Artifact Quests: An Overview

Gifnab

The purpose of this post is to clarify artifact quests, since there are often questions about what they are and how they work.

What is an artifact quest?

An artifact quest is a quest line that is customized to your character, purchasable with RP points. The intent of the quest is to give you an opportunity to explore and expand on the personal roleplay of your character, with a tangible reward at the end as a lasting embodiment of your accomplishment in completing that quest.

Artifact quests can be difficult. They are likely to be more difficult than any other quest in the game, in part due to the fact that they originate and exist for the exclusive purpose of use by your character. Therefore, no one has ever completed your artifact quest before, so no one else will have any answers or guidance to offer you toward their completion.

An artifact quest is a bona fide, in-game quest line. It is typically prog based, so once complete, you will be able to tackle the quest without immortal intervention, just like a real world quest.

How much does an artifact quest cost?

100 roleplay points.

Note: We will not approve an artifact quest if you have 100 RP points and a quest class/cabal slot that requires you to maintain a minimum RP threshold.

What's the process?

Step 1: Apply in game using an application to Immortal, with Artifact Quest somewhere in the title. This application does not have to be long, but it should be in character.

Step 2: Patience. Just like any application, we will discuss (briefly in this case) whether we should approve or deny the application.

Note: Purchasing an artifact quest through RP points gained through non-RP means (assisting other players in ranking, quests, etc.) will likely be looked on less favorably than an artifact quest purchased with RP points earned through RP means (journals, notes, logs, etc). An artifact quest implies and builds on the fact that your character has a solid RP foundation, which we need to be able to build out a meaningful quest.

Step 3: More patience. If your application is approved, that is an indication that your artifact quest will begin -- not that it has already begin. The reason for this second round of patience is that once we have approved the application, it takes some time to plan out the storyline of your quest and, of course, to actually build the quest itself.

Step 4: The quest begins. You will receive a permanent quest (like any normal quest) and a clue of some kind to give you an indication of where/how to begin. From there, it's on you to figure out the next step and begin solving the riddles, finding the puzzle pieces, and putting everything together.

Step 5: Quest complete! Collect your reward!

What's the reward?

The reward for an RP quest is completely unique to the character. It is customized, thematic, and RP-focused. Typically (but not always) this is a restrung, owner only cabal item -- something you would use anyway -- with an added use to it. These will not be overwhelmingly PK-oriented rewards, but rather will be small, thematic enhancements to your character.

If you have questions, please feel free to ask -- but note that as most artifact quests and rewards are highly customized, this should cover many of the standard facets of the quest/process. A lot of the substance is variable, so we won't be able to give tremendously more specific answers, in that regard.

Hope that helps!

• Like 2
  • Love 2

Its worth it in my experience. I will say the quests are challenging, and involve a mix of critical thinking, patience, and some understanding of end game areas.

If you had the option to get one before an rp necklace I would recommend it.

Edited by 'tarako

• 2 years later...
On 11/17/2020 at 10:16 AM, egreir said:

Any chance of being told was some previous artifacts were?  i.e. what their "Special power" was?  100RP is a chunk, I'd personally like to know what ballpark of a reward I'm looking at other than a restrung cabal eq piece

Just saw this. Mine was a custom replacement for the efuzan balls. It looked awesome, but also made a fairly tame rp oriented pet. It wasn't winning any pks but it was one of the coolest looking things ypu could ask for. 

And tbh a huge huge part of it wasn't the fat loot, it was the journey to get it. The questing was well thought out, broken into multiple parts (seriously, gifnab made a complete bizarro winter area for one part of the quest. ONE part. Like winter but a mirror image of it)