Wth is with all these herbs.

Izzzzy

it is absolute BS that a melee can cast sanc with less penalty (mana cost/lag) than the actual spell.  Effectively re-sancing quicker than the caster can even get any advantage at all from landing a dispel. 

smoking in combat should be a round of lag  Or not allowed at all, OR have a chance to fumble.

Removing herbs across the board doesn't do anything but widen skill gap, and make life for new players less inviting. I remember when I struggled to kill the wight  (yesterday being a good example). While I wasn't a fan of me dispelling and them instantly resancing, I'm also not a fan of people struggling for basic protections in a game as unforgiving as FL can be

23 hours ago, Azravik said:

For the record. Lag was added to herbs. Most herbs are very low level, thus easy to dispel. The most successful PK characters in game currently are NOT melee. The story has two sides, the facts have only one.

yea a pathetic amount of lag.  they can still reapply sanctuary faster than someone can dispel THEN hit them.  often times resancing before the next round even happens with zero penalty to their own melee output. 

The lag is pretty pointless anyway - when you dispel someone you are typically then looking to push out damage quickly before they can flee / resanc.  As Herbs apply Sanc instantly when smoked, the lag afterwards is not really very punishing - you have already reduced the incoming spike damage.

Personally i just don't think Herbs should be smoked in combat, we already have pills that work in combat.  If we are keeping herbs in combat i'd give them the fumble chance, so there is actually a risk / downside to doing so.

I'm not sure what any of this has to do with psions specifically.

It is an issue for all casters.  Used to be a dispel was an advantage.

Being able to sanc with no lag in combat without any penalty was a massive tilt in the balance in the mud.  

I've fought people on a cleric, or bmg, who forgoe saves for hit/dam.  Then when you dispel them, as you should be able to in that circumstance, they just re-sanc over and over and over.  

Let a necro dispel and watch you get bashed/tripped to death by pets.

A whip warrior can entangle then void call your ass too. 

Any savant elder can dispel then ripple you...

I mean if you want to single out a class that gets an advantage from herbs not being used in combat, how about talk about them all.

The point is we talk about balancing melee and cc.  Yet seem to ignore how allowing for sanc mid combat with no real cost is a massive contributor to imbalance.

Oh and BTW if you dont spam things you can flee before that psion leashes you.  The other combos I mentioned can lock you down at the same time they dispel.

Archived