I think I figured it out..

sarcon

I've never con died a character ever before. I also find it hard at times to keep a character going for a long time. I usually have these 1-3 month burst and then fizzle out. I try to create appealing plots and arcs to keep me interested but a lot of times the fizzle out. However, I think for the first time I figured out how to keep myself excited and driven. 

For the first time I've actually created a History for a Character that is like my own life, the things that I've experienced, the things that molded me as a person. I find myself now excited to tell my own story to myself, but the FL way. I can use my own upbringing, my own childhood and what I've experienced and splash that FL perspective to it. 

I find I'm literally excited to write suddenly, which I haven't been for a while. I find that I really want to take the time to outline some of the major things I've experienced in life and translate them to how that would have been, if I was in the FL world. It's kind of really exciting and probably, this will be the first time I con death a character. I actually want to play them out like it was me. I can't believe I've never done this. I 've lived and absolutely crazy life with more than enough content to easily fuel a character, yet I've never done it before. 

You can't obviously write an exact copy of it, but you can use some major elements and situations that help mold you as the person you are, then obviously use whatever happens to you in FL as more groundwork to explore how you would act and feel in that world. Dam, I can't believe after 20+ years of playing I've never thought of this, which I'm sure many of you might have already tried. Well, here goes to outlining my own past, and key moments that made me and really dive into FL as ME! 

I finally got the spark again... I'm really going to put effort into this one. Happy hunting folks. 

Archived