The Professor

James

Hey, guys. I've been putting this off long enough. A group of us got started playing FL back in High School. The Professor (Jasmine) was one of them, she loved this game. One of the few people among us to continue playing. We actually gave all of ourselves a nickname based on Gilligan's Island. I'm the Skipper. She got called Professor because she was always reading about something new, and eager to tell you all about it whenever you had the time to talk. Well, she passed away at the end of last year due to complications of an automobile accident. I've tried to get her mother to give me the mounds of stuff she's written about FL, but her mother wanted to keep it for herself. Her mother has all her passwords and information, maybe she'll be willing to let go of some of it someday.

Since she cared so much about this community, I just wanted to let you know. 

Oh my god, I am so sorry to hear of this. She was a wonderful player and an amazing intellectual adversary for my characters. My heart goes out to you and her family.  I know that all of us are going to miss having her around, especially those close to her. If you would like any of her writings from here to remember her by, I am sure we can work something out. 

Again, you have my sincere condolences for your loss. She will be missed. 

• Implementor

That is indeed sad news. Her last character here, Dilorry, retired some time ago and she messaged us about the accident, saying she couldn't mud for some time but was looking forward to coming back once her health was restored. We even talked about her maybe taking over the Herald cabal.

My condolences to you and her family as well.

We'll set up a Dilorry statue or road in game, as a small way to remember her and the great role she played in this game, enriching this world for all of us with her rp.

Oh man she was Dilorry? Just the other day I wondered wtf happened to Dilorry. I thought she would never give up the playing her. Such a long standing and cool character....

I didn't know her nor have I interacted with her much, but it sucks when a life is taken by an accident. Just the other day myself and @the_nightmare were on a funeral of a very close friend of hours, whom we know for more than 20 years. Fell from a high while at work. Dude was 29 years old.

But shit happens in real life, just like in FL.

We would miss her great presence, cool character and the atmosphere she brought to the game, but the real sorrow will be for her closer friends and relatives.

My sincerest  condolences.

RIP Jasmine

Wow. That is terrible to hear. Not even sure what to say. She was definitely one of my favorite people to rp with. Across many years IRL years there was Dilorry, as well as other characters of course, but Dilorry I remember interacting with the most- hours and hours-, maybe even ranking with on one of my early characters. The Professor was a great writer. I never really talked much with her or knew her that well oocwise, but I'm sure she was an awesome person. She will be greatly missed indeed.

My sincerest condolences

I vote we do up a huge monument in the end city near the princess with a possible IG moment of silence for a las push.  Her last character, Dillory, was a huge advocate of the elf city and the princess.  I spent HOURS in the room near the princess RPing with her.  PHENOMINAL work, she's definitely been one of my IG role models for RP which taught me there's more to this game than just silent PK.  Send me a note with your ideas of what SHE would have been tickled to see IG.  I think she deserves our full support as we will all feel the loss in our own nerd way.  PS: I tried explaining this situation to my wife, she didn't get it at all, its nice to have a "family" her that does.  I love, and hate, all of you equally!

Archived