Halloween Madness

Venom

5 hours ago, sarcon said:

What? Madness is the best. You get to try everything. Test new combos and have fun with everyone. You also get to have real conversations and learn new things by sharing informations. I've never seen any negatives to it. 

I just don't enjoy the hyper aggressive random pk, and the inevitable gangs. I don't have fun in that kind of environment

Madness for me is just trying new things.  Its pretty much built for the Melees every year.  Here's a staff thats +30 +30 hit dam.  Here is some pumkin armor thats -30 save vs spell.  Go roll something.  PK wise I never really have fun on madness, but I really do love trying new mage things out and experimenting.

Would love to see maybe a Mage Robe next Madness.  -500 AC and +2 spell level.

You have escaped from the Forsaken Lands.
[GLADIATOR]: 'Amazon Bulls has left the fray.'
--- Disconnected on Friday, November 01, 2019, 11:08 PM ---
--- Connected for 0 days, 4 hours, 48 minutes, 32 seconds. ---

I enjoyed my rough 5 hours in HM. +5 @Kassieti

for asking me personal things and actually finding it what I might find nice? Well, goddamn @Kassieti you made me happy with that hockey stick. Goddamn. Heh, damn.

EDIT: If anyone asks, I was completely vanilla with WM+HM armor + few selectables (renamed as a (Glowing) A hockey stick with a penguin on it))  If this is still going on 12h after this, I might hop in. But it is generally shadow realm hours.

Also, a goddamn nice touch up there. I'd have thought I was beating on people in the FL hockey finals when this echo hit the realms:

A period buzzer can be heard throughout the lands.

Well, you can't please everyone, but you sure can please me. Balls to the wall combat with people pretty much wearing a gods suite each, or covering most of the basis is awesome. This is what it is all about. I love RP  and building on a character, but this.... right here... is my... swag...   Love the balls to the walls try to make it happen captain kinda ish. Try to set ups and explore different things. 

Love this ish! Now... let's get at it while it last! 

8 hours ago, sarcon said:

Well, you can't please everyone, but you sure can please me. Balls to the wall combat

I would enjoy real port FL more, if the gearing for PK was more like HM. I mean, you get your armor, a weapon and you are pretty much set. Cabal outfit to make it just right and GO! If you die, tough luck. You have to replace just those 1-3 rares you have gotten and then go at it again.

On real port you sit on your shinies, afraid to go in combat, because you might lose your shinies and you fight people in godsuits, that take no damage and flee at big nasty. Oh I'm one of these guys. Sorry.

tl;dr: Make PK less eq dependant. :)

Balls.

38 minutes ago, hotspring monkey said:

I would enjoy real port FL more, if the gearing for PK was more like HM. I mean, you get your armor, a weapon and you are pretty much set. Cabal outfit to make it just right and GO! If you die, tough luck. You have to replace just those 1-3 rares you have gotten and then go at it again.

On real port you sit on your shinies, afraid to go in combat, because you might lose your shinies and you fight people in godsuits, that take no damage and flee at big nasty. Oh I'm one of these guys. Sorry.

Balls.

Yes, my thoughts exactly. Make PK less eq dependent, please please please! :)

2 hours ago, hotspring monkey said:

Balls.

When me and hsm agree something is up lol.

Honestly I agree. Super rares and uniques should likely be just a bit better than the rares you can get solo. There shouldn't be a 250 ac, 20 saves, and 15 15 hit dam difference between eq. I'm also coming around to the idea that items that add resistance to anything shouldn't exist.there are so many abusable synergies with those items. Having a godsuit should be enjoyable but it should never be required. Remember when 3 vials, and a suit of tainted eq was pk ready? We all talk about the good ol days, but that's really what had changed. People are afraid of losing their eq to the point we have an outbreak of TDP syndrome.

8 hours ago, hotspring monkey said:

Balls.

I like this idea a lot. That's exactly what I love about HM -  You start of with your base, then just need a few pieces to get you to that next level. However, you can still handle your own via the base. If they could somehow introduce a new Tier to try and test that it would be great. Just like the have Moderate, Ruthless, Hardcore etc... They should introduce a KH mode, King of the hill mode. Where you only can carry 3 rares but you can autoEQ and get a default chestplate and a default weapon that has a great base. Just like CabalOutfit but beefier. 

I would 100% have one of these characters roaming around. 

6 minutes ago, sarcon said:

I like this idea a lot. That's exactly what I love about HM -  You start of with your base, then just need a few pieces to get you to that next level. However, you can still handle your own via the base. If they could somehow introduce a new Tier to try and test that it would be great. Just like the have Moderate, Ruthless, Hardcore etc... They should introduce a KH mode, King of the hill mode. Where you only can carry 3 rares but you can autoEQ and get a default chestplate and a default weapon that has a great base. Just like CabalOutfit but beefier. 

I would 100% have one of these characters roaming around. 

says the guy that got so decked I had to go get decked myself.  LOL

yeah I was running around with just cabal outfit and the pumpkin armor and weapon. and people were running around with the damn wheel from the monastery and adeptus stuff, plus more. Made it just silly that people were decked in madness to the point of where I would get destroyed worse here than on normal. Was fun though until that craziness happened.

Archived