The Northern Road
  You are on a rocky path heading north and south through the
Dragon's Teeth. To the south you see a large cliff, with
what looks to be an impressive edifice built into the side
of it. Northward lie more mountain peaks, and the great
expanses of the Arctic Wastelands.

[Exits: north south]

Your stomach churns.

Lithala tries her best to ignore the grumbling of her stomach.

You feel as if you are being stalked.

You spot a child hiding behind nearby boulders.

Lithala's elven eyes scans the road, her keen gaze searching the area. A smile emerges on her lips as she spots the child.

Lithala waves at the child. 'Hello there.'

The child cowers in fear as you speak to him.

You hear prayers being uttered in the high pitched voice of a young boy.

Lithala puts her weapon away and begins to slowly approach the child. 'There is no need to be afraid. I am not going to hurt you.'

As you approach, the child is clearly trembling in fear - eyes shut tightly.

Softly, the elven warmaiden says, 'I am Lithala. It is a pleasure to meet you.' She crouches down in front of the child, smiling at him. 'What is your name?'

Struggles to speak, tears stream down his cheeks.

He whimpers, 'Just go, run...'

Shaking her head, Lithala says, 'I am not going anywhere.'

You say 'Did something happen? Why are you here all alone?'

The child trembles and whimpers.

The child whimpers, 'Please just go...'

The child is wounded, blood stains his jerkin.

You say 'You are a man in need, and it is my sworn duty to help those in need.'

The child is clearly no man, a young human no older than 8 years.

Lithala cants her head at a slight angle, lips pursing into a frown at the sight of the bloodstains on the child's jerkin.

He cries out in pain, 'Hurry, before he comes back...'

Alas, Lithala was merely trying to raise the child's spirits by addressing him as a man rather than a boy!

The child looks defeated and terrified, his eyes dart as if expecting someone or something.

Lithala says 'Here. Let me tend to your wounds.' She reaches towards the child, a faint glow enveloping her hand.

A hopeful gleam fills the child's eyes as he witnesses your radiance.

He whispers, 'A crusader of the One....'

Cringes at the sight of the lightning.

Lithala lays her hand on the child's injury, letting divine power flow through her into the boy.

The child is visually relieved by the healing power, the bloody stain begins to fade.

He closes his eyes for a moment with a sense of peace.

You say 'We are not far from Maelbrim. How about we make our way back? We could stop by the tavern. Get you a muffin. And a proper meal, too.'

He opens his eyes slowly and speaks, 'That would be lovel......'

He freezes, paralyzed in fear.

Lithala looks about herself, trying to locate the source of the boy's fear.

The boy points directly behind you.

Razozuul slowly fades into existence.

Razozuul is no longer cloaked.

[Razozuul] 'Hello again.'

Lithala turns around, drawing her axe in a single, fluid motion.

Razozuul utters an indiscernible incantation and your axe hand goes numb.

[Razozuul] 'We are not here for you, Crusader.'

Razozuul raises his finger toward the child, 'This one is ours.'

The child scurries to his feet and begins to sprint, screaming at the top of his lungs.

Razozuul raises his finger toward the child and utters, 'Die.'

Lithala's axe slips between her fingers, clattering to the ground. And yet, she steps closer to the boy, positioning herself between him and Razozuul.

The child falls limply onto the ground.

Not breathing nor whimpering, the child lay suddenly cold and lifeless.

Anger rises inside Lithala. It is written on her face. It glows in her eyes.

Razozuul lowers his hand again to his side.

You say 'You vile fiend.'

'He was just a child,' Lithala says, her voice seething. 'An innocent child.'

[Razozuul] 'That is true.'

You yell 'With the Might and Wisdom of The One God upon me, I declare Crusade against Nexus!'

Razozuul approaches the child's body and utters an indiscernible incantation.

[Razozuul] 'No older than 8 human years.'

[Razozuul] 'He will never know his mother's love.'

[Razozuul] 'He will never have another filling meal.'

The spirit of the child wails as it is exhumed from his body, it screams as it is inhaled by Razozuul.

Lithala clenches her hands into tight fists, then relaxes them again. She is clearly agitated by the situation.

[Razozuul] 'His soul feeds something greater than this world.'

Razozuul turns to you, your hand regains its strength.

[Razozuul] 'Pick up the axe.'

[Razozuul] 'Let your hatred guide you.'

You say 'You have no right to so carelessly end a life. No -right- to spread suffering and fear. You are a contemptible creature, and your soul will be judged before the One God at the end of days.'

[Razozuul] 'Right? We know not of this word.'

Lithala reaches for axe -- the Axe of Vengeance -- and grips it tightly.

Razozuul extends his arms out to his sides, 'Come then. Vanquish us, crusader.'

[Razozuul] 'Be driven by hate...'

Anger, not hate. It burns in my veins and it gives me a clarity of purpose. Hallowed anger, guiding my axe-arm.

Without hesitation, Lithala darts forward, approaching Razozuul with her weapon drawn. Hatred? Retribution? Justice? Whatever drives her, she seems intent on ending Razozuul in the One God's name.

Do you honestly think you can kill a god?

Someone slowly fades into thin air.

An Immortal cloaks his presence.

You halt in your tracks as suddenly Razozuul is gone and a Maelbrim civilian is where he once stood!

The civilian cowers and puts their hands up, 'PLEASE DONT KILL ME!'

The civilian trembles in fear of you, 'I have done no wrong! Please'

Lithala just barely manages to restrain herself, the razor-sharp edge of her axe within an inch of the citizen's throat.

Eyes tightly closed, the civilian cries out to all of the gods.

'I.. I am sorry,' Lithala says, shock visible on her face. She hurls her weapon aside, as though it was a viper in her hands.

The civilian cracks a smile baring wickedly sharp teeth and speaks in a guttural tone, 'Stupid little bitch!' as he lunges to bite your throat!

Lithala steps to the side, her armoured shouldered forward, and braces for the impact.

The civilian foams out the mouth, and gnashes his teeth! His eyes glow red with otherworldly hate!

Lithala promptly smashes her shoulder into the possessed man.

Fortunately, the Order teaches it members to strike evil with blade and armour alike.

The civilian is knocked to the ground by your smash and bursts into a cloud of ash.

There is nothing but an ashen pile where the civilian once lay.

Razozuul slowly fades into existence.

Razozuul is no longer cloaked.

[Razozuul] 'Your soft heart will hinder you.'

[Razozuul] 'You will never best us.'

Lithala falls to her knees, gasping and panting, adrenaline surging through her veins.

Razozuul shows you an air of civility as you catch your breath.

[Razozuul] 'Why do you fight us?'

You say 'A righteous heart will conquer the darkness.'

[Razozuul] 'A foolish heart will conquer itself.'

'The day will come that evil is banished,' Lithala says, climbing to her feet again. She looks over at Razozuul, determination in her voice. 'It is the world the One God left for His children, before it was tainted by selfish souls.'

[Razozuul] 'Reflect on that.'

You say 'Where men can live without fear of other men. Where there is neither poverty, nor need, nor famine. Where virtue triumphs over vice.'

[Razozuul] 'This war you wage will not end until you lay down the axe before me.'

You say 'There is another way.'

[Razozuul] 'There is not.'

[Razozuul] 'Or perhaps....'

'Repent,' Lithala murmurs, offering a meek smile.

You say 'Seek the Light. It is there, even for you.'

A thin squire gallops by you his face beet red from yelling:
Hear ye! Hear ye! Lithala the Executioner of the Order has ended the Crusade against Nexus!
Your Crusade against Nexus has come to an end!

Razozuul makes a gesture in the air, and you feel as if you have been punched in the gut.

[Razozuul] 'Join us.'

Lithala staggers backwards, grunting in pain. Once she recovers, she steps forward again. 'Repent,' she insists.

You say 'There is forgiveness, even for you.'

Razozuul makes another strange gesture and you feel as if you have been kicked in the knees!

[Razozuul] 'Join us.'

Lithala stumbles, then falls. She looks up at Razozuul, shaking her head.

'REPENT!,' Lithala calls out, reaching for her sunburst pendant, raising it up towards Razozuul. 'Repent, in the name of the One God!'

Razozuul makes another strange gesture and the image of Jerefinas in chains appears before you.

The visage of Jerefinas cries out as if lost in darkness and shudders as if freezing to death.

All of Lithala's bravado dissipates in an instance. She recoils, her gaze flitting between Razozuul and that image. 'No. No.'

Razozuul makes a strange gesture and Jerefinas drops to his knees, crying out in agony.

[Razozuul] 'Do you wish to see him again?'

Razozuul clenches his fist and the image of Jerefinas convulses on the ground, unable to scream.

'Not him,' Lithala says, her voice wavering. She winces, then looks over at Razozuul again.

You say 'You are playing tricks on my mind again. Showing me things that are not real.'

Razozuul gazes back upon you, his face expressionless.

[Razozuul] 'Touch him.'

Razozuul unclenches his fist and Jerefinas lies mortally wounded on the ground before you.

Lithala moves closer to Jerefinas, reaching out to place a hand on his shoulder. Is it just an image? A figment of her imagination? Or flesh and bone?

Softly, Lithala says, 'It is going to be alright. Everything is going to be alright. I am going to take you home.'

It is flesh and bone, you feel him and he moans in pain at your touch.

His eyes open, 'Lith...Lithal...' he murmurs before coughing up blood.

Tears well up in his eyes.

Razozuul watches on, unwavering - expressionless.

Lithala smiles down at Jerefinas. She smiles through the tears that are running down her own cheeks. She smiles out of love, despite the pain. 'Hush. You are wounded. Save your energy.'

Jerefinas speaks painfully, 'You... found... me....'

He coughs up blood, 'He will... never.... let...'

Jerefinas reaches up to caress your cheek, his hands are cold from blood loss.

You say 'Jerefinas. Please. Stay with me.'

'I need you still,' Lithala says, blinking away more tears.

[Razozuul] 'That is enough.'

Razozuul makes a gesture and Jerefinas vanishes back to his prison.

Razozuul turns his back to you and begins to walk away, 'The only way to him is through us.'

Razozuul vanishes into shadow.

Someone slowly fades into thin air.

An Immortal cloaks his presence.

You feel a divine presence guide you to new found experiences!
You earn 5 rp points!

By the One God. Is this yet another trial? Another test of faith and duty? Lithala climbs to her feet, her shoulders weighed down by mountainous burdens.

'I need Your guidance,' Lithala murmurs to herself -- to the One God. 'Let Your Light illuminate my path.'

You hear the voice of Jerefinas, 'Lithala, I am alive...' in your heart.

You say 'I will bring you home.'

I mount my steed and urge it into motion, making my way back home to the Unicorn Glade. It is time to pray.

• Like 1
  • Love 1