Eq Changes

Izzzzy

I am loving the fact that as the lands change.  So to do the needs of my armor.  I love how its hard now just to stack one thing and balance others.  I find myself in a situation with my character where I am going to be forced to make changes to things I may not want to let go of.  It really does change things as the game goes on and I love it.

Keep rocking FL.

Great job IMMS

Same here. I feel like more items should be norem/nouncurse though. Back brace, boots of stomping, helm of spell turning, orb of betrayal, ring of abyss etc. Feel like its the best way of balancing out powerful items everyone wants by taking away the flexibility in being prepared for all matchups. Plus you won't feel like deleting when a thief jacks and logs off with an item you waited months to get and hours to obtain. 

Time invested versus compensation is a much more valuable commodity these days.

2 hours ago, Lloth said:

To be fair, if items like those had the extra flags for noremove/nouncurse, they'd lose a good chunk of the stats that make them so desired. 

I see what tass is trying saying though.  I think its a good idea.  Means someone is forced to permanently wear the item not allowing you to swap it out for situations.  Lord Stetson helm/Helm turning.  Gotta decide which to wear as it can't come off.  Something that is bothering me is looking at indestructible Heralds that have a no PK flag (noble thing)  Hording things that they never use for anything.  Why Heralds need these things are a mystery.  I kinda feel like the church Idea where there weapons and armors are Cabal only should be a Herald thing.  I don't think we have enough players to warrant a new cabal.  Still got nothing but love for the Idea @Lloth

3 minutes ago, Lloth said:

I understand that, I'm just saying that the Stetson, for instance, would have worse stats with those flags, and would therefore not be as desired. If it had, say, 3 less combined hit/dam, and was noremove/nouncurse, would anyone wear it?

I don't see why it'd need to loose that.  So what thiefs can't steal it.  Get rid of pry all together.  I'm tired of logging off when I see a thief.  keep swap.  Have the item thats swapped go to inventory.  Get rid of steal.  Give thiefs an extra minor defense.

2 hours ago, Lloth said:

To be fair, if items like those had the extra flags for noremove/nouncurse, they'd lose a good chunk of the stats that make them so desired. 

Weapons with noremove get two fewer points.  Armor doesn't get penalized, so that stetson example is par for the course.

Nouncurse will give a point, making it more buff.

• Immortal
3 hours ago, Iznazti said:

I don't see why it'd need to loose that.  So what thiefs can't steal it.  Get rid of pry all together.  I'm tired of logging off when I see a thief.  keep swap.  Have the item thats swapped go to inventory.  Get rid of steal.  Give thiefs an extra minor defense.

Nope.

@Iznazti Just an FYI, You could always just, I don't know, ASK the Herald in question about said item. 99.999% of the time I've ever been asked about certain things, I give a straight forward answer on it, and I think that Herald should get EQ that's comparable to those high end items. Unless a Herald is studied and assassinated by a Ninja though, once they're Trusted, you most likely wouldn't come close to killing them, hence the whole asking things first. Since you know, two people have asked me for things and I just traded them out. I can't remove three pieces though of my EQ so I tried only playing minimally last month and still managed to keep my rares. I thought for sure I didn't meet the minimum requirement, but it may be a bug with two possible means of achieving the said hours without actually playing them.

@Iznazti

I'll let you in on a secret:

Object 'orb shimmering fear yellow eye !8208!' is type armor, material glass.
Extra flags: glow hum nodrop noremove nonmetal nolocate USABLE burnproof.
Weight is 0, value is 1, level is 51.
Armor class is 5 pierce, 3 bash, 6 slash, and 7 vs. magic.
Affects hitroll by 4.
Affects mana by 30.
Affects spelllvl by 1.
Affects hp by -10.
Unique item.
You have a vague feeling this item can be used somehow.

If you notice it has a flag of nolocate. Fear is also Fear so you can't mistake the real one for my violet veil that I renamed in 2018. I've given away a Stetson after I was asked for it in return of a Cowl. I've also given bandages up and just wore my renamed Violet Veil. Like I said, you should ask sometimes, it doesn't hurt. If you want me to prove that for you IG, I'll gladly do so because I've had to do so a few times in the past because apparently no one realizes it can't be located. Nor anything that the Gor'gorak drops. I haven't actually had the Orb of Fear since December 2018 which I decided to take a hiatus and I was purged and didn't log in again until a couple months after that and decided to go Herald.

I've located and know who has this item.  Thanks though.  I'm not hating on you.  Just saying Rp wise killing a herald just makes no sense.

Make PK make sense rp wise.  Or then those of us that like to pk are just forced into a corner of I killed you because I could. I'd love to RP IN GAME.  what I don't want to do is want to write 30 journals of how strong I am only to get killed by the first person I try to PK.

Its not my job to balance the game.  Wanna Write stories of how bad ass you are.  FUCKING PROVE IT.

Not my job to help you prove it.  It's my job to disprove it.  WAKE UP.  GET GUD

1 minute ago, Tantangel said:

@Iznazti You can't locate the Orb of Fear. Not even by Cabal Healers. It's nolocate. You have to physically look at each character IG to know who has it or not. It's definitely not a Herald who has this item. The last one I saw was worn by a Demon Necromancer Syndicate. Who has it now is beyond my own knowledge.

I've been watching UFC and getting smashed all night.  I am not equipped for this convo.

@Iznazti Sober up, then come back to the forum so you can see the difference between them.

My restringed item

Object 'violet veil the Orb of Fear' is type armor, material silk.
Extra flags: magic nonmetal.
Weight is 0.5, value is 998, level is 15.
Armor class is 4 pierce, 3 bash, 6 slash, and 12 vs. magic.
Affects con by 1.
Affects luck by 1.
Affects ac by -10.
Affects dex by 1.

versus the real Orb of Fear

Object 'orb shimmering fear yellow eye !8208!' is type armor, material glass.
Extra flags: glow hum nodrop noremove nonmetal nolocate USABLE burnproof.
Weight is 0, value is 1, level is 51.
Armor class is 5 pierce, 3 bash, 6 slash, and 7 vs. magic.
Affects hitroll by 4.
Affects mana by 30.
Affects spelllvl by 1.
Affects hp by -10.
Unique item.
You have a vague feeling this item can be used somehow.

That just means you'll have an easier time killing them, not all classes can steal though or even pilfer. If they know what they're doing, the only duck there is the person  who started it all. Killing a Herald isn't taboo. It's been stated several times if they wish the EQ, they bring on the heat themselves. There's always the bounty system too. If you ask first though and actually initiate RP, sometimes it goes better in the long run rather than immediately jumping them for EQ that you want, because in most cases you better hope you're Evil or it's probably going to be very questionable to back it up with any form of RP unless they're talking shit to you.

Any mechanic that has the innate defense of logging off, is a bad mechanic.

NO ONE in this game enjoys having their things stolen by a thief especially if that thief has zero intentions of fighting. I constantly got hate via Discord as my thief for stealing equipment, backpacks, and consumables, but that's how a thief debuffs their opponent - whittle their armor down until you can win the fight. I think its a bad, archaic mechanic that needs to be replaced with a debuff skill following a blackjack. 

It takes too long to implement that tactic as is, anyways. Blackjack, approach, pry/plant, steal, set traps, and backstab all in two ticks? Mmhmm. I'd rather play as and fight against a thief that has a debuff skill. 

Just my 2c. 

I am of the opinion that the thief class shouldn't exist. It should get reworked to be a rogue with pry and steal replaced. Leave plant so they can plant items but make the items they replace with plant move into the victim's inventory.

There are some clever ideas that can be implemented to make the class enjoyable to the player and the victims. Right now it doesn't appear enjoyable to anyone involved.

Thieves exist as a mechanic much like assassinate. A balancing tool that can overcome a characters strength to kill or weaken the unkillable. 

As these systems have been reduced or made less effective, the unkillable problem has become more pronounced. Removing or changing the thieves kit prior to addressing the unkillable problem isn't wise IMHO.

19 minutes ago, Wade said:

Thieves exist as a mechanic much like assassinate. A balancing tool that can overcome a characters strength to kill or weaken the unkillable. 

As these systems have been reduced or made less effective, the unkillable problem has become more pronounced. Removing or changing the thieves kit prior to addressing the unkillable problem isn't wise IMHO.

The people that are being affected by this “balancing mechanic” aren’t the “unkillables”. 

Those characters know how to fend off a thief or avoid one. They just sit far away or use the ultimate survival strategy and just log off. 

Archived