Necromancer Beta

• Implementor

Soon, necromancers will finally go into the beta after working extensively on some new spells, code, and the way necromancers will work in the future. This class change will be a complete overhaul of the current necromancer class, with new selections and paths for how a necromancer would like to be played versus their opponents (heavy melee, spell, communer-esque), etc. 

With this new beta, I am going to choose 6 players to test the necromancer class. In the mean time, if you're not one of the 6, you won't be able to play the necromancer class until the beta is over. Here are some requirements:

1. Have a good standing with the Immortals currently (No warning points, etc on the forum, and a general good attitude with current IMM staff)
  2. Good communication - I hope to get at least one post about the class per day in a special, designated forum to the IMMs where all beta testers can see each other's posts.
  3. Must be a new necromancer creation. Beta testers will then be asked to delete their necromancers at the end of the beta period.
  4. Superb RP. If you apply, we'd like to see what you intend to roleplay if you were given the chance. Keep in mind these characters could last 1 month, or even 3 months, depending on how long I need the beta period to go for.
  5. Interest in PK. I need a broad spectrum of players, here. Really good PKers and of course, the ones who have difficulty with it. The best beta environment when balancing a class is to have all types of players play.
  6. Secrecy. It's no surprise many of you talk to other players outside of the game. We ask that you keep these communications to a minimum regarding the class you'll be beta testing. If we don't think you can, you'll probably not be allowed a spot.

Everyone can apply on the Prayer Forum with a post titled: Necromancer Beta Application. Include your roleplay (could be a general synopsis or a few lines as to what you would be role playing) and why you think you'd be best to be a part of the beta control group.

I'm hoping beta doesn't last anymore than a month. It could be less. It could be more. Actual beta begin date will be disclosed to the players chosen. Those who are chosen, we ask you keep it to yourself except with the other beta members chosen.

Almost makes me wanna try one.. But damn it if I don't love melees too much!! :P 

I didn't expect to see necromancers with an overhaul, but now that I look at them and the experiences I've had in the past with them, I can see it for sure. I've never played one at 50, but I've helped a TON of necromancers get their zombies and that is absolute pain in the ass.. I couldn't imagine the irritation of actually being that player and unable to get what you need to be competitive at the high levels of PK. Excited to see the changes and hopefully to not die to them!! :P

Question: If this method of class changing is a success, can we expect to see other classes receive similar treatment? IE: Ninja/Thieves?