[CHANGE] Strong Mind Edge

Erelei

so was strong mind giving obscene mind?  I am not sure what was changed?  I hate when a change log is just vague.  Did it hinder a casters spell level?  Is it just how much mana you gained?

Might as well just post "We made a change that we thought should be changed."

Edited by Iznazti

Nope, I don’t, but when the pbase presents a case for something and it’s addressed with a favorable outcome(for most), then I consider it a positive change.

Strong Mind was a tad too much and was making combos that had to worry about their mana, not have to. Essentially giving them a relatively cheap way to circumvent their downfalls.

Personally, I think RP requirements for all of these edges needs to be raised.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Trick said:

Personally, I think RP requirements for all of these edges needs to be raised.

Or Rp points could be awarded for actually RP.  Like in game interactions/Notes that have to do with your character that affects OTHERS.  Not storries that you just write to tell a story that nobody will know about that's not an immortal.  How a Journal has anything to do with RP makes little sense.

Your thoughts on how you feel today have rewarded you 3 RP points in that journal.  There is nothing wrong with writing for your character.  Some are better then it then others.  You can write 5 journals a day get awarded 50 rp points, but did you really enrich another character with your journal?  Did that journal make someone want to log back on again and role play some more?  If both of those questions are yes, Then the RP points are merited.

Edited by Iznazti

It comes down to character development doesn’t it?

Journals of substance can be seen as incredible tools for character development or they are cheap ways to improve PK capability.

IG RP and logs should and ARE given more RP than journals in most cases. Some of us are better at RP interaction and some are better at journals. It’s been said that I am on the latter end of that. I excel at story telling, but have some room to improve on my fluid RP. 

As long as the journal OR IG interaction furthers the RP of one or more characters, I am all for it. Raising then minimum requirement will only benefit those that are doing it for the right reasons, in my opinion.

7 hours ago, Iznazti said:

Or Rp points could be awarded for actually RP.  Like in game interactions/Notes that have to do with your character that affects OTHERS.  Not storries that you just write to tell a story that nobody will know about that's not an immortal.  How a Journal has anything to do with RP makes little sense.

There's a staggering difference between the amount of RP points given for Journals and those given for RP Logs and Notes.  If you took a journal and a note of the same length and same quality, you will get more points for the note.  Same with RP Logs, which seem to be the most valuable thing.

13 hours ago, Trick said:

IG RP and logs should and ARE given more RP than journals in most cases. Some of us are better at RP interaction and some are better at journals. It’s been said that I am on the latter end of that. I excel at story telling, but have some room to improve on my fluid RP.

Perhaps this post can be moved to it's own post as its taken on a life of it's own? @Immortals I totally agree that story telling is a great way to "SHOW"  who your character is and where it came from.  I for one love when I'm involved in a character that I like and start writing stories.  I just don't think you should be awarded (so many) RP points for things that no on else gets to see.

This maybe just my take on it, but if it didn't help the mud keep players logged on and OFF their note pads then I don't think I should have such a high reward.  We reward people to NOT log in.  I don't think this is a smart way to run a game in my opinion.  I think IN GAME role play can be utalized to TELL YOUR STORY.  Keeping you logged on and enriching the experience of the other people enjoying the game.

Something that may be cool is if when you wrote a journal it went into a play where everyone could sit and read them IN GAME.  They'd be completely anonymous, and the realms could see the hard work others have been doing.

Edited by Iznazti