Mmm Coffee vs. Active Players

Mmm Coffee

7 hours ago, Mmm Coffee said:

oh really? There are no cabal powers?

Correct. Instead, they have special extra cabal equipment that can be progressively upgraded starting at M, with very large stat increases. At E, the final upgrades become available, which in addition to very powerful static effects, also secondary prog effects (save 1 slot for one upgrade type, which instead of the prog it adds a resist).

This is just the alpha, though. There are substantial changes coming (I do still build), although the core concept of "no powers, but modify equipment instead" will remain the same.this should make the upgrades more fluid and comparable to each rank, instead of having "do nothing" ranks beyond inductee in exchange for massive power spikes on meaningful promotions.

I've said this in discord months ago, but will say it again-- I really like the mechanical design of CHURCH. That said, I have zero interest in deeply religious RP that has words like church, crusader, cross, etc in it. I grew up catholic and while I am not religious today, I just don't find that type of stuff fun or engaging in the slightest. Its unfortunate, because I think the mechanics behind church are amazing and make a ton of sense. In fact, they will make this mud more likely to succeed as the dynamic creates less dependence on eq and avoids the CTF trap of most cabals. I just wish that those mechanics weren't coupled to an RP I have zero interest in. 

Archived