Halloween Madness

• Implementor

As promised...

Halloween Madness will be on port 1835 this year, while the main port will remain open for those who don't wish to participate. Please do your very BEST to ensure you don't login to the wrong port and create stupid character names - it would certainly make my halloween easier ;)

Some things to note for this Halloween Madness:

• ADVSELF allows you to advance to lvl 50, while giving you 100% in all of your skills, anatomies, and songs. This also sets your stats to max.
  • All races and class combos can be played, with any align, though align restrictions per race still exist (FGs are always evil, minotaurs are always neutral. But can play Paladins, or healers, or shamans)
  • Qraces and Qclasses can be chosen from the character creation menu. Have fun! (avatar and crusader unfortunately are not able to be chosen)
  • I've added an additional race just for Halloween Madness - please let me know what you think.
  • The 'group' command has been disabled. Sorry guys running around with 5 characters grouped up and scripted to one-round people. That's definitely not fun.
  • "OOC" command added so you can OOC talk to everyone.

Halloween Madness will end November 1st, sometime during the day. Whenever I wake up. So.. don't expect it to run very long after Halloween!

If you have any suggestions, just add them here, and I'll do my best to help you along.

• Like 3
  • Implementor

[Exits: north east south west (down)]                       
An army Staging Camp has been built here.                   
(12) A pumpkin sword lies here.                             
(42) A full set of pumpkin Halloween armor is here.         
( 9) A pumpkin knife lies here.                             
( 7) A pumpkin mace lies here.                              
(10) An exotic pumpkin weapon lies here.                    
( 7) A pumpkin staff lies here.

I can not believe I let you suck me in with a new race...:sorry:

I never play the Madness. However;

The new race is pretty cool. Major downsides will keep it from being overly popular. Strong RP potential. 

What are their normal classes available? Or is it all? 

Side note. Thanks to all of you. I got to read and see so many help files. I feel like I just started playing this game, so many things are clearer today.

• Like 1

@Fool_Hardy no worries, it sucked me in too. This time I ensured to at least log many of the help files I didn't last time because of it though.

It wouldn't be a bad thing to implement the race into the game now, assuming it would even be considered a serious race to implement. It was interesting to see them, and they'd make great mages/melee classes. 300exp penalty may have been a little low though considering autoflight and stats that were mostly above 20.

Must be a follower of the Greed Religion. The only problem with it being a quest race that I can see is that all other qraces we have all make sense from a fantasy perspective. Demons possess Humans, Vampires are created after Vampires biting Humans, Avatars are possessed by any devout follower of Life and Purity. Undeads and Liches are even Humans at one point, so how would they fit into that role? Would it be a new fantasy angle created through this game only that may pique others interest in playing the game who haven't before? Stone Giants who host a small egg within them and at some point the Dragon within burst out giving birth the the Dragon explaining why that individual acted the way they had? It may not be an actual race that's given any merit, but maybe adding in a few new races to the game would invite more people to play going forward.

That whore ancient dragon is behind a wall I can't get to. The few times I found someone willing to summon it out to me they couldn't find it. It has been quite annoying to try and gain it for that reason, and yes 'gold dragon' allowed me to summon it a couple times, but five times in the last week it hasn't been able to be summoned because they couldn't find it.

2 hours ago, Tantangel said:

Must be a follower of the Greed Religion. The only problem with it being a quest race that I can see is that all other qraces we have all make sense from a fantasy perspective. Demons possess Humans, Vampires are created after Vampires biting Humans, Avatars are possessed by any devout follower of Life and Purity. Undeads and Liches are even Humans at one point, so how would they fit into that role? Would it be a new fantasy angle created through this game only that may pique others interest in playing the game who haven't before? Stone Giants who host a small egg within them and at some point the Dragon within burst out giving birth the the Dragon explaining why that individual acted the way they had? It may not be an actual race that's given any merit, but maybe adding in a few new races to the game would invite more people to play going forward.

Remort into an entire newly named character or something. Make it a qclass instead.

I had that double vuln in game before.

@Lloth warned me not to do it.

Before the vulns said character would get rolled in 3-4 rounds. Unless I fled.

After the vuln, I never lasted three. Bash or bodyslam landing meant certain death.

Furthermore, certain mobs became impossibly difficult to beat.

This race however, had a few more perks, there was only one thing missing in my restring and the new race.

The tail.

• 11 months later...