Enchant Armor/Weapons

tonnix

So I have been working on an invoker and curious as to how the enchant armor/weapons work. I picked the artificer perk so at 105% on skill, but can't seem to get above a -7 on armor, doesn't matter if the gear I try to enchant is a level 1 piece or a level 40 piece, current invoker level is 30. Anyone mind shining some light on what the max enchant is and how it compares with levels, I've searched the forums and haven't really found any sort of answer on this.

Your spell level (aka your character level + spell level gear) plays a substantive role in enchant armor success rate. Technically the max enchant AC is -11, but that can only be achieved if you have an item at -9 and get a "double" enchant. The max normally is -10.

Pro-tip: if you've got a really nice piece of eq you're enchanting, don't push it past -6 or -7 unless you've got a spare.  Same with getting more than a few points of hit/dam on a weapon.  There's nothing worse than getting a piece of unique eq and blowing it up because you got greedy for that extra -3ac.

Thanks, gave me an idea of what range to push for. If I remember right I had read before about invokers having an armor class of over -1k and was wondering if people were getting like -20 each gear piece... appreciate the tips.

The highest I’ve ever heard of was in the -700 or -800s, and and least one of the mechanics they were using to achieve those numbers is no longer possible.

I would say in this day and age, for a high dexterity race (elf, drow, etc.), that somewhere in the ballpark of -450 to -500 is quite acceptable. -600 would be quite good but once you hit -450, you should focus on driving up your HP rather than finding the highest AC pieces possible.

• Implementor
1 hour ago, Gifnab said:

...once you hit -450, you should focus on driving up your HP rather than finding the highest AC pieces possible.

The reason for this is that AC has diminishing returns on it past -450 AC at a 2:1 ratio.  That -450 AC is -450 AC, but that -700 AC is calculated at -575.

AC seems to be a bit limited anyhow, my healer had an AC of around -525 and got owned while wearing a shield instead of staff by a shaman vampire in physical combat, the spells weren't nearly as bad, and that was pushing around -40 on saves across the board. Just know that it's essential for invokers for leveling with any ease.  Was just curious about maxing is all.

On 3/3/2021 at 6:30 AM, Kassieti said:

The reason for this is that AC has diminishing returns on it past -450 AC at a 2:1 ratio.  That -450 AC is -450 AC, but that -700 AC is calculated at -575.

That would be -525

700 - 450 = 250

250/2 = 125

Archived