Ragnomar Wolfmaw the Red-Handed Sorcerer, Master of the Tower

Chief

[50 H-Orc Cle] <PK> [SAVANT] (Hourglass [L]) Ragnomar Wolfmaw the Red-Handed Sorcerer, Master of the Tower

/-----------------\/------------------------------------------------\
| Ragnomar        || Time Lord of TEMPORUM                          |
\-----------------/\------------------------------------------------/
| Str: 19(19)^16  || Level 50 Sex M          Age   202(763h)        |
| Int: 18(18)^1   || Class cleric            Size  large            |
| Wis: 21(21)     || Race  H-Orc(feral)      Align chaotic evil     |
| Dex: 24(24)^2   || Hp    1128/1133  (120%) Exp   35789/534011     |
| Con: 20(20)^4   || Mana   791/1005  (100%) +Hit  52 (73%)         |
\ Lck: [||||||]   \/ Move   554/559   (100%) +Dam  60               /
/-----------------/\--------------------/\--------------------------\
|     ARMOR       ||      SAVES         || Deity  Anume             |
| Slash  -588     || Spell       -19    || Faith  Necropsy          |
| Pierce -608     || Afflictive  -23    || Weight 423/450           |
| Blunt  -605     || Maledictive -7     || Items  39/46             |
| Magic  -612     || Mental      -5     || Prac   4      Train 0    |
|                 || Breath      -9     || RP     162               |
|                 ||                    || Gold   61K    CP 5.1K    |
\-----------------\/--------------------\/--------------------------/
/ You are in the prime of your health.                              \
| You are ready for a cabal promotion.                              |
\-------------------------------------------------------------------/

834600383_Itsdone.jpg.e83d1b0ea62b8a544e44b72f7dcc6643.jpg

I believe someone told me on my last delete thread that I had to make a character in the opposite cabal so this was my go at it. This character was filled with a ton of highs and lows and with Warmaster now emptied, it seems like the right time to throw in the towel. 

I rolled up in March 2019 and experienced a lot of characters come and go along the way. I started with Tempirion, had to survive Lloth and now the fresh face of Gifnab, he gives me hope that Savant should have a bright future. 

I was coming into my stride when Anume’s chosen death plot begun and I considered applying for it however you had to leave your cabal and I was enjoying where I was at the time so decided against it. Turns out they all wanted to kill me and the plot was to steal the Tower because Lloth fucked with one of Wade’s undead characters and made him human which Anume couldn’t forgive. 

The chosen succeeded with their ritual and Anume was able to snatch the Tower away. That was a difficult time for Ragnomar, Subjugant and the other Savants at the time. We had no cabal to use any services and the cabal warfare part of the game was cut off basically. Once Warmaster caught wind of it, they just took back every piece of land we had recently fought back to obtain and we couldn’t do a thing about it, it was a little draining, I know Subjugant felt the same way. 

It was around this time we had a lot of enemies (rightly so as we killed a lot of players and they wanted our blood). At one point someone put a real life monetary bounty on my character as they were frustrated with me hah. 

Azan who was the Leader of Nexus somehow got our Tower back from Anume and plunged it into the Landfill as a big middle finger pretty much which I found quite amusing, cabal warfare started up again and the dynamic had changed fighting in new locations. Over this time, we had a bunch of new Savants come and go, Puerliaug, Glimmick, Subjugant, all great character's help move the Tower again and plopped it inside Val Miran. All those characters brought so much craziness, there were Goblins spawning out of the mana pools, being unminded by a nexus beholder so we tried to fix them and just ended up killing them and raised them as mindless zombie help. Glimmick used Goblin Ballons to make the Tower float which are still attached today as a tribute to him. 

We got stuck there for quite some time whilst characters moved on and the plot stalled for a bit. Last month I finally achieved our goal in moving it the last time and settled for the Temple of Syreb to finish it off. This is just a brief synopsis, there was so much more that I simply could not cover without writing a novel. Thank you Anume for finishing that before I deleted! 

Ragnomar has a hidden RP room that you may stumble across one day, it is a tribute to both my character and Subjugant’s RP. 

There are so many characters that were a blast to play with and that list is far too exhaustive, so if you are not mentioned, I apologise. 

As for me, I will be taking a sabbatical from playing any more characters, this game is quite time consuming and I need to devote that time to some upcoming work commitments. I will still troll the Discord and shoot the breeze when I can.

Considering how long the character has been around is a feat unto itself. I never really got to talk to him which is surprising considering the longevity, but from what I did see it was all grand and a well played character overall. It does not surprise me you're taking time off, this game does indeed take a lot of time sometimes, especially if you add RP to the mix and add in other players. I'm hoping I'll trip over the room sometime, I like finding those types of rooms.

I fought you so many times it was getting sickening.  You were the only one Belsoqse wanted to actually kill, but we never got into it.  You were also the only one who pierced Ihreraeh's armor when I had my full suit completed.  Gratz on the longevity and accomplishments.  Enjoy the time off as well.  It's more refreshing when you come back.

I liked Ragnomar. Even if it didn't seem that way in game. We had a few bumps along the way, but eventually you earned Lloth's trust (as much as anyone could, especially a filthy Anume worshipper). Sad to see you go. See ya round discord.

I don’t accept your resignation. Where am I going to find a new secretary at this late juncture?

In all seriousness, I commend you for your dedication, your skill, and your humor. As a latecomer in Ragnomar’s life, I could feel the energy waning. I did attempt to give you some new tasks that may have been meaningful and helped logging on not feel like a chore, but after such a long road with your character I can understand (and not be too, too hurt) that they didn’t do the trick. Truly an epic character and an anchor in the Tower’s history.

Be well, Chief. May the road rise up to meet you — and may it also not forget to bring you back home sooner rather than later.

Spoiler

Probably one of the best characters I've ever fought.  So dedicated to the trap and so tough to pin down.  I had a blast with you as Puerilaug.  I had a blast trying to kill you with Ziviz.  All around the RP was awesome.  I legit had to sacrifice legs and arms when I would be playing so you couldn't find me.  Truly Epic.  Well done.

I thought you deserved Leader when I was in Savant and also Syndi.  Hall of famer for sure.

Wow. What a fucking character. 

Ragnomar was one of two Savant I ever feared. Azun was the other. I fought you across a few characters and I don't think I ever actually died to you, but thoroughly got stomped. I rolled Akaahrit as a shot in the dark to test out barbarian trophies and it turns out -25svs and magic resist went a long way when fighting you. Being overpowered and broken as hell really helped in out fights, lol.

You played as one of the most cautious and well prepared PKers I'd ever faced. Any disadvantage and you'd immediately reset and regroup. It was frustrating on my end, but brilliant as a PKer. I can't commend you enough on your success. If half the PBase would prepare and fight as you did, we'd see a lot more characters moving up. Take note everyone. This is how you do it.

I will say I didn't feel your RP as much as I would have liked. That's probably because I wasn't heavily involved in anything you were doing, but I wish I had been. Whenever a character reaches your caliber of PK and cabal position, I always hope to feel their villainy or heroism, depending on their align. I didn't get that as much as I would have preferred, but that's a personal taste.

Outstanding. I can't wait to see the impact on the cabal you roll for next!!

Archived