Wii

Deykari

Nintendo have always been to me, "family" consoles. They may not be riddled with all the FPS/Action/whatever games like what are about on xbox/PS consoles as they do cater for more of a family audience, but there is something about Nintendo consoles and their games that I love. By the sounds of things anyway, there are definately going to be some games aimed at the older, more mature audiece if you will for the Wii.

But heck, I still love the more lighthearted games when it comes to multiplayer madness with friends in the same room. Gets competitive. :D

And Twilight Princess looks absolutely great. And will have some sort of teen/adult certification due to it having blood and stuff in. Not to mention the sex scenes... ;)

Each to their own I suppose.

Dey

I'm gonna skip over the amount of burns I could have gotten Dey with and say something actually on topic...

I think the Wii is a system that you shouldn't buy, but if you go to a friend's house, you should totally boggart it for hours. That said, I feel the same about the Xbox and Halo, and most nextgen consoles.

Oh, not trying to say the Wii is better than any other console. But as far as games go, I like FPS games but not on consoles - much prefer them on the PC. So for a console, I'm not looking for something as my main "gaming centre" but more as something that will be a good laugh when a few mates come around, and for me, well, I love the whole Nintendo thing so the Wii will be my choice.

What newguy said sounded interesting in the other thread though, that you could actually get a Wii and an Xbox360 for the same price as a PS3. Don't know if that's true or not, but if it is? I'd definately go for a Wii/360. :D

Dey

Lacking a job with a decent wage keeps me from buying a console, and if I had one, games. That and I feel like I'm wasting training/ranking time with a char if I'm playing some console game.

What I cannot stand is the fact that most the games I want to play (namely RPGs), don't have the replayability I'm looking for. The mud has ultimate replayability, in the amount of different combos, plus that no two characters will ever have the same experience.

What I cannot stand is the fact that most the games I want to play (namely RPGs)' date=' don't have the replayability I'm looking for. The mud has ultimate replayability, in the amount of different combos, plus that no two characters will ever have the same experience.[/quote']

Plus the fact that FL is online. In my opinion, single-player games, RPGs included, lack the replayability that an online game has, simply put, because you're playing with human players and not prescripted computer opponents.

Dey

Archived