[CHANGE] The one about Nemesis

Erelei

• Implementor

Hot Change Date: 08/25/2019

A very particular nexus skill has been fixed to not allow out-of-range PK. Not sure how this has been overlooked for as long as it has, but kudos to all past Nexus Leaders for being swell people and not trying this :)

• Also fixed 'duplicate' for psionicists, which allowed 'spell level' modifications to allow for higher duplicate levels, which was unintended.

View full hot change

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Raargant said:

Doesn't it level-adjust though?  Lessens the pain a bit.  I -vaguely- recall getting hit by it nearly a decade ago and complaining (I was around level 40), and Viri basically saying 'don't piss off Nexus leaders' 😂

That's a typical Viri/Bryntryst response.

Nowadays if an IMM says something like that, even jokingly, there will be a dozen threads about how arrogant the IMMs are and how people are fed up with it and are leaving because of it.

• Like 1
  • Haha! 1

Wusses!  Viri's response rang true to me though; if you are a level 30/40 and only protected from being utterly crushed by the leader of the most evil, demonic organization in the world by divine providence (aka PK level protection), you PROBABLY shouldn't be pissing that person off.  To a certain extent, I'd even vote for making everyone killable by everyone, with VERY strict rules on higher-level people killing lower-level people without a very good reason, but that requires an extremely mature playerbase.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

If it is true like in the helpfiles -

1) Leaders MUST be top tier RP'ers as well as PK'ers

2) Leaders MUST show a certain degrees of class

Wouldn't it make sense to -

a) Trust them with skills that must be used with class

b) Allow them the skills that are may be questionable if can be used for RP

I think that max level characters who match those criterias should be allowed to punish mouthy little ones to some reasonable extent. I don't have much experience so I know I might not be correct, but I think it is a cool gimmick. 

• Like 2