Two-Tier PK

• Implementor

Since the introduction of two-tiered PK, most of the playerbase has shunned it, due to the following reasons:

• Lack of rares, or knowledge of non-rares
  • Unable to achieve ranks of E or L
  • Unable to become quest races or classes

There's been a lot of speculation regarding whether you should loot someone, or take things you don't need. A lot of people have left the game because they keep getting 'full looted' (most of their rares) or because they can never keep a fully-equipped character. Of course, these same people refuse blue-PK (2nd tier) because they don't get the same options as the red-PK tier does.

So the staff has decided that, starting now, ALL TIERS are eligible for:

1. Cabal ranks E, and L
  2. All quest races and quest classes

With this change, come some changes in the code, too. (actually, these fail safes have been there for other reasons, for quite awhile). 

As a Moderate, the following things change in your game play:

• When you die to a Syndicate when you have a bounty, 2 items will go to bags (one to the character who placed the bounty, and one to the collector).
    • Alternatively, if you are a Syndicate and collect someone, you will only get 1 item from the bag, while only 1 other item goes to the character who placed the bounty.
  • Getting captured by a Tribune will only ever result in a loss of 3 rares. Even if you're OUTLAW.
    • Alternatively, if you captured an OUTLAW, you will only receive 3 of their rares.
  • ACT_UNDEAD (vampires, liches, undead) will create a corpse that will last roughly 15-20 ticks, plenty of time to get your items. After which, the corpse disintegrates. You will not have your items return to your temple.
  • In normal PK, if you die, players can only loot 2 items from your corpse - and they have to be rare. They cannot take non-rare items.
    • Alternatively, if you kill another player (moderate or not) you can only take 2 items from their corpse.
    • There's a PK timer that keeps you from being multi-killed unless you instigate another fight.

Hopefully, this veers people who can't stomach a full loot, away from the ruthless tier of PK. If you have any suggestions on making this better, please let us know.

5 hours ago, tassinvegeta said:

Great change. Almost makes me consider it. :) 

I wonder though, how does this affect blue-shielded thieves? Notably if they steal your non-rare stuff?

I think there was a change earlier that lets you loot all your stolen items back from their corpse ignoring the rare loot limit counter? 

Or I could be wrong.

A question for Morle: Are moderates excluded from the 2 rares-crumbling rule when they die?