The Ofcol Road and Pestilence of the Drykshre

Ithric

Sit down, have a pint, I've a story to tell you.  You see that smokebillowing in the sky to the west?  That there is the aftermath of the burning of the Drkshtyre Wood south of Val Miran.  Oh yes, they burned that damned diseased path of woods to the ground!  I had heard the Empire struck up a bargain with the Merchants in order to secure some sort of excellerant.  They had barrels and barrels of the stuff stock piled in the storehouse. 

tmp_25432-images(3)-120506212.jpg

That diseased wood had been causing the cities problems for yearsever since the Gor'gorak got infected by some strange lookin demon balls!  Well they sure did it now didn't they?  Done right pissed offthe Watchers and didn't even burn off all the pesitilence.  Now were gettin hammered by these raids which is damned bad for business it is!

Well now where was I.. oh yes, The Warmaster, Knight, and Tribunal formed a little war band and went to settin the blaze.  The earth started to shake and tremble as if she was quite upset with all of the ruccuss.  A chasm opened up from a shrine they found burried deep in them woods.  They called it the Shrine of Nature whatever that means?  Huge beasts began to pour out of that there hole and began attacking everyone in sight! 

tmp_25432-images(4)1826949276.jpg

You want another pint while I tell ya more?  All right you keep on drinkin and I'll keep on talkin then.  The war band eventually cut apath to that city of Ofcol and secure a pathway guarded by the War camp's own initiates.  They set up a supply route to Ofcol as theyhad been cut off from us for some time now.  Ole Diana was quite happy with the whole ordeal and even sent us some of that gold dragon mead they're famous for makin!   

The city guard has been drinkin and makin quite a ruccus about re-inforcing the old city of Ofcol in order to keep it from being cut off again.  All sorts of goblins been spotted transportin material to the woods like they're buildin some sort of road.  Who the hell knows what they got going on but if its good for business I say keepon it!  

tmp_25432-images(5)-2062937910.jpg

You want to help you say?  Well I been hearin all kinds of plansbeing cooked up about that starstone coffin and cleaning the rest of that disease out of the woods.  There also seems to be the troubles from the forest folk as they are mighty mad about the whole ordeal.  Who knows what the hell is goin on but if these raids keep up I'm shuttin down my damn tavern I tell you that!  Might take up some business at that new Loan Office the Merchant secured in ole Val Miran as part of their trade agreement.  I hear they been loanin all kinds of gold and currenty for them fancy cabals out.  Problem is they've been embargoed by the Empire bout some silly war with the Syndicate, but thats a story for another day...

• Like 1