New to the forsaken lands?

Izzzzy

So given light to a few posts that I have read some people seem to be rage deleting for whatever reason.  I would like to give a post maybe helping newer players transitioning into regular players and perhaps give some suggestions on what they can do to get better and have a better experience in this great game.

Some things I remember doing when I was just figuring out the PK system and getting my ass handed to me was asking my cabal members to duel me.  I asked that they brought their A game and maybe gave me suggestions on what I did wrong.

You fought someone from your nemesis cabal and they handed you a beating.  Log the fight send it to the immortals and ask what you can do better.  I have found this was the best way to go about learning.  Once you have been given the information try to implement it.

Do not go getting yourself a God Suit that you can not get on your own.  It makes you a target for more experienced players leveling new characters to get dressed.  We all want to wear the best stuff, but you need to be able to know how to get it yourself and keep it.

Master everything...........I mean Everything that you use in fights.

Forsakenlands is dangerous but its also a forgiving place.  Its a great community and I am so glad to be back.

3 hours ago, Ulmusdorn said:

It takes a massive amount of trust to ask for help as you'll know what they play.

The prayer room door is always open too for any questions. I think we're pretty heplful?

Absolutely. Again though, sometimes I know that I myself have trouble asking for help, even though I should. :) Don't be like that other players, tap into the staff and ask for their guidance, it is part of why they are there. Never have I ever regretted asking for their help.

I cannot tell you the last time I have received or done a full loot. It's been years. I have beaten and taken more than a couple things from an opponent that I won against, and has consistently beaten me, but would you expect less? To this point, I think overall the pbase has matured on this front. However, I think there is something to be said of not being afraid of facing an opponent without having all the ideal gear for it.

One thing I would like to see added to the game is more upfront information on things. By that I mean, when you join a cabal, you should get a note explaining the basic mechanics such as pointing to help files to read, like raids or cabal outfit, etc.

I think there is still quite a bit that is veiled behind knowledge from experience on that end. Something I only re-discover when I go join a cabal I haven't for a long time, or play a qrace/class and I am trying to remember how to do that one thing I know I can do, but cannot remember the syntax for.

Archived