Longest Lived

Tantangel

I've been curious as to longest lived characters, as when I returned people still spoke very highly of Thulgan IG and his impact made, but I never really knew when the character was created or eventually deleted or whatever it was that caused the end to their life. I asked someone once a good year or two ago now who may have been the longest lived character in FL, perhaps in terms of hours if that is easier or even blocks of time in which they existed like months and years. So who are they, and even which of your own personal characters would you think of, even if no one else believes they made any impact. Considering the allure of it though, I'm thinking Thulgan probably takes the cake overall, but I'm not sure since I played very briefly during his reign of terror, but maybe I'm wrong.

12 hours ago, Mmm Coffee said:

I don't know how she does it.  Her characters last longer than most of my relationships.

I would guess it's partially due to her having to escape the madness of being an IMP, her own family dealings, and needing a release of the rage built up inside from the combination of all of those. I know that I've done the same things, but it's more for boredom than anything else. They definitely last longer than all of my relationships though.

I'm never sure what Aulian plays or played until he posts his goodbyes on here. The longest character of his that I know of was around maybe 8 months or so as a Watcher, but that's probably at least 30 different characters too.

I'm thinking of all time, either years played, or total play time on the character once deleted, or even a combination of one or the other. I feel that with the amount of characters we typically go through in a month or two, that the ones who last the longest should be easy to recall and give me an idea of the outliers of why one character lasts over any other, especially if it were to come from a player who has a mix of longevity and TDP syndrome.

8 minutes ago, Tantangel said:

1 :       5 : rp  :  an Immortal : 10/23/2017 13:09:39 : note Four herbs and a soul tear - once they can join someone at their peak it's fine to sell

I have no idea what this journal signifies. Is it from one of those characters?

59 minutes ago, Lexi said:

I have no idea what this journal signifies. Is it from one of those characters?

Not quite. No journals.

1 :       5 : rp  :  an Immortal : 10/23/2017 13:09:39 : note Four herbs and a soul tear - once they can join someone at their peak it's fine to sell
    2 :      25 : rp  :  an Immortal : 11/03/2017 05:34:46 : History Check
    3 :       4 : rp  :  an Immortal : 11/04/2017 10:35:59 : rp with Ivesianna
    4 :      11 : rp  :  an Immortal : 01/01/2018 06:44:07 : note Laying in Shadows
    5 :       7 : rp  :  an Immortal : 01/13/2018 13:31:31 : note Riots, Strikes, ... a bit long winded
    6 :       6 : rp  :  an Immortal : 01/14/2018 07:49:00 : note From Mediocre to Superiority
    7 :       8 : rp  :  an Immortal : 01/19/2018 12:42:36 : cabal chat with Panek
    8 :      10 : rp  :  an Immortal : 02/02/2018 12:14:52 : recruiting note
    9 :       5 : rp  :  an Immortal : 02/07/2018 18:46:21 : Forum Log: Wheres the water?
   10 :       6 : rp  :  an Immortal : 02/07/2018 18:46:26 : Note: Note from Razul
   11 :       5 : rp  :  an Immortal : 02/07/2018 18:46:27 : Forum Log: 10 Meals Day keeps the Savants away
   12 :       6 : rp  :  an Immortal : 02/09/2018 20:49:56 : Forum Log: Finally an Ember
   13 :       4 : rp  :  an Immortal : 02/10/2018 13:18:46 : rp with the other merchants
   14 :       7 : rp  :  an Immortal : 02/20/2018 23:30:21 : RP: A Meeting With a Wyrm
   15 :      10 : rp  :  an Immortal : 02/25/2018 23:08:35 : Note: Screams of Deafening Silence
   16 :       6 : rp  :  an Immortal : 03/14/2018 12:33:25 : Forum Log: Xtonial + Thyrius + Aleragh - Liars All of the Time
*  17 :       7 : rp  :  an Immortal : 03/19/2018 04:56:45 : [reason hidden]
   18 :       5 : rp  :  an Immortal : 03/20/2018 10:43:26 : RP: Fungus and Statues
   19 :       7 : rp  :  an Immortal : 03/21/2018 12:11:59 : Note: Pathways to the Future
   20 :       6 : rp  :  an Immortal : 04/09/2018 11:06:58 : Note: Hiring Merchant's
  ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  Displayed records 1 to 20.

179 :      10 : rp  :  an Immortal : 10/09/2020 21:25:50 : Forum Log: All You Need Is Love
  ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  Displayed record 179.

11 hours ago, Tantangel said:

I would guess it's partially due to her having to escape the madness of being an IMP, her own family dealings, and needing a release of the rage built up inside from the combination of all of those. I know that I've done the same things, but it's more for boredom than anything else. They definitely last longer than all of my relationships though.

I'm never sure what Aulian plays or played until he posts his goodbyes on here. The longest character of his that I know of was around maybe 8 months or so as a Watcher, but that's probably at least 30 different characters too.

I'm thinking of all time, either years played, or total play time on the character once deleted, or even a combination of one or the other. I feel that with the amount of characters we typically go through in a month or two, that the ones who last the longest should be easy to recall and give me an idea of the outliers of why one character lasts over any other, especially if it were to come from a player who has a mix of longevity and TDP syndrome.

TDP syndrome, oh boy! Anyone remembers how his female drow dk with two full malforms in 1.0. was named? (hint: starts with a Q...) :)

Anyhow, anyone knows where TDP is? The guy's still alive, still playing?

Since we're talking about ancient times, anyone knows if the guys who played Dolgan and Aenarion (the Swedish couple :D ) are still alive and playing? And the guy who played Grayyg?

Ah yes, the memories... 

On 10/11/2020 at 12:47 AM, Tantangel said:

Hmmmm.

Most of my characters last about a year - if I stick with them. 

Longest lived for me? Possibly Dumela who was like 18 calendar months of active play. 

Brahdah was I think 13 months before KBS broke up completely and I lost interest. 

Ghadryn was about 14ish months. 

I suppose now most people quit before boredom sets in. Zergedelt was just under 1 calendar year (I rolled it in October last year) and I only condied due to the fact I took 6ish deaths from Hunger. However the character was beginning to get boring which is always the case when you are 'stronger' than the average and the opposing cabal empties or people stop breaking laws when you're around.

EDIT: And by stronger I mean I was high cabal ranked and playing quite a powerful combo as it turns out. Not upping my own PK ability as those that are better than me at PK, it turns out, killed me. ;) 

7 hours ago, Cephirus said:

Anyone remember what year the second age started?

https://wiki.theforsakenlands.com/History/History

310-500 PC

Some time yesterday (12 October 2020): It is [hh], Sevenday the [dd]th of [mm] (season) 2469 PC.

This gives us a range of 2159-1969 years ago.

https://wiki.theforsakenlands.com/Information/Time

1 Month  ≈   10 Years
1 Year   ≈  120 Years

2159 is just shy of exactly 18 years ago.  In fact, it should be exactly 18 years ago in a few days.
1969 is about 16.4 years ago.

Using this link, we can plug and play to find out:
Thursday, 17 October 2002 - Wednesday, 19 May 2004
Give or take the accuracy of the original date on the wiki.

10 hours ago, Mali said:

I am probably the longest lived player. Me and Muddy. A few of you were there with us in AR to here.  All of my characters are essentially the same even though they wear different names.

Ask me anything.

Just a bunch of Demon Battlemages ;)

Yeah, It's crazy to think I've played this game for going on twenty years. Terra and I were playing AR and she let me know about FL and the beta was just about to end, so I checked it out and have played essentially ever since.

@Velimir I remember when you, Terra, and I all had characters in Warmaster and we had the "Bash the bat" with the Savant Vamp, Ellwyn (don't remember the spelling).

Archived