poison goes.. Every class, outside of ninjas and rangers, have a way to remove poison from their intended target. I had ZERO struggles on my thief getting rid of poison from my enemy when I wanted them blackjacked. If a psi lands hypnosis, a necromancer lands sleep, or a thief lands blackjack then they gain such a MONUMENTAL advantage over their opponent and in most of these cases the fight usually ends up with the slept target being killed. Psi's also have a way to virtually sleep their opponent that can NOT be countered, saved, or failed in the way of petrify. So, I don't wanna hear about how "hard" it is to land these skills, its not. It just takes a little ingenuity, strategy, and tactics to pull off. 

If a thief can't kill you outright following the blackjack, you are going to be missing some equipment pretty quickly until that thief will be able to out melee you and kill you. I am 100% convinced that a thief's biggest issue is the size of this player base and the approach we are taking towards ganging, tagging, and otherwise "dishonorable" ways of fighting. Thieves were scary because you never knew when they were going to strike. And even then, a 1v1 match can still go in favor of the thief very, very easily if they play it right. I have seen people log off when a thief or ninja gets on more than ANY class EVER. That is because they are scary. 

Ninjas, on the other hand, could get a little love AS LONG AS we remove assassinate from their skill list. This is something the PBase has BEGGED to be addressed for years and years.

I'm also hating this idea of CPs being earned before induction.  How, exactly, can one earn points before a member?  I know, from a mechanical standpoint, it's a tick based thing, but we don't do that with gold or RP.  Does everyone need a heavy dose of CPs upon entering?  Why not just set a base gift?  Maybe a few CPs could be earned from clan quests?  It just seems against the whole RP idea behind cabals unless you filter it somehow through the clans.

• Implementor

Once you're caballed, you will always receive CPs on a per tick basis unless you don't have your standard.
While you're not caballed, this is not true - you don't receive CPs on a perk tick basis.

Regardless if you're in a cabal or not, you will receive CPs from finishing quests that reward CPs.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Morlhach said:

Once you're caballed, you will always receive CPs on a per tick basis unless you don't have your standard.
While you're not caballed, this is not true - you don't receive CPs on a perk tick basis.

Regardless if you're in a cabal or not, you will receive CPs from finishing quests that reward CPs.

Okay...just still seems a bit odd to me to earn currency I may not want or ever need before I need it or want it.  On the other hand, I can see where it might be a help to the newly cabaled in defending more successfully.

Edited by Archangel
  • Implementor

..I think I've seen and heard everything on this forum now. :) Can't please everyone, it's all good - I figured this was a positive change. It was suggested nearly five years ago and never got any response from the current coder then. I coded it, and now, you're saying that you'd prefer not to have CPs given to you upon induction that you .. may not need or want? 

Maybe I should code a way to drop all CPs and sac all CPs. :D

• Like 1

I think it was changed because people were forgoing certain quests until they were in the cabal they wanted in. Ultimately, this means people refuse to travel and interact with others in these areas until later. I like this change as it promotes more interaction even if it is seemingly minuscule. As long as guild quests don't reward CPs prior to admission then I don't think it's an issue, really.

• Like 1
Just now, Morlhach said:

..I think I've seen and heard everything on this forum now. :) Can't please everyone, it's all good - I figured this was a positive change. It was suggested nearly five years ago and never got any response from the current coder then. I coded it, and now, you're saying that you'd prefer not to have CPs given to you upon induction that you .. may not need or want? 

Maybe I should code a way to drop all CPs and sac all CPs. :D

Sorry, I'm not being clear.  If EVERYONE earns CPs, some of those people will get cabaled and POOF, instant CPs.  This could be a good change for the newly cabaled and also make it so people don't sit around waiting to do low level quests until cabaled so they can harvest those CPs.  Of course, the cabaled person wants as many as they can get.

But the other who don't want to be cabaled or don't care about cabals are also earning CPs behind the scenes.  Those are the ones who wouldn't care.

Feel free to hit me up with all the CPs you like.  

1 hour ago, Naruthiron said:

Decimates on poison?  Nooooooo. I think if we went the stacking route, grazes max, with a third stack increasing level of poison.  Lotus scourge could get injures and poison level of 60.

Hits is a bit much for having to successfully land it 3 times? Would increasing the level of poison on the third stack only affect the difficulty in curing it and the duration? How do you feel about opening this up to all characters or just rogues?

Like the lotus scourge suggestion :)