Gluttanauch the Unholy Knight

Ali_gmud

Its time to put aside this character since he went from my primary to secondary character, in which I felt towards the end I just couldn't keep up the hours for rares and the cabal slot.
He was my first DK that I got past 10 hours of playtime at 50. I had great hopes for this character, he still had plenty of room for power increase but for the  most part I felt somewhat weak.
That's most likely balanced around the eventual accumulation of two level 10 malformed weapons, which I was very far from.

Thanks to @Volgathras for performing the brutal ritual of being a demon, which was executed quite well. I unfortunately suffered a big identity crisis for the character though, and that was partly
my fault. I tried to RP a scoundrel / treasure hunter / bandit lord. Based a lot of his style off the movie Solomon Kane, except possessed. But the way he was turned into a demon and being reborn
put me in an odd place. I made the mistake of trying to RP a man, who was possessed, so you'd only know he had his demons inside of him sporadically, and perhaps only if you met him. I should have 
foreseen that people were you just going to be like, "hello demon." right off the bat, without any interaction. So it began to suffocate the original identity I was enthusiastic about.

On top of that, It felt like there was something about demons everyone hates. They are the worst of the worse. As evil as can come. They're expected to be quite powerful. So when I was getting rekt by
certain characters, they'd just mock you.. On top of that, there is DK players. It felt like whatever I did, was going to be considered trashy. I got a few kills, and it resulted in complaints, even though they
were legit kills, I still got a bit of hate. ON TOP of that, I was in Syndicate. Which is obviously a very insistent and forced to hunt players down. Which players I found were too fond of. So I felt like I had
three negatives, and here comes the small violin tune, nobody wanted to RP with him. Except for Subjugant.

Feedback

The artificer perk felt like it offered very little, or nothing at all.
DK's mana game is awful between charm person and unholy strength. Such a small window. I don't think I would have lasted half as long, if it wasn't for that mana edge, which balanced out all my headaches.

I loved this character but I too noticed he was created during a time of turmoil and a lot of the issue would be playing it how it is supposed to be played and how people would not take kindly to that. Demon DK basically begs the player to screw over a fair few other folks to climb its power tree. Well done, I think Gluttanauch was scary as hell, but that can make for a lonely life. 

17 hours ago, tassinvegeta said:

We had some fun fights. A very razor edged one near the Sunken ship where you won after just getting to 50 ;) Not everyone can get into the state of mind to play a DK so don't beat yourself up over it. 

I have this log on my computer. You want me to post it so you can see how truly lucky I got in the end? That was my biggest adrenaline surge moment from this game I've had in a while, that caused me to get pins and needles in my fingers to the point where it nearly got me killed by my own charmie at the end.

15 hours ago, Ali_gmud said:

I have this log on my computer. You want me to post it so you can see how truly lucky I got in the end? That was my biggest adrenaline surge moment from this game I've had in a while, that caused me to get pins and needles in my fingers to the point where it nearly got me killed by my own charmie at the end.

Sure you can post it. I'm not salty anymore lol. Good to know you got that feeling too, your character seemed so fearless. 

Archived