Mushmurok

kamikazi

This is what he does. I had a feeling that was his character. He comes in with the fury, kicks some butt, has amazing grit and heart... then something might not go his way and he does this. I really hope to see you back man, you are a trooper and have a great fighting spirit in game. 

Three silly deaths in a row put the nail in the coffin. Especially the one against a ninja, where I was wearing weapons the ninja doesn't know, him wearing a sword I DO know, and all he had to do to win the fight was dirt kick. Or maybe the death, coming after a full first shot dispel and 3 rounded by a necro? Or maybe it was the fight against the druid..who is actively outmeleeing my ranger and dealing caps damage trough sanc without enhanced damage...Not sure.. Take your pick.

Even if I wasnt pk rusty, the things I mentioned are balance issues that have been overlooked for ages. Nothing I couldve done differently to change the outcome of these fights. So, I d rather not waste my time playing, when the staff obviously sees no problem with the way things are. But the problems are there...trust me. 

• Immortal
2 minutes ago, Trick said:

If I may ask, is this a balance issue with werebeast, wolf specifically, rangers or something else you were fighting?

Just 'werebeast druid' was all that was mentioned. If you all want to turn this into a debate be careful so we don't have to lock another 'goodbye' thread. I really don't like locking those, it makes me sad.

To elaborate... 

First balance issue - transformed werebeast druids in general, landing six attacks per round for caps damage trough sanc, without enhanced dmg. 

Second balance issue - necros with their army, reliably full dispelling everyone, and just acid blasting. In my opinion, a mage with the necro output, should not have dispel magic. 

Thirs balance issue - ninjas/ferals. A ninja is a rogue... And these rogues outmelee warriors and rangers with only a dirt kick.

Will not bother going into further detail, cause the only thing I ever get told is show logs, and I dont log. I feel like everything I say is met with "no, you just suck, show logs, or go away" mentality. 

• Implementor

It's not so much that "you suck, show logs".  It's not that you're not believed.  It's so there's context in what you're saying; that there's a lot more information in a log.
Information that can be acted on instead of "trust me".

When you don't post logs, we miss out on information such as:
What kind of caps damage are they doing?  It's it the odd mutilate but mostly maims/devastates or is it consistent mangles?
Is it due to certain skills?
Where are you fighting?  What combo are you fighting?
What are they wearing?  What are you wearing?  Which weapons are in use?
What saves do you have?  Because face it, if you have little to none, you're going to be dispelled.  Reliably.
What spells do you have up?  What spells to they have up?  Haste?  Frenzy?  Protection?  Greenheart?
Did sanc drop and you thought it was up?
Are there any other factors involved that may need addressing?

So yes, we can play 20 questions and get there in the end.  An unlikely scenario.
Or you can post a log and let it do the talking.  You say you're not going to bother to go into detail, but it's the details that gets things changed.

You can easily figure evwrything I said out by snooping mentioned things and combos. You dont need my logs. Thing is, you wouldnt bother, cause at the end I will turn out to be right and you guys wrong, which would not speak good for the staff. So, the easiest way to deal with the issue is to tell someone who doesn't log, to post loga, or otherwise shut it and keep on dying to unbalanced stuff. I chose option 3 - dont bother playing a broken game. 

• Immortal
41 minutes ago, kamikazi said:

To elaborate... 

First balance issue - transformed werebeast druids in general, landing six attacks per round for caps damage trough sanc, without enhanced dmg.

I have never seen that. Which is why I wanted to see your logs. It's not that I think you're telling a lie, it's more that I want to see proof.

42 minutes ago, kamikazi said:

Second balance issue - necros with their army, reliably full dispelling everyone, and just acid blasting. In my opinion, a mage with the necro output, should not have dispel magic.

This is actually under discussion. Read the forums. There's a lot of input here. However, we as the staff get stuck in a spot where if we make a reactive change, we get accused of just changing things all willy nilly (yeah I said willy nilly.) And then if we wait for more logs, and watch fights, we get accused of taking too long. Apparently we as a volunteer staff have not found the sweet middle ground spot. My apologies to you if it is causing you distress. However, see above post where if this game is causing you stress or you aren't having fun it's not worth playing.

45 minutes ago, kamikazi said:

Thirs balance issue - ninjas/ferals. A ninja is a rogue... And these rogues outmelee warriors and rangers with only a dirt kick.

Man you're right. But I don't know if it's a balance issue. Feral ninjas have a SUPER strong potential. However, from my experience I've seen maybe one out of every six or seven feral ninjas actually be successful. Much like ogre warriors or fire giant warriors. They have a crazy high potential, but not every one you see makes you pee your pants like Thulgan, or back in the day when Despiser played FG warriors.

7 minutes ago, kamikazi said:

You can easily figure evwrything I said out by snooping mentioned things and combos. You dont need my logs. Thing is, you wouldnt bother, cause at the end I will turn out to be right and you guys wrong, which would not speak good for the staff. So, the easiest way to deal with the issue is to tell someone who doesn't log, to post loga, or otherwise shut it and keep on dying to unbalanced stuff. I chose option 3 - dont bother playing a broken game. 

Yes. We could easily figure out everything you said by snooping mentioned things and combos. However, that's not a feasible solution. Not every time that I'm online, and am not doing other things, and have time to snoop a necro, is said necro actually pk'ing someone.  Which is why we ask for logs. We don't 'deal' with the issue by telling you to post logs. We deal with the issue by seeing things you have experienced that we have not seen. So, we work on things that there are logs of. What is my better choice as far as spending time on things that need work? Any player saying 'I got hit too hard by a class that shouldn't hit so hard,' but not having a log to back it up...or working on a remort quest class that got beat by a monk wearing a dagger that we have a log of? I'm going to go with the scenario where we have a log.

I don't want to insult you guya, or claim you aren't doing your job, which you do volunteerly, but there are things that are outright nasty and you turn a blind eye to them and wait for the recent discussion to die out. That is not the right way to run things, but who am I to teach you how to run your game... As i said... Enjoy it while there are still those 5 addicted people that would still play no matter what they encounter. 

A lot of this distress could be alleviated by the Staff letting the players know when things are being looked at.

I have personally posted on several issues that don't seem to have any posts in the thread, but then later I find out through casually talking to @Anume or @Rygothran that there were a lot of posts made that were @Immortals only. 

Knowing that discussion is happening lets us, as players, know that the Staff is looking into or, at the very least, discussing it. We don't feel ignored and we are less likely to vent publicly. The trade off with this is us asking for a verdict or bumping the thread, but its kind of a one or the other. Feel ignored or run the risk of annoying the Staff. Six in one, half a dozen in the other really.

Just my 2cents.

• Implementor

I have no problem with anyone bumping a thread politely asking if the topic is still under discussion or not if let's say a week has passed. Many things will take time as we need to have a look at as many logs as we can to decide if the problem is class specific, combi specific or player specific and then to decide if it needs to be tuned or not. If we reacted instantly to any complaint we get, three quarters of the classes in fl would be toned down to be completely unplayable by now. So yes, we usually do look at things that are brought up, but you are not likely to see an immediate change.

Do we think that a "We're currently looking at these issues" read-only thread could be useful? Doesn't have to be in any kind of priority order or have a resolution deadline, just a thread states something like...

Potential Issues Currently Under Investigation

• Dispel magic potency and utilization
  • Feral ninja melee damage output
  • Transformed werebeast melee output

(based purely on the issues raised in this thread)

This would serve several purposes. First and foremost, it lets players that are reporting issues feel like they're being heard. And second, it lets other players know that something might be up and can include a call for additional relevant logs to be posted to prayer forum. That way players that interact with these issues (for better or worse) that might not necessarily consider them "broken" enough to take to the prayer forum know that possible changes are being considered.

Archived