Akayli and Aetati

Kassieti

• Implementor

The sea-elf lord looks up from his work at Aetati and say, 'This is who you spoke of?

Akayli curtseys gracefully.

Nodding her head, Aetati introduces Akayli.  'This is Miss Akayli, lord'.

The sea-elf lord nods at Aetati and then turns to Akayli.  'Well met, Miss Akayli.  Welcome to the Cay'.

'You are an associate of Aetati?' the sea-elf lord ask.

A small smile curls the corners of her lips as Akayli says, 'Thank you M'lord.  Yes, I am an associate of you.'

The sea-elf lord nods and then turns to Aetati.  'So, you spoke of questions you had for me.  She is here to bear witness?'

Nodding, Aetati says, 'Yes, my lord.  I consider her wisdom sound'.

A soft light of color rises to her cheeks before Akayli dips her head, 'I would be pleased to listen and advise if need be.'

The sea-elf lord says, 'Then both you and Aetati may ask what you may, as you have both proven yourself through you aid to us'.

Aetati's voice sounds watery as she speaks through her mask 'Thank you, my lord'

Aetati closes her eyes as if to concentrate inward.

'Did you know of my meeting with the council?' Aetati asks straight forward.

The sea-elf lord nods and says to Aetati, 'I knew it was arranged.  I in fact signed off upon it'

Raising an eyebrow beneath her mask, Aetati asks, 'And, was it designed for me to see to a phsyician?

The sea-elf lord pauses a moment before answering Aetati.  'It was discussed, if your condition seemed to worsen'.

Aetati's voice sounds watery as she speaks through her mask 'And what exactly is this condition'

Akayli seats comfortably, floating several inches off the ground, looking back and forth between you and the sea-elf lord.

The sea-elf lord sighs heavily then shakes his head.  'That, even I do not know how to answer, Aetati.

Continuning, the sea-elf lord asks of Aetati, 'What do you remember of your parentage?

Aetati pauses a moment.........a long moment, before she answers.  'Nothing in detail as I have no memories of them but what I was told

The sea-elf lord turns to Akayli and asks, 'Have you noticed any changes recently in Aetati's countenance?

Akayli looks at you.

Aetati looks at Akayli and blinks a few times, but it is hidden beneath her mask.

A single brow lifts before Akayli answers, 'Not since the mask.  At least I did not notice anything until then but I did miss some time that I was unable to see her.'

Lips twitch for a brief moment before Akayli adds, 'Ah, she almost smiled once.'

The sea-elf lord ponders a moment, then asks 'Did Aetati smile before or after she wore the mask?

Akayli says 'Before.'

The sea-elf lord pauses again, this time drumming his finger on the desk before him.  'And, with that smile, did Aetati wince?

Aetati looks from Akayli to the sea-elf lord, obviously wondering where this is going.

Akayli tilts her head back, pondering a moment before shaking her head, 'Ah, no.'

Akayli says 'I do not think so.'

Nodding his head, the sea-elf lord turns his attention between you and Aetati.  'I can only tell you what we know

'Your birth' the sea-elf lord continues, 'Not one sea-elf witnessed' and then pauses waiting for you and Aetati to absorb that.

Aetati seems absolutely still, not moving at all, not even drifting with the current.

The sea-elf lord says, 'You were found by the lone abolone near the Sahuagin camp.  We took you in as you were clearly not Sahuagin and named you Aetati'.

As if all her words have left her, Aetati says nothing but just stands entirely still.

Continuing to listen, Akayli tilts her head back and forth between the Lord and you, 'So much as I, you are uncertain of her parentage.  Do you know if she has Sea Elven blood in her veins?'

The sea-elf lord turns to Akayli and says, 'We cannot say whether or not the blood of the sea-elves runs in her veins or not.  Or, even if blood runs in Aetati's veins'.

Aetati opens her mouth as if to speak beneath her mask, but no sounds come out.

With a smooth, slick sound, the dagger belted to her waist is pulled out, 'Has she never been cut?  Injured?' Akayli asks, more and more curious by the moment.

A small droplet of 'something' drips from beneath the chin of Aetati's mask and is wash away in the current.

Akayli taps her chest, 'Does her heart beat?  Even if it is not blood by some standards, she is alive.'

The sea-elf lord says, 'Injured, yes.  But, we can only say she is most definitely alive.  But whether Aetati is sea-elf or not, or even if we knew how to test her blood, we cannot say'.

Turning her attention to you, Akayli sighs and shakes her head, 'It matters only as to why it is thought she deteriorates, ultimately, yes?'

Noticing that Aetati seems in complete shock, the sea-elf lord leans over his desk slightly and addresses Akayli.  'Her form did not resemble the elven kin at all at first.  She grew into it over her time with us.

he sea-elf lord nods at Akayli before stating, 'As you can see, we know as little about Aetati as most likely she does about herself'.

Slender shoulders rise and fall for a moment before Akayli states, 'I did not look as I do now for over three centuries.  There are always answers to these questions.'

Akayli says 'What did she look like at first?'

Nodding at Akayli, the sea-elf lord asks, 'Have you seen the lone abolone near the Sahuagin camp?  Inside is a pearl with an odd luster.  Aetati greatly resembled that pearl'.

Akayli looks at you.

Lips purse for a moment before Akayli asks, 'The black pearl?'

finally moving, Aetati asks with a weak voice, 'I w-was a p-pearl?

Nodding once, the sea-elf lord says, 'An odd colored pearl, not black, not white nor any color we could name.  Hence, why you were named Aetati

Leaning over, Akayli gently bumps her shoulder against your, 'You are still a pearl young one.  Unique, special, and very precious.'

The sudden touch seems to shake Aetati from her stupor.  She asks, 'What am I?

'As such, no doubt the Sea Lord would do everything in his power to help such a precious youngling thrive' Akayli states with a hint of hardness in her tone, 'Yes?'

The sea-elf lord nods at Akayli.  'Of course we did all we could for Aetati.

The sea-elf lord then adds, 'And we hoped Aetati herself could tell us more about her, given time'.

Akayli says 'Why do the physicians think that she is deteriorating?'

Akayli taps her chin with a fingertip, 'And why the question of the smile?'

'The mask that was fashioned' the sea-elf lord says pointing at Aetati's face, 'Was given because the truth has been kept from them.  To her, she is a sea-elf and we all regard her as such

'What am I?' Aetati says quietly, almost a statement rather than a question.

'Something not to be feared but to be celebrated' Akayli says softly, 'A journey she will undertake to find who she is completely.'

The sea-elf lord says, 'So you see, while I understand all she has done for the Cay and what she has sought to do with the Empire, Aetati has a personal journey to make herself.

'One thing I learned when I started to change' Akayli turns to you and reaches for her hand.  Gently, she continues, 'It is not what, but -who- you are that is what is important.'

Akayli says 'While you will continue to search, to learn, to grow.  It is more important who you are than what.'

Clutching the tome of the faithful in one hand, Aetati squeezes your hand tightly.

You hold The Tome of the Faithful in your hand.

Aetati's voice sounds watery as she speaks through her mask 'T-thank y-ou.'

The sea-elf lord says, 'I knew this day would come at some point.  But, I had hoped I would have more answers for you by then, Aetati.

The sea-elf says, 'For that, I am truly sorry' as he rises from his desk and walks around to stand in front of Aetati.

'Continue to support her, as shall I' Akayli says simply, holding your hand softly still, 'Perhaps you will be pleasantly surprised when she learns who she is.'

The sea-elf lord turns from Aetati to Akayli, 'You are a good friend to support her in such.  We will continue to support he as well.  All our resource will be at her disposal in her journey

In the darkness of night, even with the lights of the room, Akayli's skin is nearly luminescent with the black markings standing out in stark contrast, 'I am glad to hear that.  I thank you for telling her..'

Akayli says 'The truth that you know, even if it does lead to more questions.'

'I' is all Aetati can say for a long time.  After a time, she says 'I thank you both for your support' then adds 'My Lord and Miss'.

The sea-elf lord says, 'It was the best I could do for Aetati at this time' then returns to seat at his desk.

Akayli says 'Please do send word if you find out more.'

Nodding, the sea-elf lord says, 'We will keep open lines of communication between both you and Aetati'.

Akayli seems hesitant for a moment, then shakes her head slowly, 'Appreciated' is all she says instead.

'And' the sea-elf lord adds, 'Should you find out more, please return the information about Aetati to us as well, so that we might better support her'.

Akayli says 'Indeed.  Though I seem to be having difficulty in learning new things of late.  Hopefully, this will change.'

The sea-elf lord looks content and relieved.  'I am glad Aetati has found a friend such as you'

Rising from her seated position, Akayli curtseys, still floating just barely off the ground.

Squeezing you hand tighter, Aetati whispers to you, 'I need time to process this, Miss'.

Akayli nods.

Akayli says 'If I may remain, I would ask one question?'

Akayli tilts her head curiously to the Lord.

The sea-elf lord says, 'You are both free to come as needed, or leave when you feel' as he then nods to Aetati.

Akayli sits down and rests.

Akayli says 'One question, in private?'

Aetati nods and then turns towards the spectacular hall door and exits.

* I left, I was utterly exhausted and satisfied.  I also knew the editing was going to kick my ass*

Akayli wrings her hands a moment, obviously hesitant.

Aetati says quietly, 'Who am I?

Aetati clutches the tome of the faithful tighter in her hand.