HP loss/gain per round

Magick

Inspired by @Kyzarius's logs in which he shows hp change from round to round.

While this script isn't doing exactly what I want and how I want it, it is functional as is.
Pros are that it fires only in combat and only then if there's a change to your health.  You can tell if you lose (red) or gain (bright green) health at a glance, expressed in positive integers.
Current cons (in my eyes) are that any hp change out of combat is lumped together in the first round and you're shit outta luck if that bard song lands.

Snippet of my prompt and the pattern matched in green.  Adjust as necessary:

Magick: [===|===|---|---][50]
<300/600hp
600/600m 600/600mv>

<class name="Damage" id="64">
  <var name="HP" id="2287">590</var>
  <trigger priority="27265" prompt="true" id="2739">
    <pattern>~[%d~]$<(%d)/%dhp</pattern>
    <value><![CDATA[$HPNEW = %1
$HP = @HP
#ADD $HP -$HPNEW
#SWITCH ($HP > 0) {#CR:#SAY %ansi(red)<<<<LOST $HP HEALTH>>>>}
 ($HP < 0) {#CR:#SAY %ansi(bright,green)<<<<GAINED %abs($HP) HEALTH>>>>}
#VAR HP $HPNEW
</value>
  </trigger>
</class>

That's more or less what this does using local variables.  Essentially a temporary variable that is used and accessed only in that script block.

It takes the current prompt hp, adds the new to the stored hp in a local variable, displays the difference (if any) and stores the current.  I'm doubting there's an appreciable difference over thousands of firings between that and a pull-compare-ignore/display trigger.

Part of the reason it lumps all non-combat changes together is the way it fires.  It's set up that way as I feel that out of combat hp changes just feels spammy, especially if you're poisoned and it's displaying a 1hp loss per round.  I haven't found a happy medium or worked out a preferred way to display it yet.  So this works, with quirks.

I'd still love to see what you did with yours.  Part of the reason this forum exists is to bounce ideas off each other.  Perhaps improve on things.  Take what you've done and modify it to our personal preferences or to inspire something else which we might not have thought of before.