Dundon the Faun! The Faun is Gone!

Archbishop Monk

Well, I tried to get back in after life decided to kick my ass around, but hey, you can't have everything you want.  Dundon I rolled as an alt to Xekhir, my lich because lich was extremely frustrating.  Once the ball got rolling though with RP and the Church, it just kind of took over.  Thanks to every Imm interaction as it seemed like all of you at one point or another wanted to throw something my way which I had no clue on how to deal with.  Sorry I couldn't complete the cycle with Dundon and lead the Church in the direction I thought it could go, but life happened.

I'm only doing this now because after three months and all the changes that I have missed in the game, getting back into Dundon just seemed off and wrong.  I don't even remember where things got left off and with all the RL craziness just toasted the RP I had going.  Hell, I don't even remember his history which for me is a huge deal for how I play the characters.

edit:  I was going to list out shoutouts, but I feel like I've been gone too long and would leave out important characters I cannot remember right now.  As far as stats go:

/-----------------\/------------------------------------------------\
| Dundon          || Prophet of MINISTRY                            |
\-----------------/\------------------------------------------------/
| Str: 17(17)^8   || Level 50 Sex M          Age   119(327h)        |
| Int: 17(17)^1   || Class bard              Size  medium           |
| Wis: 21(21)     || Race  Faun(halfling)    Align neutral neutral  |
| Dex: 25(25)^2   || Hp    1190/1190  (115%) Exp   39139/649061     |
| Con: 20(20)^2   || Mana   845/918   (100%) +Hit  67 (68%)         |
\ Lck: [||||||]   \/ Move   505/505   (100%) +Dam  60               /
/-----------------/\--------------------/\--------------------------\
|     ARMOR       ||      SAVES         || Deity  The One God       |
| Slash  -640     || Spell       -26    || Faith  Church            |
| Pierce -626     || Afflictive   0     || Weight 357/405           |
| Blunt  -631     || Maledictive -16    || Items  37/55             |
| Magic  -609     || Mental      -23    || Prac   10     Train 0    |
|                 || Breath      -8     || RP     153               |
|                 ||                    || Gold   35K    CP 4.1K    |
\-----------------\/--------------------\/--------------------------/
/ You are in the prime of your health.                              \
| You are ready for a cabal promotion.                              |
\-------------------------------------------------------------------/

That's almost fully buffed.  I never did get my armor straightened out, but at this point, it doesn't matter.  I pretty much had every defense to 110% at one point as well with close to these stats.  Yeah.....bards definitely needed the nerfing they got and I hope they are more in line now.

I will say, I tried to help as many people I could so that everyone felt like they had at least one person willing to help them gear up.  I was also very careful not to take any more unique gear, else the stats would have been even crazier.   Dundon DEFINITELY defended too well against most at the serious cost of being bash bait for just about any giant.  The only hope I had was to outdamage them so I focused my armor that way.  I don't have my final score sheet, but I know I had about the same saves with about 75hr/65dr and less -ac.

Well, I hope I get more time to play.  See you all in game, though probably not as much as before until RL straightens out more.

57 minutes ago, Trick said:

Dundon was so much fun to interact with and I was waiting for the day the PK would come in. Never did really see you get your hands bloody though.

Keep it up and keep the good characters flowing!

Talk to @Chief about my PK, lol.  For whatever reason, I always seem to be at odds with him.

There weren't really many who wouldn't rather have Dundon take them on a trip or RP.  I was fine with that  :drinks:.

I kept hoping to see Lithala, Dundon, and Veracarnim come back and play. Then Veracarnim deleted. Then Lithala is booted for inactivity in November. And Dundon in December. They were all interesting characters, and it always seems like you three inspire the most thought for myself as a player and as the characters I've played. Usually I'm not one for wanting to just RP and would like to mix it up a lot, but often times it seems that with you three, as a whole and not the individual characters, I actually enjoy both equally, with RP edging out the trips I'd rather take when it's almost anyone else playing. I've always preferred subtle RP to absolute bangers, but you managed to not just nail it every time to date, but consistently do so without making the game unfun in any way.

Archived