Physics and FL

Enethier

Fun little conversation in Discord this morning got me curious. What's your favorite thing that could happen if real world physics applied to FL?

For example: this morning we discussed how a faerie bodyslamming a giant at top speed in the game would evaporate both the faerie and the giant. Essentially, it goes like this.... If you go to the dune sea, you see that each room there covers upwards of hundreds of miles of ocean. If you moved at the highest possible speed (mud lag for directions is small, but still there) you're clocking thousands of miles per hour through those rooms. If you took a 61 centimeter (2 feet) tall faerie, their average height, and sent it flying at a giant at that speed, the force of the impact would shred turn them both into plasma. As an aside, I would like to submit my application now for a faerie launcher. Immortals... chop, chop. 😁😂

Of course, wind sheer would tear apart the faerie's body long before impact... But that's besides the point. 

I meant to comment on how things like magic (racially implicit or otherwise) affect the interpretation we may have on the natural laws but didn't get around to formulating a well-argued comment. I ended up on thinking that we have some way to go before addressing this and other natural phenomena. Have we had characters that explore the mathematics of Aabahran? Some constellation work has been done, I know, but I'm unsure if any axioms concerning natural phenomena have been explored in depth.

• Immortal

I remember Final Fantasy Tactics actually had a "Mathematician" class which had "math" spells that would have effects based on the divisor of the enemies' and your party's level.

From memory their spells involved speeding up and slowing down time and other buff/debuff style spells.

I always thought that was a unique and cool idea.

• 3 weeks later...
38 minutes ago, Kassieti said:

Start by downloading the app from whichever store you're familiar with, Apple or Google.

Then follow the link in that thread.  Making an account is helpful, but not critical initially.

I'm sorry. I already have a discord. I'm kind of a newbie to forums so I must have missed the link, but I will hopefully find my pace soon lol. I will look for that link.

Archived