What is your coolest memory in FL?

Ryl

Got me thinking and one time I had a slith thief who I was committed to mastering every skill with. So the time comes for me to master peek, and the only way I could think of doing that was to just look at a mob over and over again. 

So I run down to my clan hall in Rheydin and start looking at the guy over and over and over again.  After doing this about 50 times or so, Volgathras takes control of my guild master and asks me what the hell I am doing.

I proceed to tell him my plans and he tells me that's it's annoying and to go bother the ninja master with it. So I disguise myself, run over their and proceed to do it. He was one step ahead of me though and took control of the guard who proceeds to ask when the guild started allowing lizards into its ranks. I attempt to make up something but he doesnt believe me so he checks his log book and my name is not on there, que me attempting to talk my way out of it but no luck, the guards take me away and throw me in jail for impersonation of which my punishment was to be turned into a statue in the center of town for a few hours so that the birds could shit on me.

10/10 would recommend. This was before the time of RP points but i was granted a few thousand experience. Was a good time.

There are seriously far too many for me to give credence to one over the others. As I have lived so many lives with my FL family and I would not wish to leave anyone out.

A few favorites that come to mind.

Croyverns wedding (Good Drow to Watcher Healer)

Being sent to find the Faerie Feces Festival on Okuachi by Volgathras.

All 5 of Faulch's marriages.

Being swallowed by a dragon.

And of course gathering the best damn crew Aabahran had ever seen, the Privateers.

• Implementor
7 hours ago, Ryl said:

Could you please explain more?

It was a long time ago so my memory is probably flawed, but we were all Heralds. This was back when heralds were in everyone’s business and we were pumping out tomes like crazy. Merriwren was my character’s best friend and we would always wax philosophical about the world. Sereniel was a powerhouse and we’d always get into trouble. Cariousus captured and mangled her, ruining her hands so she couldn’t play music and slitting her throat (?) so she couldn’t sing. 

22 hours ago, Volgathras said:

It was a long time ago so my memory is probably flawed, but we were all Heralds. This was back when heralds were in everyone’s business and we were pumping out tomes like crazy. Merriwren was my character’s best friend and we would always wax philosophical about the world. Sereniel was a powerhouse and we’d always get into trouble. Cariousus captured and mangled her, ruining her hands so she couldn’t play music and slitting her throat (?) so she couldn’t sing. 

I remember these days. That trio was unbelievable. 

I still laugh about taking Isabeau's custom made flag of Val Miran and holding it ransom... That was funny.

Its funny when you look back they seems like Titan's some of the players who've graced us with their imagination and stories.

EDIT: Actually I'll honorably mention Acele here. Their roleplay was out of this world. As an immortal I'd just follow them around wizi'd. Even their solo RP was chilling, deep and memorable. Mmmmmmm....

• 1 month later...

Years ago, almost twenty... working with a faerie I believe was named Sylp to help start the first of whats become Merchants and with a group of dedicated players in forming of Hope. Back then I was a  slith warrior known as Zanatose… to think what's all changed in the past 15 years that I've been gone. One of my other best memories was winning my first PK fight against a certain vampire named Acaiti… was the one and only time I ever killed a vampire.

The three coolest things that happened to me were on my crusader, Heureush and my Lich Harasin and Thren, my Bard Herald Leader.

Heureush was involved in something with Shufei? (The other storm crusader around the same time) and I think an undead wannabe where we I think Anume? dropped the Queen of Blades on us and teleported us to zones where we had to fight off mobs.  It was an awesome RP experience (It may be in the RP log section).

Harasin's fun was found in Marak where I was experimenting on someone which caused an explosion (this was pre-lich).  Funny enough, Anume popped in and made a pink fluffy unicorn appear out of nowhere and start following me around.  (She then renamed my stone golem skill and had me summoning pink fluffy unicorns).  I was laughing so damn hard as even after Lich, having a fluffy pink unicorn killing people was hilarious.

Thren......man.....Greatest experience was when Volgathras decided I was having too much fun RPing with people and decided the shift the cosmos and have purple poop-flinging monkeys chase me around.  Man, that was about 2 hours of fun trying to get things back to normal with RP.  (I think I ended up being permanently stained purple too).

I remember one if my early Blademasters in nexus, I actually think he was the first one and people still didn't really know how to fight them. I just made V and made this elaborate RP to lure the E into the tombs so I could coup them. It was halarious.. Got the coup and was sweating so bad trying to get the final kill. I was then killing anyone and everything on the anniversary of that day IG calendar. 

I also loved the times when you wouldn't even PiNN a character because of all the wars you had while ranking.. man that must have been 20+ years ago. 

I would also have to agree that interacting with Acele on numerous occasions was gold. 

When there was thirty people on and it was a struggle to make it to your pinnacle.  You pkilled from 15 right to your peak and all was fair game.  Guys Like Covus  deadly shaman  Martinieus.....disgusting vampire......People fought for there standards  You got full looted and started again!  I remember enchanting Messalanthas stuff all the time and her giving me a head start when I had a bounty.  Suunmar destroying Warmasters.

Archived