Leilana Sunrose

Lexi

For anyone wondering what happened to her, my dad had been ill in cancer since last year and passed away in August, and I had to step away from the game.

/-----------------/\------------------------------------------------\
| Leilana         ||  the Executioner of the Order                  |
\-----------------/\------------------------------------------------/
| Str: 18(18)^4   || Level 50 Sex F          Age   315(556h)        |
| Int: 25(25)     || Class crusader          Size  medium           |
| Wis: 20(20)     || Race  elf               Align neutral good     |
| Dex: 23(23)^2   || Hp    1271/1326  (108%) Exp   40009/655591     |
| Con: 16(16)     || Mana   794/869   (100%) +Hit  34 (85%)         |
\ Lck: [|||||-]   \/ Move   496/497   (125%) +Dam  86               /
/-----------------/\--------------------/\--------------------------\
|     ARMOR       ||      SAVES         || Deity  The One God       |
| Slash  -399     || Spell       -39    || Faith  Church            |
| Pierce -395     || Afflictive   0     || Weight 276/425           |
| Blunt  -405     || Maledictive -20    || Items  35/44             |
| Magic  -395     || Mental       0     || Prac   5      Train 0    |
| Weapon low      || Breath      -8     || RP     103               |
|                 ||                    || Gold   17K    CP 7.0K    |
\-----------------\/--------------------\/--------------------------/
/ You are in the prime of your health.                              \
| You are on Crusade against Trolls                                 |
\-------------------------------------------------------------------/

This wasn't my final suit (swapped some of that damroll for extra hitroll), but close enough. Armourcraft is an underrated speciality, but damn, there were times I wished I'd gone weaponcrafter instead.

So. I dove into into this character head on and got so much out of the game. I met so many people that made her tenure exciting, both imms and mortal characters. Behead crusaders are in a peculiar situation where you have a nasty anti-melee build on an already anti-melee class. I felt a fair bit of frustration fighting Tenebris, Dezlo, and Ragnomar, and then on the other side of the spectrum some classes just roll over when messing with their defenses. Azan, Wynnethan, and Azhlahar put out some amazing roleplay that made it just a little bit extra fun to play this character. There were lot of other really fun interactions, but the list is long (I had five pages worth of rp logs) so I'd just forget names trying to mention them all.

Actually, Azravik deserves a special mention. The IC support my character got from you was outstanding. ❤️

To everyone that interacted with her: thank you. Aabahran is still a pretty cool place.

I am somewhat inspired to roll up something new, just trying to decide what to play. Hope to see you all in game soon. ☺️

To summarize Leilana's roleplay: she was a sick elf. My original inspiration was the romanticized nineteenth century view of consumption. John Keath's Ode to a Nightengale set the tone for her when I first thought up the concept (I don't actually read a bunch of poetry, but sometimes I see something that catches my attention). I made up own symptoms for a mysterious chronical disease and basically just went from there. It was a lot of fun because it let me approach some aspects of the game with a completely different roleplay than what I normally do. For example, I wrote up a mock application to the Paladin guild remorting as the adventurer class and submitted it as a journal entry. The coolest part about that was the imms actually took the time to write up a reply from the paladin guildmaster, dictating I get regular checkups from the healer guild etc. That's what I love about this game - the world just feels so responsive.

Although she was sick, the biggest trauma in her life was losing her family (a child, more specifically). That sort of permeated her entire identity. She felt guilt over what had happened, but found forgiveness in Faith. At the core of her belief was that if she could be forgiven for her failings, then surely, anyone could. Killing evil people would remove them from this world, but at the same time, it would also imperil their immortal souls. I tried to do some proselytizing but that sort of roleplay is hard to do good. Characters are set in their ways, and trying to change people like Dezlo, Azan, or Tenebris is a project in futility. I tried. Sometimes, at least.

I loved being a Knight, and then the Church arc started. I had such great plans for the future, but alas, we mortals plan, and fate mocks us.

Archived