[50 Volod (H-Dro) Bar] [STALKER High Guardian(L)] <PK> (Sacred Oak [L]) [Female] (WANTED) Sylvala the Chosen Slayer of Gaia, Herald of Her Wrath

EllaThePuppy

/-----------------\/------------------------------------------------\
| Sylvala         || High Guardian of STALKER                       |
\-----------------/\------------------------------------------------/
| Str: 19(18)     || Level 50 Sex F          Age   79(226h)         |
| Int: 20(20)     || Class bard              Size  medium           |
| Wis: 21(21)     || Race  Volod(half-drow)  Align chaotic neutral  |
| Dex: 23(23)^2   || Hp    1175/1175  (100%) Exp   42660/541940     |
| Con: 18(19)^3   || Mana  1023/1023  (100%) +Hit  51 (74%)         |
\ Lck: [||||||]   \/ Move   473/486   ( 95%) +Dam  42               /
/-----------------/\--------------------/\--------------------------\
|     ARMOR       ||      SAVES         || Deity  Ulmusdorn         |
| Slash  -486     || Spell       -43    || Faith  Nature            |
| Pierce -488     || Afflictive  -26    || Weight 317/325           |
| Blunt  -490     || Maledictive -10    || Items  28/44             |
| Magic  -470     || Mental      -8     || Prac   0      Train 0    |
|                 || Breath      -12    || RP     135               |
|                 ||                    || Gold   56K    CP 3.1K    |
\-----------------\/--------------------\/--------------------------/
/ You are in the prime of your health.                              \
| You are ready for a cabal promotion.                              |
| You are wanted for crimes.  Use "crimes" for details              |
\-------------------------------------------------------------------/

Sylvala was my second go at a bard and I had a mostly enjoyable time with her. I will be honest that, every time I regained some interest in playing her, it was quickly tamped down by the strong commentary that she elicited among the community. That said, I also loved many of the friends that were made and stories that were told. From stealing relics of the Bloodstone with Rynon, to learning to duet with Dundon, Sylvi was a great deal of fun.

I really love the bard class, but I do have a few lingering suggestions that I will be making in another thread, maybe publicly or maybe on prayer. Some of them involve methods of powering bards up in areas they struggle. Many of them involve powering bards down in areas where they more than excel. That said, the bard balance conversation is one that I have been intimately involved in, and I have provided numerous logs and ongoing feedback with the explicit intent of toning this character down.

Finally, a few shoutouts:

Ulmusdorn - You are a champ. Very supportive as a cabal immortal, and a genuine badass at setting titles. Thank you for the opportunity.

Ragnomar - I enjoyed our banter and our skirmishes, and it was enjoyable to observe your surprise before you figured out that I was resistant to your scepter and path, and changed tactics.

Dundon - You are always enjoyable to chat with and I hope you keep going with the Church. I think you can really give it some of the shape and foundation it needs.

Fenuvvyal - My right hand man, I leave the glade in your swampy hands!

Gorudo - I was bummed that you didn't live longer into Sylvi's tenure, but I greatly enjoyed our goofy times together. I still hit harder than you, even if saying so does earn me a punch! 😛

Aegreus - Our conversations as reluctant enemies in the war between Knight and Watcher were genuinely some of my favorite. You are a stellar RPer and a first class player.

Rynon - Stay horny, buddy. 😝 But in all seriousness, you are a joy to engage with.

... and so many more. But last and certainly not least...

Zergedelt - My arch nemesis from day one, you were a champion the entire time. From frustrating losses to frustrating victories, you always gave me a challenge and kept me on my toes. I was honored to be the one to finally save the playerbase from your reign of terror. Cannot say enough how much I'm looking forward to your next.

Hrmph. Dunno why you gone and done that 😭 I know you struggled with the accusations of being over-powered. I wish that hadn't happened in the community and instead they posted on the forums or spoke to an immortal directly. 

Its a small community of players who make it all the way to L. You definitely took advantage of the whole "Kill Zergedelt and get made Elder" thing (let it be said that I stand up to my promises!) but despite that rapid ascension, you more than proved to be a worthy candidate of Leader and I was proud to have you looking after my little patch of grass. You brought humility with the strength to back it up. 

I look forward to your next - you have a habit of making extraordinary characters whose RP shines above and beyond your peers. Keep up with that. 

8 hours ago, Ulmusdorn said:

Hrmph. Dunno why you gone and done that 😭 I know you struggled with the accusations of being over-powered. I wish that hadn't happened in the community and instead they posted on the forums or spoke to an immortal directly. 

Its a small community of players who make it all the way to L. You definitely took advantage of the whole "Kill Zergedelt and get made Elder" thing (let it be said that I stand up to my promises!) but despite that rapid ascension, you more than proved to be a worthy candidate of Leader and I was proud to have you looking after my little patch of grass. You brought humility with the strength to back it up. 

I look forward to your next - you have a habit of making extraordinary characters whose RP shines above and beyond your peers. Keep up with that. 

I remember killing zerg on dostin. Womp womp

Archived