The Rules of Engagement

Kyzarius

6 hours ago, Kyzarius said:

these two are contradictory. 

So if its them defending, then oh they better not double team.

but if its you defending then hell, you better get to attack everyone you want without reprisal. 

Random annoying and fun stuff happening to you even across other characters.  so OOC reprisal... Mya really? 

2. Yes, if I'm retrieving I don't tolerate repeated tagging. I will retrieve even in 1vs3.
3. If I'm defending my standard from multiple opponents, trying to capture it, you can't expect me to just fight your buddy while you take the standard. I will go against multiple foes and I expect tagging but will not tolerate gangbanging (2 engaged on purpose at same time).

"Random annoying and fun stuff happening to you even across other characters.  so OOC reprisal... Mya really?  " - That's reputation. You can't expect my feelings about a character to simply change because I'm playing another, I'm human. If you are a clown to me, I will return the favor. Fair play is a privilege I gladly give to everyone until they show me they don't deserve it.

5 hours ago, Manual Labour said:

The moral of this thread is don't get on Mya's shit list.

My list has been empty for years. I can't even recall the last PC in it. Most of the cabal warfare I have been in, have been extremely honorable. I'm one of the most permissive players around. This days I just have PC preferred enemies/grudges due to RP things that don't overflow through the OOC bounderie.

Actually I just remembered my last list guy. Some undead app who inviz jumped destroying me at L15 with L30 armor,weapons and pets. I complained of the rule breaking, they got the Undead, so I was waiting for them always 1 rank above him. You know they know when they run to their pit to die. A shame the guy never made it to 50, it was an interesting combo, and I would quickly bored myself out of it. I'm a very nice player.

It's funny to see people's reactions to Mya transferring grudges across different chars. That's blatantly against the rules but people do it since it's very hard to prove.

I've had people ignore their cabal enemies just to go after a character of mine with whom they've had no previous interaction.

3 hours ago, f0xx said:

It's funny to see people's reactions to Mya transferring grudges across different chars. That's blatantly against the rules but people do it since it's very hard to prove.

I've had people ignore their cabal enemies just to go after a character of mine with whom they've had no previous interaction.

Yeah.  Same for me.  

While I will die to you, get looted.  Then run a gear trip with you on an alt.  All in the same day. 

2 hours ago, Kyzarius said:

Yeah.  Same for me.  

While I will die to you, get looted.  Then run a gear trip with you on an alt.  All in the same day. 

Isn't that kinda frustrating? Haha

Whenever I do that I always think, " How the hell am I ever gonna get this back on my other character if my alt has it! " 

The thing is I don't hold grudges.  Its just part of the game to die and lose your things.  

I know what you mean though.  I've helped someone gear, then fought them, and the satanic sleeves I helped them get nailed me with the visitation that killed me.

that was a dag-nabit moment lol. 

Every one of us do it to some extent. Just not on that level. For instance, how does your character know to get leggings from Kesrick? How does she know exactly where emerald forest is? How does he know who sells herbal brews?

Now of course this isn't really the same as holding grudges across characters haha. Just pointing out it is impossible not to use OOC influence and knowledge.

There is a lot of time investment into a character to have them how you want. Some folks get pretty upset when they have to start all over with nothing.

Especially if you play only a few hours a week. Spending any of that time having to get basic equipment so you can spend more time getting better equipment... I can see it being frustrating.

20 minutes ago, Zavero said:

There is a lot of time investment into a character to have them how you want. Some folks get pretty upset when they have to start all over with nothing.

Especially if you play only a few hours a week. Spending any of that time having to get basic equipment so you can spend more time getting better equipment... I can see it being frustrating.

There's the moderate tier for such people.

Archived